Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought pop up in my
head, is it possible he knows what happened in the Mary K case and he is trying to have the same outcome with ET?

Interesting! Could be. The biggest difference between the cases was that Mary Kay and the boy were equally infatuated with each other. Not at all saying it was right. But they seemed to have a mutual attraction.

In this case, Tad Cummins groomed her, threatened her, stalked her. He was an oppressive domineering presence and he controlled her with fear and self doubt. And there is plenty of evidence that ET was trying to get rid of him. That wasn't an element in the Mary Kay case at all as I recall.

But you bring up a good point. I'm gonna guess that Tad thinks he will get off and he will renew his obsession with ET. What else does he have? Everyone knows he is a child molester. He'll never work around children again unless he changes his identity, and with his level of criminal bumbling, I don't see him being able to pull that off. ET will be in a much better state of mind by then too and he won't get far. And people know about him now so that is a really good thing.

His best option is to try to get back in with his wife and girls because if he ever gets out, his job prospects are pretty dismal, especally if an employer expects actual work. If I was Tad, I'd leave the commune off his resume, lazy firestarter.

I hope his soon to be X and the girls make a new life for themselves and don't cave to his whining manipulations. They need counseling just as much as his victims. He is going to start working on them, just like he did his sister.

"Seem" is the key word. She manipulated and groomed him starting when he was 12. She refused to leave him alone when ordered to, after her arrest, and continued to sexually assault and manipulate this minor child.

While committing statutory rape on the then sixth grader, she, already a mother of 4, age 34, who truly knew how to prevent it, allowed herself to become impregnated with this boy's child, forever binding him to her. Then, even after her arrest, while violating the conditions of bail, this predator again became impregnated by her victim, a second time.

So he was now the father of two children by his rapist.

He is Samoan. In that culture, family ties are very important. And it is a matriarchal culture. Not patriarchal. So family lines stem from the mother, not dad, making the connection between his kids and their mother extremely vital to him.

Vili was deprived of his innocence. He was deprived of his childhood. He did not have his first sexual experience with an equal. Instead, it was with an adult 22 years his senior. An adult who groomed him and sexually abused him.

By dint of her pregnancies, and his culture, he was forever bound to the woman.

He had no opportunity to develop as a normal child or teen. To date other kids. Go to school proms. Have a first kiss with another kid his age. Go to college. Live a childfree life while still a teenager. Meet a mate of his own choosing when he became an adult capable of making that choice.

He expresses happiness but I think that's just what he has to tell himself to survive. His life was ruined, IMHO.

Eta: I think it's relevant to this case because some people feel that if she wasn't forced at gun point or via direct threats to go with him, she consented to her abuse and thus it's not as bad a crime. Or that a child can decide to mate with their predator for life and still be "happy".

I disagree. Sexual abuse of a child, including statutory rape after grooming, has devastating effects on males and females.

I just want to step in and add a caveat. He was 12. This is important. A developing child's sexuality is tied up into what happens to them at some very sensitive ages. It really messes with a 12 year old to have sex with an adult because if they don't receive the proper treatment their sexuality gets tied up in what it means to be intimate with an adult. Would you think it was healthy have a 12 year old watch *advertiser censored*? Do you think that would cause issues with them? Of course. Well picture how that same child would be affected by actually being in the situation of having sex, it's worse. 12 year olds are at a critical stage in their sexual development and MKL messed with that child and because he didn't receive the proper care, his entire life was messed up.

How long does it take for these types of cases to go to trial?

How long does it take for these types of cases to go to trial?

Years! Given the pre-trial discovery and motions, probably 2-3 years. But it depends on the particular court and docket. Some courts are super speedy, others are notoriously slow.

I didn't see license plates nor guns on the list left in the cabin as things taken.

He must have had the guns in the cabin....but they were taken immediately so were not on the subsequent search warrant for stuff in the cabin. Probably a lot of stuff on a list from the car that we have not seen? JMO

I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but it didn't upset me when Nancy Grace mentioned ET being a late bloomer. Obviously it coulda been said differently but then again no one can say things perfectly. No one. Everyone's words are highly picked apart, dissected and put under a microscope these days. I think her heart is in the right place, and she was just trying to paint the picture that ET was not only a young manipulated, abused teen, but ALSO a late bloomer. It's stressed because some people are equating ET with having an adult mentality/willingness or having adult connivings. I had a very late bloomer daughter so it didn't really bother me. Just my perspective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its been said even by family friends that she wasn't a very mature 15 yr old. Others are concerned that ET will read that and be upset.

I believe that has absolutely nothing to do with ET and more to do with her previous environment of abuse.

