MA - Aaron Hernandez, N E Patriots player, charged with homicides, commits suicide #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional sports environments are still not very progressive with respect to acceptance of homosexuality/bisexuality. Yes, there are no doubt players who are not heterosexual, but coming out in that world is not possible for most. AH was a big star, and it's not likely that he believed that coming out as bi or gay would go well for him.

And there is a cultural deal here ----

Even if he was bi, gay or whatever, I do not believe he killed himself for that reason. He was found guilty from his first case, not guilty at second one....I really believe things got to him, guilty or not. He knew either way he was stuck in prison! Maybe he did feel guilty about what it was doing to his daughter and this would be the only way she would see him, maybe it had to do with the drugs he was getting and that's why his marks that were left were so religious...who knows.

My sense was not that he killed himself cause of his sexual needs - rather he killed cause he was afraid the other guy might out him??

He did a good of putting a lid on it. Jmo

Have no idea why - but I believe it.

Kinda adds to his narcissism - a whole other planet of people to admire him ---and was nice looking!! (cept the tatoos! )

moo

And there is a cultural deal here ----

ITA........and so I think AH developed the whole "gang" persona. Super machismo bad boy. The drugs helped ease his mind from the falsehoods.

Recipe for disaster, moo

My sense was not that he killed himself cause of his sexual needs - rather he killed cause he was afraid the other guy might out him??

I wasn't saying because of his needs, I still don't believe he did it because he was going to be outed either....this rumor has been around for awhile. I believe if it was due to him being bi or gay and was afraid of being outed he would have done it a long time ago!

Yes I feel that AH was framed on the Odin murder as well as framed that it was suicide; and I also believe all the money from AH's estate should go directly to Avielle and Shayanna

You are of course entitled to your opinion. If and that's a big if, there is money to come from the Patriots, each victims family deserves a portion and of course some to Avielle. Wether you believe he was the killer or not he was there and I feel was responsible. After everything is said and done I think Avielle will be fine but Shayanna doesn't deserve anything!

I sure would have liked to have heard AB, EW, and CO's reaction to his suicide and all this when the news reached their cells.

If this isn't one of the strangest stories, I don't know what is... and it seems to be never ending. Waiting for the next installment...

You are of course entitled to your opinion. If and that's a big if, there is money to come from the Patriots, each victims family deserves a portion and of course some to Avielle. Wether you believe he was the killer or not he was there and I feel was responsible. After everything is said and done I think Avielle will be fine but Shayanna doesn't deserve anything!

I don't think the Patriots should pay out any more money. They gave him a 12.5 million signing bonus in Aug of 2012 and then owed him 27.5 million more for playing for them through 2018. He missed several weeks in 2012 due to an ankle injury and only played for them through Jan. 20th of 2013 before being arrested. That 12.5 million was more than enough for the few games he played before getting arrested.

I think his victims and daughter are entitled to what's left in his estate, whatever that amount is, but the Patriots aren't responsible for what he did so why should they have to fork out any more money just because they have a lot of money.

Maybe Shay can get a job to help support their child since she doesn't have to play her role anymore.

Saturday while house sitting for my daughter, I got hooked watching Reelz? The shows i watched were about Whitney Houston, then her daughter, then Michael Jackson. So sad. Great music. Sad personal tragedies. Sadly we see this in so many "stars". It is hard for us as normal people realize how hard so much pressure to "perform" for us is. I can't imagine nor do I desire that lifestyle. One thing that made me think about AH dying was when one of the commentators said on the Whitney Houston, that it is human nature when someone dies we tend to forget/forgive the bad and look at the good. Her record sales skyrocketed after her deathe, and pulled her estate out of $2M of debt. I see same thing happening with AH. Like it or not. On those sales I would hope would go to the families that have civil suits. But not sure how that works. There will no doubt be many legal wrangling to play out over the next years. JMHO

Private funeral for Aaron Hernandez set for today

WCVB | Updated: 6:34 AM EDT Apr 24, 2017

Family and friends of Aaron Hernandez will say their farewells to the former NFL player during a private funeral in his hometown.

Services are scheduled for 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday for the former New England Patriots tight end, who was found hanged in his cell in a maximum-security prison in Massachusetts last Wednesday.

