IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a search warrant has been obtained, I was under the impression it still must be served (or presented) to someone. That LE can't just show up, without anyone knowing but the judge who granted it.

That it be served on someone locked up in jail on other matters would seem rather odd. Does anyone know? I'm just curious. If anyone has been residing on RLs home place LE may actually have served the SW on that person and allowed the media and the general public to draw its own false conclusions, that the PC was connected to RL. In other words, somewhat of a red herring. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RL is represented by counsel, at least a week prior to the search around his Ford pickup. So the SW could have been given to Atty Achey.
I saw comments after the search thanking LE for leaving the garage neat and restacking the hay in the barn so someone was around to see his place afterwards at least.
It makes sense that he must have had someone either living there or coming around frequently ever since his license was suspended. It's not like living in the city on a bus route, losing transportation especially at an advanced age with health issues puts one in a very vulnerable position, perhaps having to rely on someone less than ideal. It's a big rural place to live there all alone, when you have animals, have had a break in, and you can't own a firearm or have access to a vehicle.

I just have a strong hunch there's something we're not picking up on regarding that March 17th SW, I really do think it's not what it appears to be. . . .

How about the square barn on the Mears farm, just across the road from RL's property? RL reportedly kept his vehicle "across the road," though we don't know whether it was just across the road or perhaps in a barn across the road. In the TV 13 WTHR video of the March 17 search, at 1:05 on the left side of the screen behind the reporter, I believe we see the Mears barn and silos. At 1:30 we see an officer with a dog apparently searching the southeast corner of that same barn. So if I'm right, the March 17 search was not confined to RL's property. Indeed, I believe the title shot of the 13 WTHR video shows the Mears barn, not RL's:

[video=youtube;I_B9tdkBKa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B9tdkBKa8[/video]

It makes sense to me people would wonder how he walks and what his gait looks like. After all, we have so little to go by and people have stared at BG for a few months now.

At times like this in a case, there is so little left to even discuss until any other updates.

It makes sense to me people would wonder how he walks and what his gait looks like. After all, we have so little to go by and people have stared at BG for a few months now.

At times like this in a case, there is so little left to even discuss until any other updates.

True :)

but he is not on a flat surface he is on a uneven bridge with bits here and there missing.

So how can we take anything of value away from two still frames ?

I wonder if during the search of RL's home/property, they were looking also for anything that would indicate someone was staying there with RL.

I just have a strong hunch there's something we're not picking up on regarding that March 17th SW, I really do think it's not what it appears to be.

Considering RL was locked up March 10th, imo a prosecutor would have a tough time convincing a jury of any evidence found during a Mar 17 search implicated RL, seized more than one month after the crime. That totally departs from chain of custody directly connecting evidence to the time the crime was committed. The reason that sort of evidence is very weak is that it would be too easy for something to have been staged/planted by the true culprit, considering RLs DNA would already be everywhere and he's a most likely high-on-the-list fall guy according to Social Media.

It's expected that the landowner of a murder scene would be an initial POI. I have faith that LE conducted adequate searches at the onset, and the reason for what occurred on March 17 indeed is connected but not as obvious as it might seem.

If this is "a complex case" then something must be causing it to be so.

What a great point. That the search was conducted not just well after the murder but well after RL had been away from the place for several days! I can see how difficult it would be to definitively connect it to him. I had thought before they didn't need him off the property and locked up to search his place. They could have done it any time. Why wait a week after he was locked up? Quite possible they had his place under surveillance for a while, maybe even since 2/14. Watching for someone to return to the scene? Surely something could happen on a place like that in the night that RL doesn't hear or see. I was thinking why would someone bother to come back and leave evidence well after since they would have thought the property was previously searched, but then LE said they conducted the search because of more recent tips received.
I noticed that Libby's grandparents posted a note on their page written by RL'S relative stating his innocence. It looked to me like they do not think RL is a suspect.

True :)

but he is not on a flat surface he is on a uneven bridge with bits here and there missing.

So how can we take anything of value away from two still frames ?

We can't really. I suppose I need something new to ponder so I'm looking at his feet :)

I wonder if during the search of RL's home/property, they were looking also for anything that would indicate someone was staying there with RL.

I did wonder that as well. RL seems like the perfect fall guy imo

Me, too. I get the feeling they either thought RL was a viable suspect, or they wanted to give that impression, because they have been extremely quiet since. I am still trying hard to stay optimistic and believe that they are working hard to tie something together, but I'm not sure. As is somewhat typical after newly minted leadership takes power in the country, there seems to be shifting in the criminal world as well, I've noticed an increase of certain activity in my old hometown area lately, with an epidemic of OD's, an odd homicide, and a recent influx of activity by a motorcycle "club" which had largely been gone from the area for nearly 30 years. With all the crime we've discovered that seems to happen in Delphi alone, LE are seemingly inundated, making a case like this even more difficult. Following this case has definitely given me a whole new level of respect for LE. It's also made me more aware of the prevalence of crimes against women and children(especially girls), which is both heartbreaking and enraging. We need to be better.

IMO The Warrant Was Served On RL because
Everyone called about him after seeing him on video and seeing the pic of bridge guy.
Same clothes= suspect.
Sooo
LE couldn't ignore it and did a search
I don't think they found anything at all.

Jmo

Once a search warrant has been obtained, I was under the impression it still must be served (or presented) to someone. That LE can't just show up, without anyone knowing but the judge who granted it.

That it be served on someone locked up in jail on other matters would seem rather odd. Does anyone know? I'm just curious. If anyone has been residing on RLs home place LE may actually have served the SW on that person and allowed the media and the general public to draw its own false conclusions, that the PC was connected to RL. In other words, somewhat of a red herring. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot to say that they would more than likely serve it to him in jail since he isnt at the property. I agree about the red herring possibility. LE always knows more than they can say to the public. They likely just wanted to make sure they didn't miss anything that could be important in court later. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad more of them don't stick a gun in their mouths instead of killing innocent people, IMO. Samantha, Abby & Libby, Danielle, Lyric & Lizzie and every other innocent human being whose lives were stolen by sub-human predators and sickos should just do it, IMO. I was glad when Christopher Dorner chose to shoot it out rather than be captured, but I deeply regret that he took a last officer with him. JMO

That poor old man that Steve Stephens killed didn't deserve to die either. It always amazes me when victims families are so forgiving of the killer like his. Sorry OT back to sleuthing..

IIRC, LE said the SW was issued in part due to tips; I'm totally stumped who would have a murder tip legit enough to have a judge sign the SW.

And what could that tip possibly be? No one has had any more info than what LE told the public... so did it come from someone (anonymous) who was involved with the murders?

How about the square barn on the Mears farm, just across the road from RL's property? RL reportedly kept his vehicle "across the road," though we don't know whether it was just across the road or perhaps in a barn across the road. In the TV 13 WTHR video of the March 17 search, at 1:05 on the left side of the screen behind the reporter, I believe we see the Mears barn and silos. At 1:30 we see an officer with a dog apparently searching the southeast corner of that same barn. So if I'm right, the March 17 search was not confined to RL's property. Indeed, I believe the title shot of the 13 WTHR video shows the Mears barn, not RL's:

[video=youtube;I_B9tdkBKa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B9tdkBKa8[/video]

Good call! Yes they were also searching across the road. They would have had to get a different SW for that, right?

I forgot to say that they would more than likely serve it to him in jail since he isnt at the property. I agree about the red herring possibility. LE always knows more than they can say to the public. They likely just wanted to make sure they didn't miss anything that could be important in court later. Jmo

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

Watch at the 25 second mark the white Ford parked on the left and its grille and rear view mirrors. At about 1:10 you can watch the Ford truck on the flatbed that was seized. Is that the same Ford vehicle at 25 seconds in that piece? If so, it shows where it was parked.

IIRC, LE said the SW was issued in part due to tips; I'm totally stumped who would have a murder tip legit enough to have a judge sign the SW.

And what could that tip possibly be? No one has had any more info than what LE told the public... so did it come from someone (anonymous) who was involved with the murders?

I found it interesting that it happened 5 weeks after their initial search of part of his property when the girls were found. IMHO, anyone could call in anon tips. LE doesn't always know what tips are fake or which ones are real.

RL was already under the microscope, so what a perfect time for someone to add more fuel to the fire. A good diversion tactic some would say.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/17/authorities-serve-search-warrant-in-connection-with-delphi-murder-case/

Watch at the 25 second mark the white Ford parked on the left and its grille and rear view mirrors. At about 1:10 you can watch the Ford truck on the flatbed that was seized. Is that the same Ford vehicle at 25 seconds in that piece? If so, it shows where it was parked.

No that is an official van there with the search party. RL'S Ford can be seen in the news video from 3/10 parked next to the grain bin (which I have learned is not a silo). And it was stated in a court documents one of the probation violations was that he could not have access to a vehicle and he had the pickup parked across the street from his residence.
Can't find the link just now.

Good call! Yes they were also searching across the road. They would have had to get a different SW for that, right?

Yes, I'd think so. A search on one property wouldn't include neighboring properties, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member