Probably got his car keys and pocket knife right away too. I know it's the least of his crimes, but it just makes me sick that he cut her hair. He took every thing he could think of of her identity. She was just his possession for his sick purposes. Notice that he didn't shave that god-awful hair on his chinny-chin-chin. YUCK JMO

It *just* occurred to me that the reason TC tried to pass his victim off as his "wife" to outsiders instead of his "daughter" was because it would increase the amount of "public affection" (public molesting would be another way to put it) he could display towards her. In other words, he could ogle and touch and whatever else he wanted, whenever and wherever else he wanted and no one witnessing would object because "John" and "Joanna" were operating under the guise of being a married couple. No more having to wait until behind closed doors to act like a touchy-feely rapist creep towards a child! A dream come true for TC, to be sure.

God, how I hate this man. :mad:

Authorities said the mother physically abused several of her children for about a year, beginning in November 2014. The teen’s father was living at home during that time, but the couple separated in November 2015 and the father took sole custody of the children, according to the divorce filing. The parents have been married for 30 years and have 10 children together, though only four of them are still minors.

BBM

I've thought about this comment I'm about to make for days. I'm reluctant because I believe I will get flamed BUT I am wondering if anyone else has had questions about this.

On several news stories about ET's mother abusing the children, it says that the abuse started in November 2014 and the father took the children and left on November 2015. So is everyone else understanding this like I am? That the abuse went on for a year, with the father in the house and he didn't notice?
I'm having a real problem with this and am wondering if maybe this "neglect" contributed to ET's situation as the abuse from the mother did?

Flame away......

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/04/26/missing-student-tennessee/100921288/

BBM

I've thought about this comment I'm about to make for days. I'm reluctant because I believe I will get flamed BUT I am wondering if anyone else has had questions about this.

On several news stories about ET's mother abusing the children, it says that the abuse started in November 2014 and the father took the children and left on November 2015. So is everyone else understanding this like I am? That the abuse went on for a year, with the father in the house and he didn't notice?
I'm having a real problem with this and am wondering if maybe this "neglect" contributed to ET's situation as the abuse from the mother did?

Flame away......

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/04/26/missing-student-tennessee/100921288/

I'm the last to flame as this has crossed my mind as well and cannot think of a reasonable explanation. I think it is an excellent thing this entire family is getting counseling, though.

BBM

Flame away......

No flame...

I believe the father traveled a lot for work. Also its totally possible to hide abuse as I have 1st hand knowledge of this with a step parent situation where the parent didn't believe the step parent was capable of abuse.

I will add further the kids all seem to be behind the father and he even has custody of the children so I'm thinking he may have not been privy to all that was going on. idk

It *just* occurred to me that the reason TC tried to pass his victim off as his "wife" to outsiders instead of his "daughter" was because it would increase the amount of "public affection" (public molesting would be another way to put it) he could display towards her. In other words, he could ogle and touch and whatever else he wanted, whenever and wherever else he wanted and no one witnessing would object because "John" and "Joanna" were operating under the guise of being a married couple. No more having to wait until behind closed doors to act like a touchy-feely rapist creep towards a child! A dream come true for TC, to be sure.

God, how I hate this man. :mad:

Me too. He betrayed ANYONE'S inclination to think that he was a decent human being, with flaws. He will be incarcerated for his crimes, but the victims of his betrayal will suffer for the rest of their lives. You can't heal from betrayal. You can move on, but you are scarred forever. JMO

BBM

Flame away......

It depends on how things were. It sounds like some of the older children had a different childhood than the younger children did. My assumption is that the mother didn't abuse all the children, but instead began to be abusive with some of the younger children. If that's the case, it can go on undetected even from spouses and other family members. Sometimes an abusive parent will pick one child to heap their frustrations out on, so it can be hard to detect.

ETA: here's an article that explains it. http://www.kansascity.com/news/arti...parent-to-single-out-one-child-for-abuse.html

BBM

Flame away......

I'm NOT sure, but Kat said something here, briefly, that it was complicated and the Dad was allowed in the house...so I just assumed that they were separated and that he lived elsewhere. JMO

I saw that too. Funny that he just filed for divorce and filed a restraining order, if the mother had not seen the kids on a year why bother now. Jmo

BBM

Flame away......

No flame...

I believe the father traveled a lot for work. Also its totally possible to hide abuse as I have 1st hand knowledge of this with a step parent situation where the parent didn't believe the step parent was capable of abuse.

I will add further the kids all seem to be behind the father and he even has custody of the children so I'm thinking he may have not been privy to all that was going on. idk

Not ALL of them. Kat mentioned that the mother seemed to favor BL formerly BT. It looked to me that the interview we saw of the mother was at BL's home. I suspect that mom lives there. She was holding BL's baby in a photo from the interview. JMO

I saw that too. Funny that he just filed for divorce and filed a restraining order, if the mother had not seen the kids on a year why bother now. Jmo

I had a friend that said it was expensive to file for divorce. I'm not sure of his particular reasons but perhaps her need to get in the media or insert herself in her child's life after abusing them? idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle