Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

I have always maintained if anyone was suspect it was Jonah, follow the money, only rich people get away with murder. Also who repaints a door that a deceased love one wrote a message on ? Must not have loved her too much. Lots of other questions too, but that's if you dont believe the suicide theory. I also do not believe Adam did anything to Rebecca. JMO

According to the clip below, the door was never returned and sits in the newly opened evidence room.

http://www.10news.com/news/evidence...s-death-of-rebecca-zahau-at-spreckels-mansion

BBM below. Sure seems to me Dina is agreeing with Greer that RZ was killed. She just doesn't agree it was Adam who killed her. She also says she doesn't agree with the "pronouncements" of the various LE agencies, which as we all know, called Rebecca's death a suicide. Now, if that's not what she meant by what she said, she needs to have a doctor look at that parseltongue of hers and see if there's a cure.

Dina Shacknai: "In the very beginning of this I was so focused on my son, um, I quite frankly didn't even know, I didn't know what had happened to her, in fact, um, the DOJ agents are the ones who told me. That was a really shocking revelation. They told me while I was with Susan Budinger(sp?). I had heard something else from his father. So that was shocking. Um, I didn't ... I wasn't as focused, um, not for lack of respect or sadness or shock, but because Max was in the hospital. We hadn't even gotten any negative news, so when I heard it initially, my instinct was, 'I'm sorry, Jonah, but what happened? Why? Why would she do this,' you know, because we were under the impression Max would walk out of that hospital. So when we were sued, that's when we were able to obtain the records, not until then.

"When I reviewed them, and I saw those photographs, I can't say I disagree with Mr. Greer. And my heart goes out to their family, because if I were their family, I would want those answers, also. As I've said before, those pictures, uh, it's really hard to, uh, confirm, or agree with the pronouncements made by the various agencies. I would say Keith Greer and I have one area of disagreement. I don't believe in the way he's continuing to litigate this case. That's something I'd like to make really clear. Meaning, uh, pursuing Adam. I just, um, I don't believe that that's the way ... that he's the person responsible for Rebecca's death. I don't believe that."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/DINAClip2_San-Diego-419993313.html

I actually listened to the video again because LL2 claims DS never said RZ didn't commit suicide and called the headline "bad journalism." Nope, actually the headline is quite accurate as to what Dina indicated in her responses.

But in re-listening to the thing, I realized DS is all over the map with regard to when she heard about Rebecca, and what she heard about her death. She heard something from Jonah that was different from what she heard at some point later from the "DOJ agents," but she didn't get the real scoop until much later than that when she was sued and was able to obtain the case files.

My guess is there's a reason for the new-and-improved Dina. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes we're not privy to.

:thinking:

Agree. I'm puzzled by her saying Jonah told her Max had a heart attack. Never heard that before, not in news accounts, autopsy or investigative info. The part about the DOJ really doesn't make sense, though recall she used them as some kind of excuse about evidence early in the WDS. And if she doesn't think Adam is responsible for RZ's death, who does she think is?

Maybe it's best to not put much weight on her opinion. Let's see what else comes out, let's hope there will be a new investigation by LE.

The only connection Dina had to Rebecca was Jonah. Jonah provided misleading and confusing information to both Dina and the Zahau's and left both parties saying "nothing makes sense". Without straight forward answers from Jonah, the families had to wait for released documents to put pieces together like jigsaw puzzle. In the meantime, Jonah's been working on destroying and hiding evidence.

Agree. I'm puzzled by her saying Jonah told her Max had a heart attack. Never heard that before, not in news accounts, autopsy or investigative info. The part about the DOJ really doesn't make sense, though recall she used them as some kind of excuse about evidence early in the WDS. And if she doesn't think Adam is responsible for RZ's death, who does she think is?

Maybe it's best to not put much weight on her opinion. Let's see what else comes out, let's hope there will be a new investigation by LE.

Yes, had a heart attack and "tumbled" over the banister, per Dina, who says she heard it from Jonah. This is new info, though I do remember reading something at some point (maybe even on a forum or message board) about Max and a heart condition, but I don't think it was part of the case file, was it? And to my recollection the banister wouldn't be easy to tumble over even for an adult due to its height. I could see tumbling off the banister if he was on it, but over it? A six year old in the midst of a heart attack? Unlikely.

The only connection Dina had to Rebecca was Jonah. Jonah provided misleading and confusing information to both Dina and the Zahau's and left both parties saying "nothing makes sense". Without straight forward answers from Jonah, the families had to wait for released documents to put pieces together like jigsaw puzzle. In the meantime, Jonah's been working on destroying and hiding evidence.

I completely agree. Pfingst and Jonah on the scene so quickly always jumped out to me. Then, he quickly destroyed any evidence in the house (and even tried to sell it!). I'm confused by Dina's statement about what DOJ told her and what Jonah told her. It seems like he told her off the bat it was suicide? If that is the case...

Guys, I have been so gobsmacked from the start of this. This is one of the first cases that I've followed from the HM to here and beyond. WTH is going on???

WTF, if they had DS on video, WHY did SDSO not state that? Why is there ONE disk in their archives that is listed as "non-compatible" or whatever???? This whole thing is so slimy and so awful and has been so icky from the get go.

