Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This commune (BBR) according to its website allows visitors for 2 days. They also discuss if the visitors can stay. Communes are different here where I live you can come and live on one and work strangers and all.

BUT I agree with you that IF something suspicious comes up people do get booted out.

I know they're all different. The one I was on was really private, and some are more open, but none of them just let people hide out. We had people from other communes visit ours sometimes and I talked to those people.

I just think people have a misconception about communes. The people who live there are good people. They are not going to help anyone they think is breaking the law (other than smoking weed). They also would be suspicious of two people like Cummins and ET, who are clearly not hippies! Also, people on communes watch the news and have access to the internet.

We had a little commune school, but all the parents who lived there had college degrees, so it was unacceptable that a child was not in school. Just having a school-age child "hanging around" during the school year would have not been tolerated. At my commune, at man could not have his 15 year old "daughter" out there, not in school, not even being home-schooled, without it causing a problem.

Ok thanks.

One thing to note...he was telling people she was 22.

When this goes to trial, it's not going to be easy. That privacy and dignity might not be there. The items that were purchased will be brought up by prosecution.

IMOO.

Hopefully he'll take a plea and avoid trial. If I were her father, I would want this over quickly and hopefully without her testifying.

Look, I get what you are saying. But, she was being hidden by a 50 year old man who was sexually grooming her. They were on the run. In the woods. Do you really think she was having a great time being theatrical with makeup and ky jelly? No.

Her honor does not have to be defended. A crime was committed. She should feel no shame. By denying the facts, we unintentionally hide things. We cast a shadow of shame. She did not lose honor. HE did. Period. I'm not suggesting we should talk and gossip about what's been perpetrated against her. But let's not shrink from the reality of this. He intended to assault her.

Good Post!

Here are his charges according to TBI :Cummins was taken into police custody and now faces a federal charge of transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of sexual contact in addition to state charges of having sexual contact with a minor and aggravated kidnapping.

I don't want to offend ET or anyone else, but I wonder if he was caught on video at Walmart buying condoms.
If he was seen buying condoms it would have been listed in the criminal complaint filed against him today. JMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I couldnt figure out why he didnt shave. But just now, when they showed his mugshot again, I noticed it looks like he might have a cleft lip. Did anyone else see that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know they're all different. The one I was on was really private, and some are more open, but none of them just let people hide out. We had people from other communes visit ours sometimes and I talked to those people.

I just think people have a misconception about communes. The people who live there are good people. They are not going to help anyone they think is breaking the law (other than smoking weed). They also would be suspicious of two people like Cummins and ET, who are clearly not hippies! Also, people on communes watch the news and have access to the internet.

I don't think theres many misconceptions of these communities, pretty much friendly, kind and earthy people that are accepting.

They will help anyone anytime UNLESS they learn that something is wrong. People lie all the time and get away with it.

Also 1 of my friends looks pretty clean shaven, short hair and you would never know he was living in a commune, his wife on the other hand totally rocking the bohemian look:).

I think again we are not disagreeing. Communes are full of "live and let live" people UNLESS they catch wind of something.

We are cool we are agreeing mostly:)

I couldnt figure out why he didnt shave. But just now, when they showed his mugshot again, I noticed it looks like he might have a cleft lip. Did anyone else see that?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, I did not notice it, until you mentioned it, and you might be right.

Ok thanks.

One thing to note...he was telling people she was 22.

Yeah I figured he was lying about her age. The former at-risk youth counselor who lives on my commune would have seen through that immediately though.

Note to fugitives: a commune is just full of people who will heavily scrutinize you. They are full of gossips, but not just any old gossips. Oh no, these are the gossips who will "analyze" you. People will get together and discuss you and whether you are a good fit or not. They will strip your character raw and pick it apart.

This is why I think it is hilarious when people on websleuths think a commune is a good place to lay low. Nope, it is the exact opposite.

Taylor Patterson on HLN a few minutes ago - apparently, she believes TC was trying to protect Elizabeth. Ugh. What is wrong with these people?!

These statements that subtly support this man are absolutely ridiculous. He is an adult and was a teacher. If he felt that she needed help he had numerous other avenues that he could have pursued.

I don't think theres many misconceptions of these communities, pretty much friendly, kind and earthy people that are accepting.

They will help anyone anytime UNLESS they learn that something is wrong. People lie all the time and get away with it.

Also 1 of my friends looks pretty clean shaven, short hair and you would never know he was living in a commune, his wife on the other hand totally rocking the bohemian look:).

I think again we are not disagreeing. Communes are full of "live and let live" people UNLESS they catch wind of something.

We are cool we are agreeing mostly:)

It is not really the style. You can just tell who is "comfortable" on a commune and who isn't, and those two would never look like they were comfortable there. You know what I mean. Most of the people on the commune now actually look pretty normal, but they are still old hippies and they are still fine living on a commune. The place I lived was not nudist, but if someone felt like they "needed to be naked" for a few days and walk around like that, then that would have been fine with everyone. We can spot the people who would not be okay with that when they show up, and Cummins and ET would have totally given us that vibe.

TC became verbally judgemental of the lifestyle of the commune members and was asked to leave. Ha ha, wow.

So true! Those people were so cruel. They picked apart every single thing they could, from her nails to how she dressed. They were even attacking a young lady from New Hampshire who was kidnapped. These were grown adults. It was shocking. People like that are straight up bullies!

So glad to hear ET has been found. I really didn't know what to think, where they went. I am just glad they got him and ET can be with her family!

It's how people distance themselves and feel that they can protect themselves from the same thing happening to them. Literally overheard someone blame a nun who was stabbed to death for being too kind to strangers. Roll my eyes, pat their hand and remind them but for the grace of God. I get it, but it feels so inhumane when you see it. My guess is people are going to be shocked when they read what really happened and they'll all realize both families were victimized and offer them all support. Small town, southern hospitality, I'm going to guess both families are going to have lots of protection from outsiders. TC is going to be completely shunned and never spoken of.

I don't want to offend ET or anyone else, but I wonder if he was caught on video at Walmart buying condoms.

I hope he WAS, as the docs seemingly affirm that there WAS sexual assault. :(

If he made this child pregnant on top of the other horrors he subjected her to, then my head may just implode.

It is not good to feel this much hatred. I apologize but GAH!

TC became verbally judgemental of the lifestyle of the commune members and was asked to leave. Ha ha, wow.

That guy is not a good fit on a commune. I am sure he is a guy who likes being in control and who "knows the best way to do things". That kind of guy will be removed by the other men ASAP. Men on communes are still men, and they won't let a chest-beating, wannabe Alpha in their midst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member