Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

im thinking the couch had short legs and the bottom had that material and it was loose so it just pushed up with her there, as she was small

As much as I liked the live reporting (complete with opinion and rumor)--for sleuthing purposes...The above statement from LE is exactly why she shouldn't be "reporting" like that.

It's good for us...Not so good for the case or LE.

I'm still confused about 'under the couch'. I thought the couch had no legs? My mind won't allow me to visualize such a thing. :(

im thinking the couch had short legs and the bottom had that material and it was loose so it just pushed up with her there, as she was small

I think your right. Sometimes older lining sags a bit and if little Semaj was placed under the couch, the lining probably had enough "give" to allow her to be hidden there.

Underneath? That's very different than opening the lining and concealing her.

I Googled cheap couch underside in Google Images and the first pic to pop up shows the underside of a couch that does not have a bottom liner. I saw a few more, enough that I think (IMO) that it's possible the couch had no liner on the bottom in the first place. Otherwise it becomes very difficult for a toddler to crawl underneath if there are no legs and maybe only an inch or so clearance.

Since Semaj was reported as last seen outside, and had "wandered off" I am still suspicious.

I am now wondering if someone put Semaj under the couch while she was sleeping as a trick against mom that went wrong. Kind of like what godmother was saying about Sheri leaving her son with Darlene only for Darlene to put him in the middle of the street, take a picture and accuse Sheri of leaving him alone.

I'm still confused about 'under the couch'. I thought the couch had no legs? My mind won't allow me to visualize such a thing. :(

There was a video of Anita doing her live facebook as they brought out the couch wrapped up. I didn't see any legs.

I'm not going to tie myself in knots in speculation about the couch & its legs or lack thereof (that info came from a "source" cited in one of the FB live reports by Anita).

I'm also noting that - as far as I can see - Anita's FB live reports are being published on a FB page she runs, & are not being broadcast on the official page belonging to the MSM outlet she works for.

I'm not going to tie myself in knots in speculation about the couch & its legs or lack thereof (that info came from a "source" cited in one of the FB live reports by Anita).

I'm also noting that - as far as I can see - Anita's FB live reports are being published on a FB page she runs, & are not being broadcast on the official page belonging to the MSM outlet she works for.

Some of us watched LE carry the couch out, it did not have any legs. MOO

Some of us watched LE carry the couch out, it did not have any legs. MOO

I saw that broadcast too :(

I'm not arguing about the likelihood of an accident v foul play. I DON'T think Samej crawled under a couch (with or without legs) all by herself.

I guess I'm trying not to get hung-up on this particular detail, in a case which is messy, confused & likely to have some uglier details before we see clear :(.

I saw that broadcast too :(

I'm not arguing about the likelihood of an accident v foul play. I DON'T think Samej crawled under a couch (with or without legs) all by herself.

I guess I'm trying not to get hung-up on this particular detail, in a case which is messy, confused & likely to have some uglier details before we see clear :(.

Without a doubt, I do not envy LE !

I am now wondering if someone put Semaj under the couch while she was sleeping as a trick against mom that went wrong. Kind of like what godmother was saying about Sheri leaving her son with Darlene only for Darlene to put him in the middle of the street, take a picture and accuse Sheri of leaving him alone.

What a horribly dysfunctional (and dangerous) situation this is for children.

I've notice this as well and wonder why they are being considered MSM.

I've notice this as well and wonder why they are being considered MSM.

I think, because it is no different than posting tweets or links from a reporter from twitter or facebook, which is permitted within TOS as MSM.

It says right there on her facebook 'Anita Padilla Fox 32 Chicago' and has the little blue tick which means it is a verified account.

Maybe we need a mod to verify and if not the links could be removed but I think per TOS it's ok.

We can always choose to use discretion, none of us want to harm the investigation. I'll stop posting links and things she has said if everyone isn't cool with it.

I think, because it is no different than posting tweets or links from a reporter from twitter or facebook, which is permitted within TOS as MSM.

It says right there on her facebook 'Anita Padilla Fox 32 Chicago' and has the little blue tick which means it is a verified account.

Maybe we need a mod to verify and if not the links could be removed but I think per TOS it's ok.

We can always choose to use discretion, none of us want to harm the investigation. I'll stop posting links and things she has said if everyone isn't cool with it.

I agree. If it's okay with the mods, than it's okay to post. I can keep my feelings about it to myself. :silenced: :blushing: It may just be me worrying about it too much. I just so want this to go by the book and the responsible party to be held accountable. To me that's more important than fast, possibly inaccurate information

I was having a problem with this yesterday but they were being allowed so... I went with it.

Yeah me too.

I still even after 6 yrs still feel a bit like a new kid on the block and often follow posters who I respect a great deal, which includes you all here, and also the mods and TOS. I think we are all basically on the same page.

:loveyou:

This is a MSM reporter, live streaming herself as she interviews witnesses, as she chases the story and is filmed for her on camera reports which ARE being broadcast by the MSM affiliate that employs her.

More and more we are seeing this style of reporting. It is the direction things are moving in journalism. Similar to MSM written articles that cite "unnamed sources" "someone close to the investigation"

I have asked Tricia to weigh in on this particular reporter and her livestreams. Until she can do so members are pretty savvy, they should decide what weight to give these livestreams for themselves..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back