I get it that Greer apologized to DS and NR, I have always felt sympathy for them, for the loss of MS. My God, who wouldn't? Let's all be really clear about the things that have happened since. There has been a horrible campaign to malign not only Rebecca, but her family. Specifically her sister ML and horribly, her minor sister.

So should all of us, who have stood by this family for nearly six years suddenly say, "sorry dudes, we didn't know".

Truth. We still don't know. Things are even hinkyer now. There is a long video out there, I couldn't find it if I tried, but it was taken by some random docu dude at the Coronado City meeting when DS made her plea for them to open MS' case. That video broke my heart. I watched this woman, this poor mother outside of the media campaign that she orchestrated (at the airport FFS?!) and it was so raw and so honest. I'd never seen her like that. I'd seen the angry mom and the woman posing in front of a dressing room door.

The thing that has never changed my mind is that NO ONE has ever put a stop to that wiggy weirdo posts on the kitty litter site. That DS used that site as a REFERENCE for her expert opinions. That those opinions have now changed. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that suddenly, because the lawsuit is over for the two R sisters, everything is hunky dory. Lots of things have been said about DS, but it doesn't hold a candle to the vitriol that has been spewed against RZ, may she rest in peace, and her family...including a minor sister and brother.

That has been the thing that has always keep my hinky meter up, who, in all the world, could hate a dead woman so much to spew so much awful crap? If it wasn't DS/NR, who was the troll?

ALWAYS MOO

Yes, had a heart attack and "tumbled" over the banister, per Dina, who says she heard it from Jonah. This is new info, though I do remember reading something at some point (maybe even on a forum or message board) about Max and a heart condition, but I don't think it was part of the case file, was it? And to my recollection the banister wouldn't be easy to tumble over even for an adult due to its height. I could see tumbling off the banister if he was on it, but over it? A six year old in the midst of a heart attack? Unlikely.

The "He had a heart attack and tumbled down the stairs" story, the "I left a voicemail on Rebecca's cell phone but now it's lost" story.... Both stories are lies and end up with someone dead.

I completely agree. Pfingst and Jonah on the scene so quickly always jumped out to me. Then, he quickly destroyed any evidence in the house (and even tried to sell it!). I'm confused by Dina's statement about what DOJ told her and what Jonah told her. It seems like he told her off the bat it was suicide? If that is the case...
1. Jonah told Dina Max had a heart attack and fell down the stairs. (lie)
2. Jonah claimed to leave a voicemail saying Max had taken a turn for the worst (even though Dina states she thought Max would recover and Mary Zahau said Rebecca thought that as well). (lie)
3. Jonah told Dina that Rebecca committed suicide. (lie)

Hi inthedark14 :wave:

I believe this is the interview you're looking for, the day Dina addressed the Coronado City Council. This is the same interview where Dina stated she doesn't even know "who" was at the house the morning of Maxie's fatal fall.

Published on Sep 19, 2012

Coronado Mansion Deaths Homicide, Accident or Suicide? Dina Shacknai, mother of Maxie to appear on Dr. Phil. Returns to Coronado to address City Council - wants case reopened. Newsreel by Tony Perri, Surf's Up Studios, Coronado, CA

[video=YouTube;139DK-MsmBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139DK-MsmBM[/video]

Guys, I have been so gobsmacked from the start of this. This is one of the first cases that I've followed from the HM to here and beyond. WTH is going on???

WTF, if they had DS on video, WHY did SDSO not state that? Why is there ONE disk in their archives that is listed as "non-compatible" or whatever???? This whole thing is so slimy and so awful and has been so icky from the get go.

I get it that Greer apologized to DS and NR, I have always felt sympathy for them, for the loss of MS. My God, who wouldn't? Let's all be really clear about the things that have happened since. There has been a horrible campaign to malign not only Rebecca, but her family. Specifically her sister ML and horribly, her minor sister.

So should all of us, who have stood by this family for nearly six years suddenly say, "sorry dudes, we didn't know".

Truth. We still don't know. Things are even hinkyer now. There is a long video out there, I couldn't find it if I tried, but it was taken by some random docu dude at the Coronado City meeting when DS made her plea for them to open MS' case. That video broke my heart. I watched this woman, this poor mother outside of the media campaign that she orchestrated (at the airport FFS?!) and it was so raw and so honest. I'd never seen her like that. I'd seen the angry mom and the woman posing in front of a dressing room door.

The thing that has never changed my mind is that NO ONE has ever put a stop to that wiggy weirdo posts on the kitty litter site. That DS used that site as a REFERENCE for her expert opinions. That those opinions have now changed. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that suddenly, because the lawsuit is over for the two R sisters, everything is hunky dory. Lots of things have been said about DS, but it doesn't hold a candle to the vitriol that has been spewed against RZ, may she rest in peace, and her family...including a minor sister and brother.

That has been the thing that has always keep my hinky meter up, who, in all the world, could hate a dead woman so much to spew so much awful crap? If it wasn't DS/NR, who was the troll?

ALWAYS MOO

Thank you for this excellent post! This is exactly what I am feeling at this time.

