Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

^ Jonah did have his cell phone with him at the gym. Rebecca called him and just held the phone up so he could hear the EMTs working on Max. She did not say a thing. I find that very odd.

Just as Dina was supposedly on the third floor nursing her sick self...With all her phones supposedly shut off.

Supposedly.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Oh Imp, no verification.

Oh, Imp, no verification of either parent's whereabouts.

Well if the door was never repainted and re hung maybe I was wrong about Jonah, but then why was there an attorney at the house the morning after? Wasnt that Jonah's attorney? Just wondering.

All we know about Pfingst is that he showed up at the mansion that morning. Jonah may have called him, or he may have just heard about it and gone over. Lawyers are like that.

We do know he called the police station twice while Adam was there voluntarily. Pfingst offered to come over and represent him, and Adam said no, twice.

Not something a 'murderer' would do. IMO.

Actually we know much more about former DA Paul Pfingst.

Paul Pfingst is accused of secreting evidence
A deputy district attorney suggests criminal behavior by former DA

By Eva Knott - October 2, 2013

Snip-

Paul Pfingst, a prominent criminal defense attorney and a former District Attorney for San Diego County, might face criminal investigation by California’s Attorney General, according to a prosecutor.

Deputy District Attorney Keith Watanabe made a number of allegations in papers he filed in San Diego’s North County Superior Courthouse, dated September 16, 2013.

“Days after the murder, Mr. Pfingst removed $27,000 to $30,000 in cash that was found in defendant’s ‘get-away’ bag, prior to seizure by police,” the prosecutor stated in a 32-page document. “The money Mr. Pfingst took is evidence relevant to this crime.”

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...ul-pfingst-is-accused-of-secreting-evidence/#

Ex-DA Pfingst accused of hiding evidence

Teri Figueroa - October 13, 2013

Snip-

County prosecutors are accusing former District Attorney Paul Pfingst of hiding evidence in a high-profile Carlsbad murder case.

They say Pfingst could have a conflict of interest so serious that a judge might decide to disallow him from representing his client, Julie Harper, who is accused of killing her husband, a Carlsbad High math teacher.

Pfingst said Thursday he will fight the allegations — which he called “ridiculous” — as well as any attempts to remove him from the case.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...murder-case-julie-harper-2013oct03-story.html

Questions remain after deaths of Coronado mansion owner's son, girlfriend

Associated Press writers Robert Jablon in Los Angeles and Amanda Lee Myers in Phoenix contributed to this report - Jul 13, 2011

Snip-

Wednesday evening, former District Attorney and current defense attorney Paul Pfingst showed up at the crime scene. Pfingst confirmed to News 8 that he had been hired to represent someone connected with this case, although he would not specify who his client is.

"I'm not Jonah's lawyer. I've never spoke with him. As far as I know he's not a suspect of any type," Pfingst said in a statement.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...ths-of-coronado-mansion-owners-son-girlfriend

Zahau wrongful death suit narrowed to her boyfriend's brother

Pauline Repard - April 20, 2017

Snip-BBM

Greer declined to ascribe a motive for killing Zahau, saying he would reserve that for trial, which is scheduled for February.

However, he said from certain evidence “it appears it was sexual in nature.”

The lawsuit alleges that after Adam Shacknai attacked Zahau, he killed her to keep her from reporting it.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-zehau-lawsuit-20170420-story.html

Lash, I appreciate you posting the articles about Paul Pfingst about the allegations against him by the prosecutors in the Harper case. However, it looks like they were just allegations, and we all know from this case how allegations can be made against anyone - whether true or not.

The Judge in the Harper case did not remove Pfingst from the case, so I am assuming she found the allegations to be untrue.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-julie-harper-sentenced-murder-2016jan15-story.html

As for the article stating someone had hired Pfingst, it may have been Medicis, or the media may have gotten that quote wrong - it would not be the first or last time.

We do know for certain that he did not advise Adam Shacknai.

Snip-BBM

Greer declined to ascribe a motive for killing Zahau, saying he would reserve that for trial, which is scheduled for February.

The lawsuit alleges that after Adam Shacknai attacked Zahau, he killed her to keep her from reporting it.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-zehau-lawsuit-20170420-story.html

Unbelievable. So now Greer is saying it was sexual, after spending 6 years saying it was because of Max? He is going to say Adam tried to rape Rebecca, then killed her to cover it up?

Wow. He has an uphill battle with that one.

None of the evidence suggests that and the jury is going to have a hard time believing someone could do that and leave no DNA. You can't wipe down all your DNA.

Then there is the little problem that all of the evidence proves Rebecca did it.

Adam has no criminal record at all, and seems to be a respected Captain for one of the best Tug companies out there. No Jury is going to buy that all of sudden, while his nephew is in the hospital with horrible injuries, Adam decided to rape his brother's girlfriend, and then go though that convoluted list of alleged actions to cover it up.

Greer had better hope for some really stupid jurors to sell that motive.

IMO

Snip-BBM

Interesting, This was the first thing that occurred to me when we heard a couple weeks ago that the sisters were being dropped from the WDS. It's conceivable, I suppose, that RZ's murder had nothing whatsoever to do with Max's situation, except that Max's situation put Adam at Spreckels alone with Rebecca.

I always found it odd that Adam told LE he was watching *advertiser censored* on his phone and doing what men do when they watch *advertiser censored*. Why in the world did he feel the need to share that?

If I recall correctly, there was evidence of some kind in the shower (hair? blood?), and Adam's lie detector results were "inconclusive."

Lash, in the video Dina mentions missing evidence from the evidence room. The lost chain link. This is a perfect example of how Dina changed her position on Rebecca over time. Too many unanswered questions (who was in the house), missing evidence (chain link)and misleading information (what she was told by Jonah). She is as confused as the rest of us.

I have the same questions everyone else does about why SDSO didn't release this info until very recently.

Also ...

Just looked at the images from the Rady video *Lash* posted above ...

• 4 images out of 9 - so there are 5 more of DS @ Rady?
  • July 12th DS enters hospital lobby at 4:25pm
  • DS appears to leave again at about 6:00pm
  • Sometime between 6:00pm and 11:30pm DS apparently returned
  • DS seen walking through lobby (toward main doors) at about 11:30pm
  • July 13th DS re-enters hospital lobby at 2:00am
If she left Rady at 11:30pm on the 12th and returned 2.5 hours later, where was she?

Why would the Zahaus agree to do a joint presser with the sisters? Hopefully they got what they needed from DS and NR, and this isn't a condition demanded by DS.

BBM Where did you get that there are 9 images of DS @ Rady?

I'm also wondering about the 2.5 hour gap between Tues night and Wed morning wherein DS could have driven to Spreckels, murdered Rebecca and then returned to hospital. Even though the eyewitness saw different clothing, it's not hard for someone to change clothes...

I'm also wondering about the 2.5 hour gap between Tues night and Wed morning wherein DS could have driven to Spreckels, murdered Rebecca and then returned to hospital. Even though the eyewitness saw different clothing, it's not hard for someone to change clothes...

If you go to Lash's post #867 on 4-20-2017, she embedded the 4 thumbnails. If you click on the first one, when it opens, you'll see 1 of 9 right below the image. Not sure it means anything - I just happened to notice it.

I'm no longer sure there's a gap - it could be they just printed a few stills from the video to make their point.

My problem at the moment is that if I don't believe Greer, then I have to assume he's in cahoots with the other side. I'm not ready to go there.

Hi Bourne :wave:

There are only 4. The web link has 9, but only 4 were still photos from Rady's. The others were older photos from the case.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/investig...knai-in-Death-of-Rebecca-Zahau-419896223.html

If you go to Lash's post #867 on 4-20-2017, she embedded the 4 thumbnails. If you click on the first one, when it opens, you'll see 1 of 9 right below the image. Not sure it means anything - I just happened to notice it.

I'm no longer sure there's a gap - it could be they just printed a few stills from the video to make their point.

My problem at the moment is that if I don't believe Greer, then I have to assume he's in cahoots with the other side. I'm not ready to go there.

Thanks. I also read Lash's post after yours. She said the other pics were old and not related to the hospital stills.

I'm inclined to believe there was a gap because during presser, Greer said Dina went "in and out" of the hospital multiple times. And the last two video still pics were given as 11:30pm Tues and 2am Wed. Why not give another 2-3 video stills showing 12midnite and 1am to make it ironclad that Dina could not have slipped out hospital for the 2.5 hours? The gap of 2.5 hours is LARGE. It only takes 20 mins (according to google maps, usual traffic) to drive from hospital to Spreckels mansion, and 20 mins back for a total of 40 mins. That would mean Dina could have assaulted and murdered Rebecca for about 2 hours at the spreckels mansion. That jives with how long an assault, Rebecca getting tied up, and torpedoed (using Dina's own words in her medical experts' reports about how Max had been "torpedoed") off the balcony.

Also the fact that at the Sheriff Gore presser in 2011, he had said Dina's alibi was made by cellphone triangulation. Why if Dina could be easily proven by physical video documenting Dina was at the hospital the whole night into morning would Gore use the ambiguous evidence of phone triangulation?

Funny you should mention Greer's possible collusion with Dina. Did you see how gleeful and deferential he was towards Dina? Did you notice that none of the Zahaus were present at this presser? Why not? Especially if Dina and Nina have 'reconciled' their differences against the Zahaus and believed Rebecca did not hurt Max and in fact, 'saved' Max according to Dina at the presser by 'doing CPR' 'within 10 minutes'...

I think Greer with Dina and Nina's damaging testimonies to Adam, are going after Adam/Jonah for millions. This is the 'negotiation' Greer made with Dina for dropping her from WDS.

IMO, there's no way Adam/Jonah would have painted the cryptic words "SHE SAVED HIM. CAN YOU SAVE HER". Those are words from a jealous, scorned woman, a taunt directed at Jonah. Nothing to indicate that Adam felt jealous of Rebecca's relationship with Max/Jonah, or that Jonah would feel the need to ruin his own bedroom door at the Spreckels mansion which we are told by an insider that he loved with bold, dark black paint to paint a taunt at himself even if to throw off his own scent...Plus Adam doesn't appear to be someone particularly adept at creative or dramatic arts. Such artistic endeavors were Dina's strengths. See the Phoenix Magazine articles about this fact.

We already know Jonah was excluded from the WDS by Greer/Zahaus, meaning there was videotape evidence at Rady/McDonald house of him being there the entire period when Rebecca was murdered. So that only leaves Adam. My informed opinion is that there is no way Dina was not involved in the murder of Rebecca.

Perhaps Adam helped Dina bind and toss her body over balcony. But Dina definitely was the mastermind behind the murder, and it was Dina who painted those cryptic words on the bedroom door herself. To me, the words chosen and the way they were written do not suggest they were painted by a man...

Lash, in the video Dina mentions missing evidence from the evidence room. The lost chain link. This is a perfect example of how Dina changed her position on Rebecca over time. Too many unanswered questions (who was in the house), missing evidence (chain link)and misleading information (what she was told by Jonah). She is as confused as the rest of us.

I don't believe Dina was confused at all. She premeditated and executed the crime of Rebecca's murder, almost to perfection. She likely enlisted Adam and her sister Nina's help.

Regardless, we see now that Dina got away with murder. But it's not the perfect crime. For those of us who are scientists, she made crucial errors due to her narcissistic psychopathology. For example, she painted a jealous, scornful message on the door directed at Jonah for his dumping her an old, less attractive woman for a much younger, prettier Rebecca. Another example, the long-drawn out, elaborate way she strung up Rebecca from a bed leg across a bedroom through the swinging balcony door and over a dusty balcony to hang Rebecca from a noose like a public hanging. What type of deranged person would do such a thing except someone high-strung on drama whose ego needs the constant stroking of social attention? Does that sound like Adam to anyone? Adam is a socially inept, awkward, towboat captain. He works nearly alone in the sea most of his adult life, away from people...Why would he purposefully bring attention to himself at the Spreckels mansion and concoct a convoluted detailed scheme to murder the gf of his brother? Particularly when he knew he had no alibi because he was staying at the mansion that night? In my opinion, if he wanted to murder Rebecca, he would have simply tied her to the balcony railing and thrown her over. No reason to drag the long colorful RED rope from a bed leg to the balcony. No. This premeditated murder had to be done by someone with intimate knowledge of the bedroom and where the furniture was laid out. It had to be Dina.