Hernandez was serving a life sentence for the 2013 murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, and he had just been acquitted of murder charges in the shooting deaths of two men in Boston in 2012. Hernandez's death was ruled a suicide.

His body arrived Saturday at a funeral home in Bristol, where the services are being held. The burial will be private at an undisclosed location.

Hernandez's family in a statement asked for privacy as they mourn and thanked people for offering condolences.

**more at link with a video clip http://www.wcvb.com/article/private-funeral-for-aaron-hernandez-set-for-today/9549095

Oh my, how awful for all involved.

Hearing today on wrongful-death suit vs. Aaron Hernandez
Laurel J. Sweet Monday, April 24, 2017

Details of Aaron Hernandez’s private funeral service in his hometown of Bristol, Conn., remained just that — private — yesterday as his family prepares to say goodbye to the fallen NFL star and convicted killer this afternoon in his hometown.

Hernandez, 27, will be eulogized from 1 to 3 p.m. at the O’Brien Funeral Home on Lincoln Avenue, while 143 miles away in New Bedford Superior Court a hearing is scheduled to take place at 2 p.m. on the wrongful-death lawsuit brought against him four years ago by Ursula Ward, the mother of 2013 slay victim Odin L. Lloyd.

Ward of Dorchester is not expected to attend the court hearing, her lawyer said.

The conference, originally intended for setting a trial date, was scheduled weeks before Hernandez committed suicide Wednesday in his cell at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley five days after a jury acquitted him of the 2012 drive-by slayings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado.

Hernandez’s civil attorney, John D. Fitzpatrick, filed a motion last month asking to be removed from the case. http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...day_on_wrongful_death_suit_vs_aaron_hernandez

That was a given. And would be done by anyone whose family member died under circumstances. JMHO, not just AH or Jose Baez client.

Hernandez's fiancee may sue prison for failing to prevent suicide
The Boston Globe-Apr 23, 2017
Timeline around Hernandez's death. An overview of the details leading up to, and after, the death of former Patriots star Aaron Hernandez https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...his-suicide/ulCQJxfD3D7LsJUKTxoTzK/story.html

I don't think the Patriots should pay out any more money. They gave him a 12.5 million signing bonus in Aug of 2012 and then owed him 27.5 million more for playing for them through 2018. He missed several weeks in 2012 due to an ankle injury and only played for them through Jan. 20th of 2013 before being arrested. That 12.5 million was more than enough for the few games he played before getting arrested.

I think his victims and daughter are entitled to what's left in his estate, whatever that amount is, but the Patriots aren't responsible for what he did so why should they have to fork out any more money just because they have a lot of money.

Maybe Shay can get a job to help support their child since she doesn't have to play her role anymore.

We can all express our opinions -thankfully. But doesn't mean much except to ourselves. Total diff defendant and people see different. But ultimately it will come down to how the contracts were written, how good the attorneys are and the law. Doubtful anyone will agree on the eventual outcome. Lawyers will get the biggest cut no matter what.

I read a while back some things were frozen so there are no telling what kind of legal there is we have no clue about. Curious about AB and AH settlement myself the most right now to be honest. And like someone else upthread would have like to been a fly on wall when found out.

:thinking: That should be quite interesting. Especially if there was $$ involved. One would think that even though the settlement was private, it would have to be unsealed or whatever to file against the estate. It was already settled. It will be different than any that may be effected by the potential vacating of charges.

Immunity may have saved AB from one charge but if there were depositions, could possibly be other charges. Karma could come visit after all. :jail:

3F644D6C00000578-0-image-a-91_1492631611064.jpg

3F62EC6600000578-0-image-a-92_1492631616266.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ory-Souza-Baranowski-Correctional-Center.html

Wanted to see his cell. He was big and heavy. If you tie a sheet to the top of the bar how could it not pull down and not end up being close to the ground

The soap makes some sense but wouldn't that only be if there was some height??

So basically we are talking about from a sitting position at the end.

The soap is is pretty pardon the pun a slick notion - I would think he got it from inmates.

It does, however, indicate lots of planning and thought as to what might prevent failure when he was ready.

I think it is not right to not inform his family of the notes, but I question who they are calling his family. His 4 yr old daughter isn't reading Twitter and Shay is not legally his family. Nothing has been reported of his brother & mother... I hope they were told. Now that Shay has been appointed executor of his estate, she will be allowed information. The leaks are troubling.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...o-his-suicide/ulCQJxfD3D7LsJUKTxoTzK/amp.html

He continued, “When you read salacious details on Twitter about notes ... We’re all getting it from the media. And the media’s getting it from sources and those sources are government officials. I just am at a loss for words as to why government officials would treat a 4-year-old child and her mother this way.”
RBBM
Although not "legally" his wife, AH by all accounts considered Shay his family. She is the mother of his daughter and has stood by him through all of this. She has lost a lot too. True some was because of actions of others but she had choices and she has stood by him. Their daughter is the legal next of kin, before his mother and brother. JMHO there are legal documents that most likely AH signed also giving Shay rights. In states that have common law marriage they may have even been seen as such. IIRC the prison would not allow them to marry so they couldn't use spousal privilege in testimony at trials?

I am concerned too with the leaking. Just gives appearance of possible mishandling of evidence and information in the death investigation. That helps no one. There have been reports of "no notes" then marking on body, then notes and to whom and what even was alleged said in some. Heck, Google, there are allegedly xx notes, but xx stories to whom they were for. That should not be released no matter what. Even those like myself nosey, we still do not have any business knowing that stuff. Makes me wonder if someone was "paid" for that leak.

And as far as mother and brother, may God give them some peace in the days to come. I saw a news report the evening of the death. The media was camped out at "a house with lots of activity". The family asked for privacy and I think they should have it. They didn't ask for any of this and their world I sure is unreal right now.

Evidently Shay and her sister spoke some. The sister iirc is who called Lloyds family. (been a few days may have that twisted but believe Shay sister called Lloyds sister and told of AH death. Maybe some healing will come for them.

I f think this is being way overlooked- a lot. The focus has been on just the recent trial, when IMO,, it had no relevance to HIS life. Whatsoever.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][FONT=&amp].......same[FONT=&amp] day the Patriots, including some former teammates of Hernandez, are at the White House celebrating another Super Bowl victory.

[/FONT]IMO the white house event was the sole determination in terms of his choice in terms of when he killed himself.

Super Bowls are a big deal for folks into it - and forever linked to the day his team was in the white house to celebrate that victory- his suicide will forever be a part of that part of the story. Historically.

He had a penchant for revenge - and in his situation, his options were, in that regard, rather limited.

What better way, for a narcissist, to never be forgotten, as it relates directly to his accomplishments when a member of that
entity.

He will be forever remembered whenever whatever super bowl number this one was , is talked about.

[/FONT]
The soap indicates a lot, IMO, about the intensity of desire to successfully complete on that date. The cardboard stuff is also a further deterrent to being rescued.

I think this date was on his mind for quite some time.......the court verdict has nothing at all to do with it.

A pretty perfect end for malignant narcissist....................

moo

an attorney here

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-death-suicide-murder-trial

is unclear if Hernandez leaves behind an estate with much in the way of resources. His legal bills have likely been massive, he has not earned income since 2014 and his other potential sources of wealth may not have a simple path to the family he leaves behind.

The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) protects pensions from creditors, including those with successful civil judgments against defendants. The value of his pension is unknown at this time, but it may provide some funding for his daughter.

kind of think this is being way overlooked- a lot. The focus has been on just the recent trial, when if fact it had little relevance to HIS life.
[FONT=&]
[/FONT][FONT=&].......same[FONT=&] day the Patriots, including some former teammates of Hernandez, are at the White House celebrating another Super Bowl victory.

[/FONT]IMO the white house event was the sole determination in terms of his choice in terms of when he killed himself.

Super Bowls are a big deal for folks into it - and forever linked to the day his team was in the white house to celebrate that victory- his suicide will forever be a part of that part of the story. Historically.

He had a penchant for revenge - and in his situation, his options were, in that regard, rather limited.

What better way, for a narcissist, to never be forgotten, as it relates directly to his accomplishments when a member of that
entity.

He will be forever remembered whenever whatever super bowl number this one was , is talked about.

[/FONT]
A pretty perfect end for malignant narcissist....................

moo

an attorney here

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-death-suicide-murder-trial

is unclear if Hernandez leaves behind an estate with much in the way of resources. His legal bills have likely been massive, he has not earned income since 2014 and his other potential sources of wealth may not have a simple path to the family he leaves behind.

The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) protects pensions from creditors, including those with successful civil judgments against defendants. The value of his pension is unknown at this time, but it may provide some funding for his daughter.

Could not agree more....that choice of date and time makes perfect sense...grabbed the headlines...frankly I never saw or looked for anything on those players going to the white house..."penchant for revenge" seems to offer an explanation for so many things in his life. And"potential sources of wealth may not have a simple path to the family he leaves behind..." oh how true...get in line for everyone that will need to be paid. Lots of moms out there working...Shay get a job!! But no she will now sue the prison for allowing him to do what he wanted to do.

Im not totally up to speed in this case, but my inlaws did tell me a bit this weekend. I do think he killed himself since he wrote three suicide notes and I am not too upset about it since he did kill two other people in the process. I dont think any money should go to his daughter, any money should go to the victims families IMO. Also look how big this guy was if someone tried to kill him there would have been a fight. Supposedly he killed himself before his last trial for a monetary reason. Also I guess he doesnt want his daughters mom getting any money? This guy does not seem like a good guy at all. JMO

3F644D6C00000578-0-image-a-91_1492631611064.jpg

3F62EC6600000578-0-image-a-92_1492631616266.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ory-Souza-Baranowski-Correctional-Center.html

Wanted to see his cell. He was big and heavy. If you tie a sheet to the top of the bar how could it not pull down and not end up being close to the ground

The soap makes some sense but wouldn't that only be if there was some height??

So basically we are talking about from a sitting position at the end.

The soap is is pretty pardon the pun a slick notion - I would think he got it from inmates.

It does, however, indicate lots of planning and thought as to what might prevent failure when he was ready.
I was curious as to the cell myself. I looked up photos from the prison the other night. I was surprised to see they had doors with windows in the doors. Lots of privacy. I thought would be the bars like so common to see.

Sheet around his neck would cut off air supply to the brain. He would pass out and eventually die from lack of oxygen if nothing else. He allegedly had smoked K2 that night so maybe that helped along. JMHO soap on floor causes slip and down he goes. COD most likely will be "asphyxia due to hanging," And MOD was ruled suicide.

as·phyx·i·a
asˈfiksēə/Submit
noun
a condition arising when the body is deprived of oxygen, causing unconsciousness or death; suffocation.

It similar to way Robin Williams was found. **autopsy should have been able to tell how long AH had been deceased curious to hear that part. I have to go reread but I think I read allegedly AH also had cut marks on arms?

Snip on Robin Williams:

Williams had retired to a different room and was found clothed with a belt tied around his neck. The belt was wedged between the closet door and door frame, and Williams "was in a seated position slightly suspended off the ground," Boyd said. "What that means is that his body looked like he was sitting in a chair."

Schneider returned to the home after Williams had been declared deceased by police and the Fire Department, Boyd said. Boyd would not say if Williams left a note. The actor also had superficial stab wounds on his left wrist and a pocket knife was found next to his body, Boyd said. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ro...ed-suicide-hanging-himself-police-say-n178771

Im not totally up to speed in this case, but my inlaws did tell me a bit this weekend. I do think he killed himself since he wrote three suicide notes and I am not too upset about it since he did kill two other people in the process. I dont think any money should go to his daughter, any money should go to the victims families IMO. Also look how big this guy was if someone tried to kill him there would have been a fight. Supposedly he killed himself before his last trial for a monetary reason. Also I guess he doesnt want his daughters mom getting any money? This guy does not seem like a good guy at all. JMO
RBBM :thinking: what last trial? What monetary reason would it be beneficial to him? He is dead. He was aquitted on the Friday just 5 days prior of 7 of 8 charges which is what your most likely referring to. Didn't want daughters mom getting any money? Confused on that also.

"Im not totally up to speed in this case, but my inlaws did tell me a bit this weekend". While I personally didn't follow the first trial, I did the second and Google helps catch up some. Although Media is as bias and confusing at times as we public getting most of info from there. Thats one reason I rather follow the trials see actual testimony and documented evidence. Crazy at time for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member