KS - New principal quits $93,000/yr job when student journalists question credentials

The principal got their masters and doctorate from an online college! Geez, who would hire such a person? Yes, I am judging online degrees.

Many universities offer legitimate online graduate degrees. That's not the problem here. The problem is that this particular degree was from a university that was not accredited by the The US Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Corllins University is accredited by the Global Accreditation Bureau (GAB), which is a fake accreditation agency.

https://www.geteducated.com/college-degree-mills/204-fake-agencies-for-college-accreditation

Nah, you can't take an online degree seriously.

Many universities offer legitimate online graduate degrees. That's not the problem here. The problem is that this particular degree was from a university that was not accredited by the The US Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Corllins University is accredited by the Global Accreditation Bureau (GAB), which is a fake accreditation agency.

https://www.geteducated.com/college-degree-mills/204-fake-agencies-for-college-accreditation

The principal got their masters and doctorate from an online college! Geez, who would hire such a person? Yes, I am judging online degrees.

Welcome to the 21st century- almost every major university now offers online degrees.

There are completely online universities such as WGU- which is fully accredited by every relevant accrediting agency for its nursing, education, IT and business degrees. www.wgu.edu

The problem is with unaccredited degrees/ diploma mills- not with the online format.

Welcome to the 21st century- almost every major university now offers online degrees.

There are completely online universities such as WGU- which is fully accredited by every relevant accrediting agency for its nursing, education, IT and business degrees. www.wgu.edu

The problem is with unaccredited degrees/ diploma mills- not with the online format.

Stanford Online High School is considered one of the best, if not the best, private high school in the Bay Area. I was surprised when I first heard about it a few years ago.

https://ohs.stanford.edu/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/education/stanfords-online-high-school-raises-the-bar.html

In June, about 30 seniors will graduate from a little-known online high school currently called the Education Program for Gifted Youth. But their diplomas will bear a different name: Stanford Online High School.

Yes, that Stanford — the elite research university known for producing graduates who win Nobels and found Googles, not for teaching basic algebra to teenagers. Five years after the opening of the experimental program, some education experts consider Stanford’s decision to attach its name to the effort a milestone for online education.

snip

As the line between virtual and classroom-based learning continues to blur, some see Stanford’s move as a sign that so, too, will the line between secondary and higher education. Several other universities — though none with the pedigree of Stanford — already operate online high schools, a development that has raised some questions about expertise and motives.

Fifteen years ago, of my kids did completed her Ontario high school diploma online while she was a highschool exchange student living in New Zealand. It's been available in Canada for quite a long time.

It's precisely because there are many legitimate online programs available, that some people are failing to understand the difference between an accredited program and one which is not. But in the case we are discussing here, it's clearly not difficult to learn the difference. It didn't take the students long to figure it out.

Huffington Post invites Kansas student journalists to Correspondents' Dinner

screen_shot_2017-04-19_at_9.50.36_am_0.png

"The Huffington Post on Wednesday announced that six student journalists and a teacher from Pittsburg High School in Pittsburg, Kan., will be the organization's guests at this year's annual White House Correspondents Dinner."

Note: POTUS won't be there.

Lol.

I would have denied the allegations for a year while collecting my 90k.

Lol

Just kidding.

Good idea!

At least until the State of Kansas issued -- or denied -- her Administrator certification/license.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back