It was definitely not a suicide. No reason for Rebecca to kill herself, out of grief or shame for Max's accident whom Dina claimed at presser had 'saved Maxie', to kill herself since they 'were expecting Maxie to walk out of the hospital'. And certainly no reason for Rebecca to paint a jealous taunt at Jonah. Why would she need to if Maxie was going to survive and who would she be jealous of? Herself?

Jonah was in Max's room with Dina at Rady's until 1 am. As Greer has confirmed, she was not at the Mansion.

I agree with other posters who say it was a woman who wrote the message. It was angry and taunting. It was from Rebecca to Jonah because she had just listened to his message where he told her it was over between them.

IMO

Does anyone remember KZ had posted that Max's medical records on MONDAY showed that Max was declared "braindead" by doctors? In the presser, Nina's lawyer and Dina claimed that Jonah told Dina and Nina that Max "was fighting the breathing machine", meaning that Max was alive and not braindead. If that were the case, why would Rebecca suddenly feel so guilty and ashamed if Max was going to SURVIVE that she would suddenly take her own life?

The bizarre claim that Rebecca would then commit suicide when all indications point towards Max being alive, not being braindead and surviving makes ZERO sense.

In my educated and informed opinion, Rebecca was murdered by vengeful, jealous, angry, scorned mother of Max, Dina. All of Dina's continuous vindictive actions and spouts of hatred towards the Zahaus prior to Rebecca's murder in 2011 through post-murder to 2017 indicate that, with the fake medical report about Max's 'homicide' exemplifying the height of Dina's intense hatred and vengeance against Rebecca and the Zahaus. No fake words of slippery botoxed lip Dina at a manufactured and well-rehearsed 2017 presser would change the fact that Dina was the premeditator and murderer of Rebecca.

Jonah was in Max's room with Dina at Rady's until 1 am. As Greer has confirmed, she was not at the Mansion.

I agree with other posters who say it was a woman who wrote the message. It was angry and taunting. It was from Rebecca to Jonah because she had just listened to his message where he told her it was over between them.

IMO

That makes zero sense. If Rebecca committed suicide OUT OF SHAME AND GRIEF for having hurt Max, why would she write a taunting message to Jonah in the third person? "SHE SAVED HIM. CAN YOU SAVE HER?"

A suicidal person in grief/shame who decides to kill themselves would DECLARE their responsibility for whatever the situation was, generally by writing a suicide note affirmatively admitting fault in the first person. Why would a suicidal Rebecca write in third person and point at someone else (Jonah) to blame?

Also to reiterate, Dina declares at the presser that she believed Rebecca cared deeply for Max and Rebecca would never try to harm Max. This is contrary to Dina's attempt at malicious prosecution of Rebecca and her younger sis XZ with the fake medical expert report where her two 'medical experts' declared Max was killed by homicide and that either Rebecca and/or XZ 'torpedoed' Max over the indoor balcony to his death. Why is Dina contradicting herself now except to give the public the false impression that she had no reason to kill Rebecca because she was always 'hunky dory happy go lucky loving' Rebecca -- in other words saying BULLCRAP about her relationship with Rebecca in the presser?

Dina thinks she can get away with pulling a fast one over our eyes. No you can't Dina. We know the truth. So does the almighty creator. You will be punished. If not on earth, in the afterlife.

I believe Rebecca killed herself partly because of Max, but mainly because Jonah told her it was over in the phone call she deleted. That was spoken of in the Press Conference exonerating Dina and Nina. Rebecca's was an angry, vengeful, spiteful suicide meant to hurt Jonah as much as possible, in my opinion. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Dina never said she did not suspect XZ of hurting Max. She is the one that was whisked out of town so quickly after Max's accident and whom the Zahaus have tried to keep hidden to the media since the story broke. IMO, what Dina did not say, says much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back