Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the affidavit it says that TC falsified information for the loan. Could there be charges with that as well?

I'm happy to see she was found and him arrested. I was hoping for that outcome, but not expecting that.

Some things in the criminal complaint really bother me and it isn't the products he's buying. It is the timeline.

So JC reported him missing on the morning of March 14th. From March 15th to the 17th he stays at hotel's in OK and even gives real names, driver's license with a photo and an actual phone number.

They should've been able to catch him then and there or soon there after. It shouldn't take until March 29th and only because a hotel employee heard the story and did a search (props to that person BTW). I guess they were tracking his credit cards and he didn't use them, but when an Amber Alert goes out, somehow these other things, name, driver's license, and phone number should all come up. Maybe hotels need to be better linked in some way. I don't know the answer, but using all real info and it not being noticed because he didn't use a credit card is a real flaw in the system.

Thank goodness Elizabeth is safe and sound.

After reading all of the news articles and the criminal complaint, it's clear that Tad evaded arrest for this long only because of a head start and not because he was clever.

I was shocked to learn that he had used his real identity to book rooms in Super 8 Motels in Oklahoma City and Guymon, OK from reading the criminal charges.

Who does he think he is kidding?
He must really think he s getting a slap on the wrist and returning home to his wife!

This JUST STARTED TAD,
it's FAR from over. Now it's your turn to see what it's like to be forced to do things you don't want to by someone with "authority"!
The tables have turned!

I bet he's going to throw ET under the bus blame her, its all her fault in order to get sympathy from his wife, family and friends.

What a monster. I'm sure he's been practicing, playing this scenario out in this head the whole time.

I'm happy to see she was found and him arrested. I was hoping for that outcome, but not expecting that.

Some things in the criminal complaint really bother me and it isn't the products he's buying. It is the timeline.

So JC reported him missing on the morning of March 14th. From March 15th to the 17th he stays at hotel's in OK and even gives real names, driver's license with a photo and an actual phone number.

They should've been able to catch him then and there or soon there after. It shouldn't take until March 29th and only because a hotel employee heard the story and did a such (props to that person BTW). I guess they were tracking his credit cards and he didn't use them, but when an Amber Alert goes out, somehow these other things, name, driver's license, and phone number should all come up. Maybe hotels need to be better linked in some way. I don't know the answer, but using all real info and it not being noticed because he didn't use a credit card is a real flaw in the system.

Thank you! I was just posting that!

He used his real ID at 2 Super 8 motels in OK. I remember that we were discussing if he could pay cash to stay in a motel way back when.

I was shocked to learn that he had used his real identity to book rooms in Super 8 Motels in Oklahoma City and Guymon, OK from reading the criminal charges.

I just posted that thing. It bothers me that he wasn't caught way back then using real info.

OMG OMG OMG YES! I am so happy to see this update! Must catch up now.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I just posted that thing. It bothers me that he wasn't caught way back then using real info.

He really did not have a well detailed plan. We have all talked and talked about how much he had (or had not) planned. If he had planned well, he would not have used his name & ID @ a hotel!

So very happy ET has been found. Praying for her recovering to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I still want to know where he was between 3/17 and early this week. That's a full four weeks and they were found at least 4 states away from where they were last spotted.

Were they seen and not caught because they were on the move?
Where did they stay in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, and who knows where else? Oregon? Idaho? Maybe Kansas?

He really did not have a well detailed plan. We have all talked and talked about how much he had (or had not) planned. If he had planned well, he would not have used his name & ID @ a hotel!

So very happy ET has been found. Praying for her recovering to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just yesterday we were talking about how Oklahoma could have been a diversion.

It wasn't.

They really were headed west, like Elizabeth allegedly told her friend.

In the affidavit it says that TC falsified information for the loan. Could there be charges with that as well?

That's a good question. I would think that some statute was broken by TC for falsifying information to obtain the loan.

On the morning of March 14, 2017, at approximately 7:30 a.m., Cummins' wife
contacted MCSD and informed an MCSD Captain that Cummins did not come home the
previous night and had left a note for her. She also advised that Cummins had taken out a
loan the previous week of approximately $4500. Cummins' wife advised that Cummins
had purportedly done this to meet their financial needs during his suspension from work
without pay. She reported that the money was missing, along with two handguns,
clothes, and toiletry items. Subsequent investigation revealed that Cummins had falsified
information on the application to obtain the loan.

https://localtvwhnt.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/cummins-complaint-1.pdf

The fact that he had stolen license plates and two loaded guns is scary to me.Started lying about their names.Thank god she was located.What would have come next a robbery? TC was becoming desperate.IMO

I agree. I also think that she didn't have the full details of what really happened then. Things might be changing when slapped with the reality of him not being the upstanding guy she thought he was. Before today? She could almost pretend ET and TC weren't in a relationship that he was just protecting her. After today? The evidence is pretty much out there now for all to see.

She's got 31yrs invested in her marriage with TC including grand babies. He's been her life all those years and all she has known. Southern women that age are taught to stand be their men. Take the good with the bad. I'm from Tenn and around her age and had this kind of upbringing. In every interview I watched of JC I wasn't convinced she would truly divorce him but would eventually welcome him back.

His family is all he has and he will manipulate his way back into it. He will have her believing it wasn't his fault and he's so sorry. I'm 99.9% positive she will support and standby him like Dottie Sandusky. She reminds me so much of her. Too nice, gentle, loving and probably very gullible. Sadly, he probably knew in the end she would forgive and take him back. She would always be there. [emoji19]

I had a feeling he had some plans, but he didn't strike me as a guy that planned things very well and clearly he didn't. I'm really surprised they weren't caught between OK and now. I bet they had some close calls.

And I still want to know where he was between 3/17 and early this week. That's a full four weeks and they were found at least 4 states away from where they were last spotted.

Were they seen and not caught because they were on the move?
Where did they stay in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, and who knows where else? Oregon? Idaho? Maybe Kansas?

I am thinking they were traveling most of that time. There was absolutely no reason for them to go to Guymon OK - they had to just be wondering through. In Guymon is HWY 54 is there, which leads to Texas, and then little jog to I-40 again.

I think they would take the 'round about' way to the next stop, then spend the night for a time or two, then move along.With then having stolen Co. plates, I wonder if they didn't spend the night there. Darkness would be a great cover to steal plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member