:goodpost:

ETA - The Wiggy LHK Twitter account has only ONE follower, Maxie's House. Which we know Dina created to honor Max. This Twitter account spews hate, calling the Zahau family pure evil, nasty, vile and extortionists. They even take it to the extreme bringing in the Zahau religion and claims the Zahau's are persecuting families of a dead boy. Again, is this now all null and void? I'm perplexed at the sudden turn from hate to compassion?

Raw video: Wrongful-death lawsuit against Dina Shacknai dropped, Zahaus' lawyer apologizes

Published on Apr 20, 2017

Lawyers for the family of a woman who was found naked, bound and gagged, hanging from the balcony of a Coronado Island, CA mansion in July 2011 apologized for filing a wrongful death suit against an Arizona woman named Dina Shacknai and said in no uncertain terms that she was not involved.

[video=YouTube;Rgn2pkIj98U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgn2pkIj98U[/video]

According to the clip below, the door was never returned and sits in the newly opened evidence room.

http://www.10news.com/news/evidence...s-death-of-rebecca-zahau-at-spreckels-mansion

Why has SDSO deemed this piece of evidence so important that they kept it, even though they ruled the death as a suicide?

Why has SDSO kept all the information about this evidence from the public?

Just a couple of the dozens of questions we all have about this case.

Hey, everyone, thanks for all the great comments summarizing this bizarre case and latest turn of events. I'll amend that to say bizarre cases, since the reasons/circumstances of poor Max's also remain in question.

I'll also add that some members of the news media know more about this case than the general public. I do recall very clearly some of the news stories that were initially reported about Max and RZ's deaths that were later scrubbed. It would be very interesting to see those stories again and hear how they originated and who stopped them. IIRC some of them had potentially important information and helped clarify activities and timelines. Some may have contained false information, or a spin on actual facts, but it would help to know their origin.

IIRC, these were the first cases I followed here from the beginning, the first where so much about them was handled very differently than LE's usual methods. Since then, there have been a few more of these. If you're looking to follow another extremely frustrating case, check out the murders of the Rhoden family in southern Ohio.

I have been torn for a long time on this case but always felt Dina and Nina were innocent. I mean they had just lost probably the most important little person in their whole lives. Sure they are upset, but he wasn't even dead yet when Rebecca was suicided. So I do think Lucky Lucy is right, I think it is quite possible that Rebecca was very very angry, I think Jonah broke it off with her in no uncertain terms and she was done. Even to the point that she wanted to make it look like someone else did it. I do think that is possible. If that is not what happened then I guess you will always wonder. But I do think Jonah found something that didnt mesh with Rebecca's story to him about what happened with Max, or he knew some detail was not correct and he decided to end it with her. JMO

^ for crying out loud. C'mon already.

Jonah knows EXACTLY what happened to Maxie AND who was involved.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Why has SDSO deemed this piece of evidence so important that they kept it, even though they ruled the death as a suicide?

Why has SDSO kept all the information about this evidence from the public?

Just a couple of the dozens of questions we all have about this case.

Hey, everyone, thanks for all the great comments summarizing this bizarre case and latest turn of events. I'll amend that to say bizarre cases, since the reasons/circumstances of poor Max's also remain in question.

I'll also add that some members of the news media know more about this case than the general public. I do recall very clearly some of the news stories that were initially reported about Max and RZ's deaths that were later scrubbed. It would be very interesting to see those stories again and hear how they originated and who stopped them. IIRC some of them had potentially important information and helped clarify activities and timelines. Some may have contained false information, or a spin on actual facts, but it would help to know their origin.

IIRC, these were the first cases I followed here from the beginning, the first where so much about them was handled very differently than LE's usual methods. Since then, there have been a few more of these. If you're looking to follow another extremely frustrating case, check out the murders of the Rhoden family in southern Ohio.

Well if the door was never repainted and re hung maybe I was wrong about Jonah, but then why was there an attorney at the house the morning after? Wasnt that Jonah's attorney? Just wondering.

^ for crying out loud. C'mon already.

Jonah knows EXACTLY what happened to Maxie AND who was involved.

Right, he knows what he was told by Rebecca and what Dr's told him. Unless he has ESP or psychic ability he doesn't know exactly what happened, he has to believe what he is told ..or not. If you weren't there then even you do not know for sure.

My apologies for my foggy memory on this, but does anyone else recall if Jonah's whereabouts on the morning of Max's fall were verified, either by video or eye witness accounts? Wasn't he supposedly at the gym?

Rebecca was the first one to say that Max had a heart attack and fell over the banister. That was the first of the many stories she told about what happened to Max. Remember Nina asking her about that? Jonah must have repeated that to Dina. Jonah and Dina would not have been told immediately about the bindings, and I am thinking that is what Dina is referring to when she speaks about the DOJ telling her.

Dina says that 'she doesn't disagree" with Greer, not that she agrees. I believe she believes Rebecca killed herself. After all, her first thought after being told was, "Why would she do that?". I do think she wants both cases reexamined so she can get answers about Max.

Supposedly he was at a nearby gym, first time ever he didn't have his cell with him.

Supposedly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam