Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does at least appear to understand that he harmed his family. But I didn't see anything to indicate she thinks he harmed ET or HER family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If one can't see he's 50 and she is 15...

Its often overlooked that TC was ET's teacher, a position of influence and authority, teachers have the ability to mold young minds.

How anyone can't see that I don't think I will understand.

CASE NO. 2:17-MJ-00067-KJN NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION OF THE UNITED STATES IN SUPPORT OF DETENTION PENDING TRIAL FOR DEFENDANT TAD CUMMINS
http://mediaassets.newschannel5.com/document/2016/Cummins-Detention-Motion-filed.pdf
“During his time on the run, the defendant traveled through nine states, sometimes in disguise and using stolen vehicle plates, until he was ultimately captured in a remote cabin in Northern California.”
“The evidence against the defendant is difficult to overcome because it consists of the video evidence from various places he visited while on the run, documentary evidence of the items he purchased while fleeing with the victim, items recovered by law enforcement during and after the defendant’s arrest, and the defendant’s post-arrest confession.”
“Moreover, the defendant found his victim through his employment and abused her for a period of multiple months while attempting to conceal the relationship to his employer.”
Reading these 8 pages indicates that:
1) Mr. Tad Cummins is NOT as sophisticated as his social media persona, employment history, and tiers persons reports suggested.
2) Law enforcement organizations, collectively, were rather after the facts, busy collecting evidences for future furtherance of prosecution, instead of aggressively pursuing the fugitive and the victim. E.g., the OKC Walmart videos and the many days delayed actions thereafter.
3) Mr. Tad Cummins is already talking to law enforcement officers, perhaps in absence of proper counsel, and allegedly incriminating himself big time.
Mr. Tad Cummins will be vilified extremely.<modsnip>

According to the super8/wyndham website, you can get a room at that fashionable hotel for $58 a night.

If they spent an average of $75 per night for motels for 25 of the 39 nights they were gone that is $1875. Plus gas of $500 is 2375, leaving $2125 for food and other expenses.

Divided by 39 days is $54.48 per day for food and other expenses.

I'd really hope that he is held in a jail outside Maury County (Columbia)

Me too. I can only imagine how many relatives, church friends, politicians and colleagues from school will be traipsing down there to pray with him and load his jail account. Poor guy must've just had a mid-life crisis. Let's not be too hard on im'. He's a good ol' boy and a Christian to boot. We all know how those teen girls can get! He didn't HURT her after all, like we could've predicted. #Sheila Butt. I mean we know he did wrong but 10 years is absolutely ridiculous. She WANTED to go with him!

Sorry for the extreme sarcasm. I am NOT a fan of Maury County.

Would the charges be different in Tennessee??

No. Federal charges are federal. The venue may be Tennessee but the jurisdiction is federal and he has been charged.

It's probably good he's going back to Tennessee believe it or not CA let's all the criminals out early and too lenient with criminals due to prison, jail overcrowding which leads to shorter sentences because of a new bill.

I hate it here.

He wouldn't be released here either. he's being held by the feds. Not the state. He has no bail/bond in any state.

I read the reference, http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...s-he-planned-to-escape-country-420267973.html not following your thought...

can someone expound?

I think she meant he has been trying to abduct her on several occasion prior to this. And she knew it. So she kept trying to hide.

"Cummins reportedly attempted to take Thomas from Tennessee multiple times, using multiple different techniques to avoid detection by law enforcement authorities."

I was referring to the part of the complaint that reads TC had attempted on multiple occasions to take ET. I was positing that maybe some of those "occasions" were the reason ET had hidden from TC while at work.

Jinx.

Kat and Mr. Thomas are doing a great job on Primetime Justice tonight.

Kat, I am so impressed by your intelligence, your advocacy for your sister, your ability to express yourself, and your kindness when speaking about JC and her family.

What I don't understand is why he hasn't also been charged with using the internet for solicitation of a minor?

Cummins appeared at an arraignment in Sacramento, walked into court wearing an orange prison jumpsuit that said "Sac Co prisoner" and he was shackled with a chain around his waist.

He didn't say a word aloud and listened intently to Magistrate Judge Kendall Newman.

Cummins turned his head toward the prosecutor, who argued he was a danger and a flight risk. The US attorney said two guns were found in Cummins' vehicle.

Benjamin Galloway was appointed as his public defender in California. Galloway said his client was not a dangerous flight risk because the allegations against him do not include threats or coercion and that this is "not an abduction or kidnapping."

Galloway said his client looks forward to going to Tennessee as soon as possible to fight the charges against him.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/us/tennessee-teacher/

Re post from Gaius above: "Mr. Tad Cummins will be vilified extremely".

Lol thumb accidentally hit the thank you button before I had a chance to read it. I didn't actually understand/agree with the original post before modsnip. Just setting the record straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cummins appeared at an arraignment in Sacramento, walked into court wearing an orange prison jumpsuit that said "Sac Co prisoner" and he was shackled with a chain around his waist.

He didn't say a word aloud and listened intently to Magistrate Judge Kendall Newman.

Cummins turned his head toward the prosecutor, who argued he was a danger and a flight risk. The US attorney said two guns were found in Cummins' vehicle.

Benjamin Galloway was appointed as his public defender in California. Galloway said his client was not a dangerous flight risk because the allegations against him do not include threats or coercion and that this is "not an abduction or kidnapping."

Galloway said his client looks forward to going to Tennessee as soon as possible to fight the charges against him.

Sounds like TC looks forward to further damaging a young teen he manipulated by saying she wanted to come with him. uggg!

Fight the charges against him, eh? Doesn't sound like all so happy it's over now, does he?

Wow thanks I was giving it a generous 70.00 a night in my estimations:)

I estimated an average of $75 and allowed for several days of camping.

According to my precise calculations :laughing: he really blew through that $4500. Either they spent a bunch of money on lodging, or they didn't eat at Chez McDonalds very often.

He had 5 weeks to plan but could not stretch a dollar.

Freaking CA LE. Pathetic he would give this interview. This crap is as bad as the stuff we've seen out of TN

Sheriff Describes First Moments After Finding Missing Teen and Teacher Who Allegedly Kidnapped Her

http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-california-sheriff-finding-teen-teacher-tad-cummins/

Pretty much one of the dumbest things from that link, like really did he have no idea "a counter-culture subset of residents" isn't exactly what he'd find at the commune. If this wasn't a tragic thing involving a teenager I'd lol...

"Prior to coming to the commune, Cummins and Elizabeth allegedly spent time in Berkeley, California, about 340 miles south of Cecilville. But according to Lopey, they were surrounded there by &#8220;a counter-culture subset of residents and transient people,&#8221; and these people made Cummins uncomfortable.

&#8220;They scared him,&#8221; Lopey says. &#8220;Some of the things they were doing scared him and they decided to leave, and then they heard about the commune and thought, &#8216;Gee, why don&#8217;t we go there?&#8217; &#8221;

Freaking CA LE. Pathetic he would give this interview. This crap is as bad as the stuff we've seen out of TN

Sheriff Describes First Moments After Finding Missing Teen and Teacher Who Allegedly Kidnapped Her

http://people.com/crime/elizabeth-thomas-california-sheriff-finding-teen-teacher-tad-cummins/
"Siskiyou County, California, Sheriff Jon Lopey tells PEOPLE that early in authorities&#8217; interactions with the pair, they were mostly kept separate &#8212; but at one point, they sat at a picnic table together and talked. Lopey adds, &#8220;They seemed to comfort each other. She got emotional with crying and he attempted to comfort her..."

What the...LE allowed them to sit alone together at park bench and TC was allowed to physically comfort her? I guess people just go stupid around this man.

I estimated an average of $75 and allowed for several days of camping.

According to my precise calculations :laughing: he really blew through that $4500. Either they spent a bunch of money on lodging, or they didn't eat at Chez McDonalds very often.

He had 5 weeks to plan but could not stretch a dollar.

He had $3.00 left in his pocket so he blew threw 4497.00 :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member