CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #10

I see that a lot of people believe he is in the lake, but what about the blood hounds? They followed his smell back to the truck stop....

we have seen dogs make mistakes before.

There is on very rare occasions a situation where dog imprints on a human searcher that comes over to give the dog a pat on the head or a nice scratch behind the ear. The dog may alert on that searchers scent rather than on the victims.

I have always believed Bryce is in the lake, or nearby. I think his parents have (understandably) been in deep denial. I sure hope I'm wrong. Regardless, I think closure would be better for them than the agony of wondering where he is. So very sad.

I have always believed Bryce is in the lake, or nearby. I think his parents have (understandably) been in deep denial. I sure hope I'm wrong. Regardless, I think closure would be better for them than the agony of wondering where he is. So very sad.

JMO
I agree. I have always felt the lake is likely where he is.

After the accident I think he walked down to the waters edge and walked right into the lake to let the water soothe any pain from his accident. I think he likely laid on his back and floated on his back until he went under.

If the bank dropped off steeply then his body could have eventually made its way outwards away from the bank further and further as boat traffic and underwater currents would eventually keep moving the body further out to its deepest point until it got snagged on something which could be why it never surfaced.

The wrecked vehicle provides a clue as to his intent of wanting to go into the lake IMO. I think once he wrecked he continued to the lake on foot.

Drugs and certain medicines can have severe effects on a persons thought process and I do think whatever he had taken in the days leading up to the wreck most likely contributed to why he did what he did that day.

http://ktla.com/2017/04/27/possible...d-in-lake-hughes-area-investigation-underway/

Sheriff’s homicide detectives discovered what appear to be “partial human remains” in an unincorporated part of Lake Hughes Thursday.

The remains were found in the area of Templin Highway and Old Ridge Route shortly before noon, according to a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department news release.

Officials said an environmental survey study crew was in the area when the remains were discovered. They appeared to have been there for “a long period of time,” officials said.

The recovery was suspended because of the “treacherous terrain,” the news release stated. Detectives will resume the recovery about 8 a.m. Friday.

No further details were released Thursday.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Sheriff’s Department’s Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.

Anonymous tips can also be left by calling “Crime Stoppers” at 800-222-8477, or by visiting the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.

I hope whoever it is can be identified. It must be awful not knowing where you loved one is. :(

Ugh, too close for comfort. Its only 3 hrs or so walking and 16 min by car from the lake depending where you are. Remains were found at Templin and Old Ridge route in Castaic. Bryce's truck was somewhere near lLake Hughes RD. It was four yrs ago. I just can't remember. Maybe someone can do a better map.

86a85599db881fec809176734d689852.jpg

JMO
I agree. I have always felt the lake is likely where he is.

After the accident I think he walked down to the waters edge and walked right into the lake to let the water soothe any pain from his accident. I think he likely laid on his back and floated on his back until he went under.

If the bank dropped off steeply then his body could have eventually made its way outwards away from the bank further and further as boat traffic and underwater currents would eventually keep moving the body further out to its deepest point until it got snagged on something which could be why it never surfaced.

The wrecked vehicle provides a clue as to his intent of wanting to go into the lake IMO. I think once he wrecked he continued to the lake on foot.

BBM. We don't know if it was his intention to purposely drive over that drop-off.

I can't see someone who's been in a major car wreck would think to go for a swim. Also that water would be very cold that time of the morning.

Ugh, too close for comfort. Its only 3 hrs or so walking and 16 min by car from the lake depending where you are. Remains were found at Templin and Old Ridge route in Castaic. Bryce's truck was somewhere near lLake Hughes RD. It was four yrs ago. I just can't remember. Maybe someone can do a better map.

86a85599db881fec809176734d689852.jpg

It is very close. Where you have your start marker is also around the area the dogs tracked his scent. This doesn't look good.

It is very close. Where you have your start marker is also around the area the dogs tracked his scent. This doesn't look good.

I will never forget that weekend. I don't live too far from there. It was abnormally in the triple digits that entire week around 110° We had an extreme heatwave. I remembering sweltering from that heat

The very first dogs at the crash site did track him to the waters edge but the second set of dogs tracked him where I mapped it.

I always thought it was possible Bryce witnessed the murder of the guy who was burned at the lake that they originally thought was Bryce and perhaps murderers took Bryce at gunpoint because he could identify them and killed Bryce later dumping his body.

But he could have succumbed to the elements. He was injured as there was blood found it was determined he probably had a head injury from the windshield.

Some thought suicide from his erratic behavior and that weird note he left his roommate and gave away his most treasured belongings.

We had so many good theories. This case was such a mystery. I was so intrigued by it. We sleuthed this case for years it was so disappointing he was never found. We all wanted him to come home safely.

He always reminded me of my son so I hold this case close to my heart. [emoji1317]❤️

I will never forget that weekend. I don't live too far from there. It was abnormally in the triple digits that entire week around 110° We had an extreme heatwave. I remembering sweltering from that heat

The very first dogs at the crash site did track him to the waters edge but the second set of dogs tracked him where I mapped it.

I always thought it was possible Bryce witnessed the murder of the guy who was burned at the lake that they originally thought was Bryce and perhaps murderers took Bryce at gunpoint because he could identify them and killed Bryce later dumping his body.

But he could have succumbed to the elements. He was injured as there was blood found it was determined he probably had a head injury from the windshield.

Some thought suicide from his erratic behavior and that weird note he left his roommate and gave away his most treasured belongings.

We had so many good theories. This case was such a mystery. I was so intrigued by it. We sleuthed this case for years it was so disappointing he was never found. We all wanted him to come home safely.

He always reminded me of my son so I hold this case close to my heart. [emoji1317]❤️

Yes I've been there as well many years ago camping and it is vast lake. But your theory hold some water, where the remains are can be driven to.

Wow, for some reason this is the first time I have heard about giving away his "treasured" possesions. That certainly does reinforce the suicide theory in my analysis. I agree, pretty straight forward:

1. Some sort of note that raised eyebrows
2. Gave away "treasured" possessions
3. Notable erratic behavior and phone calls (was his mother trying to talk him out of suicide?)
4. Car crash, blood on windshield
5. Traced (at least by one bloodhound) to lakes edge where scent stops

I'm of the first belief this young man most defitinely is in the lake or very close to it. I really, really encourage another look at the lake and scour the close surrounding area. My prayers are with the family, and for against all odds, a miracle. While highly unlikely, one never knows.

As sad as it would be, I will say it would be nice to see Bryce's family have closure.

It's seems like quite a long walk for a suicide, IMO, but who knows what goes through someone's mind if they decide they want to end their life.

I hope they identify who it is quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back