Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

I think a few people may owe apologies to LL for all the abuse heaped upon her, while she defended the sisters.

No offense, but I think I prefer to wait until a full and competent investigation of this case has been conducted, open to public review. There are still too many contradictory statements, missing evidence, falsehoods, conflicts of interest, etc. to make a final judgment about what actually happened.

But thanks for your input!

I think a few people may owe apologies to LL for all the abuse heaped upon her, while she defended the sisters.

You must've missed all the ugliness she directs toward the murdered woman and her family. Truly stunning and offensive. The sisters don't need enemies with a "friend" like that, as her viciousness toward the Zahaus doesn't speak well for either DS or NR.

Dina has not been deposed because Greer never deposed her. Greer just sent out his first deposition requests in September, 2016.

The AG will not reopen the case. Rebecca committed suicide, just as SDSO concluded. Adam was not involved, except to try to save Rebecca by cutting her down like the 911 operator asked him to do.

This was, is, and has been only about money.

Adam will be found innocent. All the evidence shows Rebecca and only Rebecca was responsible for her death. As I have said many times, Jonah told her it was over in that phone call and she took her life in an angry and vengeful manner.

IMO

Sure nuf (sarcasm). And Jonah's a saint too. Gotcha.

And one has to wonder why. Is it because she can no longer be sued?
But....what if the AG DOES decide to investigate? Which could possibly result in her being charged as an accessory?
It seems she now "feels free" to say whatever she wants.....could she end up saying things that might later incriminate her? hmmmm

ETA Could all this be a ploy by Greer? Getting a lot of press now, instead of all the behind the scenes activity.

I believe she is finally going after Jonah in a sleight of hand manner. Both for the death of her son as well as the death of Rebecca. And IMO Adam was Jonah's tool.

I have the same questions everyone else does about why SDSO didn't release this info until very recently.

Also ...

Just looked at the images from the Rady video *Lash* posted above ...

• 4 images out of 9 - so there are 5 more of DS @ Rady?
  • July 12th DS enters hospital lobby at 4:25pm
  • DS appears to leave again at about 6:00pm
  • Sometime between 6:00pm and 11:30pm DS apparently returned
  • DS seen walking through lobby (toward main doors) at about 11:30pm
  • July 13th DS re-enters hospital lobby at 2:00am
If she left Rady at 11:30pm on the 12th and returned 2.5 hours later, where was she?

Why would the Zahaus agree to do a joint presser with the sisters? Hopefully they got what they needed from DS and NR, and this isn't a condition demanded by DS.

I agree. The critical time period is 11:30pm Tues night when Dina appears to be walking towards lobby door to exit the hospital through 2am when Dina appears to enter the hospital lobby sliding doors.

If there are no other video images capturing Dina in that time period, I still believe she drove over to Spreckels mansion in a hurry to confront and murder Rebecca.

Otherwise where did she disappear to for two and a half hours? Eyewitness said he saw Dina with a large black bag. I surmise she had the murder weapons -- rope, knives, etc. -- ready to be used in the bag.

A premeditated murderer would have known to change their clothing before entering the place where they would commit murder. Dina would have known full well the hospital surveillance cameras would capture her leaving/entering the hospital and her attire would be easily known. Hence she likely changed to wear other clothes while inside her car. After the murder, she changed back to the clothes she had on at hospital. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

I still believe Dina premeditated the murder and executed her plan to murder Rebecca in vengeance for Rebecca "stealing" her ex-husband Jonah and for her only son Max being critically injured and left braindead in the accident while on Rebecca's watch.

Ms. Dina Romano has been wanting AND trying to decimate Jonah Shacknai for LEAVING her lying, cheating *advertiser censored*.

We all remember her screaming 'you CAN'T leave me!!!"

Also, we remember Rebecca saying "Dina is going to kill me"

So there we go folks.

Whatever bizarre crap is happening now doesn't change those two facts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I believe she is finally going after Jonah in a sleight of hand manner. Both for the death of her son as well as the death of Rebecca. And IMO Adam was Jonah's tool.

Agree as it pertains to Max, and perhaps RZ as well, since DS seems not to blame AS, but seems to believe both deaths need further investigation. So if not AS, who's left? DS alluded to JS being a liar in the presser with regard to what he told her about what caused Max's fall. She questioned who else might have been @ Spreckels when Max fell. Greer got in a few jabs at JS as well, and he and DS almost seemed chummy.

There are definitely some Twilight Zone aspects to all this.

The trauma-caused fog is lifting for Dina to see truth.
According to Dina's statements at the press conference and in the interview that followed:
1. Rebecca did NOT hurt Max
2. Rebecca did NOT commit suicide
3. Adam is innocent.
4. She has no idea who was in the house when Max fell.
IMO, Jonah knows what happened to Max and who killed Rebecca. He has done an excellent job of manipulation behind the scenes. To conquer, you must divide. The dust is finally settling. I hope Dina unites with the Zahau family. Separate, they find nothing, together they will find answers and perhaps marvel at all the wasted time spent pointing fingers at each other. Rebecca didn't hurt Max, Dina & Nina didn't murder Rebecca.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/investig...a-Zahau-Wrongful-Death-Lawsuit-419992733.html

Sisters dropped from Zahau wrongful death lawsuit

Posted: Apr 20, 2017

Snip-

"I don't think they ever intentionally set out to say, 'we're going to go after them and ruin their lives.' No, who would do that?" said Nina Romano. "They lost a daughter so it they're in mourning, they're in grief as well. So in a weird way it's like, I don't take it personal because I don't think it was personal. They were desperate for answers. They did this to get those answers."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/35198796/sisters-dropped-from-zahau-wrongful-death-lawsuit

*Thoughts* - Nina Romano's statement above goes directly against what some posters have claimed on this very forum concerning the Zahau's motive for filing the WDS. Some have shouted the WDS is all about greed and money. From this statement it appears Nina does not agree. I appreciate Nina making this statement and not disparaging the Zahau family. That is RESPECT! Nina seemingly understands the Zahau's want answers, just as they want answers.

Exclusive: Dina Shacknai Doesn't Think Rebecca Zahau Committed Suicide

Published at 12:09 PM PDT on Apr 20, 2017

In an exclusive interview with Dina Shacknai, she agrees that Rebecca Zahau's family should be asking questions regarding to the 2011 death that was ruled a suicide by investigators.

(see video at link)

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/DINAClip2_San-Diego-419993313.html

I'm (temporarily) at a loss for words at this information. After years of making the most horrible accusations against RZ, she suddenly does an about-face. Can't wait to see what happens next. :waitasec:

ETA: She says that "after viewing photos of RZ in evidence" she understands why RZ's family doesn't think it was suicide. She also says she doesn't think it was Adam, either. So who does she think it was? Is she trying to throw Jonah under the bus? Very unusual. I'm not sure I believe her, but she's entitled to her opinion.

I'm (temporarily) at a loss for words at this information. After years of making the most horrible accusations against RZ, she suddenly does an about-face. Can't wait to see what happens next. :waitasec:

ETA: She says that "after viewing photos of RZ in evidence" she understands why RZ's family doesn't think it was suicide. She also says she doesn't think it was Adam, either. So who does she think it was? Is she trying to throw Jonah under the bus? Very unusual. I'm not sure I believe her, but she's entitled to her opinion.

I agree Betty P. I am not sure what to believe. I am skeptical about everything associated with this case. I truly hope they're innocent. I am absolutely beyond understanding all of it. Except for the strong feeling all the parties have a focus on Jonah. Maybe there were a few things Dina learned during this WDS process that has completely changed her mind? Live and learn?

You bring up the horrible things that have been spewed about RZ and the Zahau family, imo especially from LHK. The forum Dina used to share info with her medical expert. As well, Maxie's House follows the LHK Twitter account (WiggyWiggington). Does it all just go away now, all the name calling and attacking? I truly don't know what to make of all of it.

Ms. Dina Romano has been wanting AND trying to decimate Jonah Shacknai for LEAVING her lying, cheating *advertiser censored*.

We all remember her screaming 'you CAN'T leave me!!!"

Also, we remember Rebecca saying "Dina is going to kill me"

So there we go folks.

Whatever bizarre crap is happening now doesn't change those two facts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

To me, both things taken into context make perfect sense. I dont know or care if she cheated on Jonah, as I'm sure he cheated on her as that is how he is, no woman was enough for him..Not even Rebecca. I think people in relationships say stuff like you can't leave me etc..It's pretty normal. Also saying someone is going to kill you because their son is deathly injured is probably a normal thing. I've heard people say someone is going to kill them over a broken object, wrecking a car, numerous things. So I find nothing weird about either of those statements nor does it imply that anyone did anything nefarious. But some will continue to hate Dina because obviously they have nothing good in their life and want to continue the hate. I personally have felt sorry for Dina as she did lose her son under bizarre circumstances. Of course Rebecca's family doesnt want to accept a suicide any more than anyone believes Max had an accident. Why do you choose to only believe the police for Max's accident but not Rebecca's suicide? Seems quite biased IMO. Haters will hate

I have always maintained if anyone was suspect it was Jonah, follow the money, only rich people get away with murder. Also who repaints a door that a deceased love one wrote a message on ? Must not have loved her too much. Lots of other questions too, but that's if you dont believe the suicide theory. I also do not believe Adam did anything to Rebecca. JMO

Just watched the individual tv interviews of Dina. wow. Dina's a great actress. What a phony. She would win an oscar.

Can't believe she said she thought 'Max would walk out of the hospital'! What a liar. And that she was 'too focused on max' to react to rebecca, 'not out of disrespect or lack of sympathy'. wow. after stalking, harassing and assaulting rebecca for years before rebecca was murdered and post-murder. Dina's animosity and incensed hatred of Rebecca led her to lash out at Rebecca and her younger sister Xena to the point where she paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to two so-called 'scientific experts' to claim and write up a 40 plus page report on how Rebecca and sis 'torpedoed Max off balcony'...

Now, suddenly Dina's all hunky dory towards Rebecca and her family? I don't believe a single word that rolls out of her oily mouth.

Again, where was Dina between Tues 11:30pm to Wed 2am? The eyewitness said he saw Dina at the spreckels mansion around midnight. That's not wrong and screams were heard around same time.

I'm wondering if the times on the hospital tapes were edited because why would Sheriff Gore not use those video surveillance tapes to vindicate Dina at the presser and instead mention as an afterthought that they 'triangulated' her whereabouts using her 'cellphone pings'? Doesn't make sense...unless someone tampered with the video evidence.

The simplest, if infuriating answer to why Jonah was believed (by LE) beyond any doubt and handled with the softest of kid gloves is that he's got a lot of money, which gives him a lot of power, and he has lots of powerful, influential connections who were working behind the scenes on his behalf before poor little Max hit the ground, or anything else in this nightmare occurred.

I got all the way to my mid-50's not really fully understanding or believing how this kind of thing works for the rich and powerful, but the scales have definitely fallen from my eyes since Rebecca's murder.

I agree Betty P. I am not sure what to believe. I am skeptical about everything associated with this case. I truly hope they're innocent. I am absolutely beyond understanding all of it. Except for the strong feeling all the parties have a focus on Jonah. Maybe there were a few things Dina learned during this WDS process that has completely changed her mind? Live and learn?

You bring up the horrible things that have been spewed about RZ and the Zahau family, imo especially from LHK. The forum Dina used to share info with her medical expert. As well, Maxie's House follows the LHK Twitter account (WiggyWiggington). Does it all just go away now, all the name calling and attacking? I truly don't know what to make of all of it.

Given Dina's flip-flop, I'm also really struggling with the way Rebecca was savaged online by her (Dina's) supporters. Doesn't pass the smell test.

In any event, for whatever reason, she has refocused her suspicions and anger in the direction of her ex-husband, that much seems clear.

Max's manner of death may end up being more of a mystery than Rebecca's before all this shakes out, if it ever does.

I find the victim blaming that is happening - even after Dina and Nina have been exonerated by the Zahaus and given an public apology - to be very disheartening. These women lost a precious child. A son. A nephew. Only 6 years old.

I have believed from the very beginning that they were not involved in any way, because I have looked at the facts of this case, not the rumors. They never should have been taken to court.

it now looks like many are back to blaming Jonah. He and his money were not involved, nor was Adam. Rebecca's death was a suicide. That is what the physical evidence proves. Jonah told Rebecca it was over and she killed herself in an angry, vindictive manner. There is no evidence whatsoever that says anyone other than Rebecca was in the room.

The accusations against Adam are ludicrous. There is no way someone not familiar with that house could find all of the items used, and do the things they say he did without leaving a trace. It is obvious the room was not "wiped" down. There was no clean up attempt made. The ropes were loose, the end was still in Rebecca's "death grip", proving she was alive when she went over the balcony.

The Defense will push to have jury members that have a college education that can understand how DNA and fingerprints work. Greer doesn't stand a chance and I believe he knows that. I think this is an effort to get Jonah to settle for his brother. That will never happen.

I also don't buy that Nina doesn't believe this case was filed to make money. It is a Civil Case for money, and the Zahaus just took $100,000.00 from her insurance company. If it was not about money, they would give that money back to Nina. Greer's hem-hawing of why they are keeping it just doesn't add up. If it were for justice and not for money, they would have asked for $1, not over 14 Million.

With due respect, Dina never says in that article or video that she does not think that Rebecca committed suicide. That headline is a total misrepresentation of what she said. Bad journalism at its finest.

IMO

BBM below. Sure seems to me Dina is agreeing with Greer that RZ was killed. She just doesn't agree it was Adam who killed her. She also says she doesn't agree with the "pronouncements" of the various LE agencies, which as we all know, called Rebecca's death a suicide. Now, if that's not what she meant by what she said, she needs to have a doctor look at that parseltongue of hers and see if there's a cure.

Dina Shacknai: "In the very beginning of this I was so focused on my son, um, I quite frankly didn't even know, I didn't know what had happened to her, in fact, um, the DOJ agents are the ones who told me. That was a really shocking revelation. They told me while I was with Susan Budinger(sp?). I had heard something else from his father. So that was shocking. Um, I didn't ... I wasn't as focused, um, not for lack of respect or sadness or shock, but because Max was in the hospital. We hadn't even gotten any negative news, so when I heard it initially, my instinct was, 'I'm sorry, Jonah, but what happened? Why? Why would she do this,' you know, because we were under the impression Max would walk out of that hospital. So when we were sued, that's when we were able to obtain the records, not until then.

"When I reviewed them, and I saw those photographs, I can't say I disagree with Mr. Greer. And my heart goes out to their family, because if I were their family, I would want those answers, also. As I've said before, those pictures, uh, it's really hard to, uh, confirm, or agree with the pronouncements made by the various agencies. I would say Keith Greer and I have one area of disagreement. I don't believe in the way he's continuing to litigate this case. That's something I'd like to make really clear. Meaning, uh, pursuing Adam. I just, um, I don't believe that that's the way ... that he's the person responsible for Rebecca's death. I don't believe that."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/DINAClip2_San-Diego-419993313.html

I actually listened to the video again because LL2 claims DS never said RZ didn't commit suicide and called the headline "bad journalism." Nope, actually the headline is quite accurate as to what Dina indicated in her responses.

But in re-listening to the thing, I realized DS is all over the map with regard to when she heard about Rebecca, and what she heard about her death. She heard something from Jonah that was different from what she heard at some point later from the "DOJ agents," but she didn't get the real scoop until much later than that when she was sued and was able to obtain the case files.

My guess is there's a reason for the new-and-improved Dina. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes we're not privy to.

:thinking:

ETA: Is Dina trying to distance herself from a possible motive for murdering RZ? She's adamant that they didn't know Max wouldn't be "walking out of that hospital" until RZ was already dead. She made that point repeatedly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back