GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

She has a twitter for her cats. I don't know how to link twitter, but the handle is @tiki_toes easy to find if you look her up because that's the only twitter page she follows. So sad looking through all her posts, but it's clear to me how much she loves her cats and would not willingly leave them.

I did a little digging and it looks like this is her twitter account. She also has one under her real name that only follows her cats. (I think this is hers because she tweets pictures of her cats and it's the first account @tiki_toes follows)

‪@5ok13mol‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely the police know where her phone was last on?. That would indicate where trouble started in my opinion. This is my first case to follow. Do they ever release that information?

I really dont don't see someone as passionate as this (fortravel, family and cats) taking her own life.

It is interesting that the obit mentions Friday game night.

Surely the police know where her phone was last on?. That would indicate where trouble started in my opinion. This is my first case to follow. Do they ever release that information?

I really dont don't see someone as passionate as this (fortravel, family and cats) taking her own life.

Yes, Plano PD is quoted as stating that they pulled the phone data and confirmed it went dead at Arbor Hills and that is the last communication from her.

Regarding prior posts about if she could have used Uber or a Taxi, I would think LE would have seen that on her phone records... I'm not aware of another way to schedule a pick-up?

The police have stated that there are phone records showing the last conversation was around 8:30 PM from the location of the nature preserve.

One of her good friends mentioned the Friday night games on FB. It wasn't mentioned that she participated that particular Friday night and I suspect she didn't. The obit may have had contributions from friend's fond memories included as often family asks for that kind of input .

Thanks, JMO!

So sad...Was she playing games with her friends that Friday evening? Anyone familiar with role playing games?

I am the last person that should attempt to answer this question because I am so much older than probably most of you that to say I am out of the loop on current trends like this would be an understatement. But being that she was a software engineer and apparently an artist that liked fantasy type art and that of the comic type genre I did try to learn a little thinking it would be another aspect of her personality and interests.

"A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game and abbreviated to RPG) is a video game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.
There are several forms of RPG. The original form, sometimes called the tabletop RPG, is conducted through discussion, whereas in live action role-playing games (LARP) players physically perform their characters actions. In both of these forms, an arranger called a game master (GM) usually decides on the rules and setting to be used, acting as referee, while each of the other players plays the role of a single character."

More:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

This article describe a form of roleplaying games that I could imagine a group of friends that are creative problem solvers enjoying as a weekly social outlet.

Until now, I really thought it would be some sort of play acting activity, but I'm now inclined to think it is much more structured and analytical than that.I can see someone as sharp,creative and individualistic as Megan enjoying from way back.

(I am sure there are WS's on here that know much more about it than my feeble attempts to describe something that I had never heard of until now.)

http://paulanthonyshortt.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-attracts-people-to-tabletop-rpgs.html

The more I learn about Megan, the more I feel like I've lost a friend I never met. I'm not a LARPer, or a gamer of any kind, really, but all my friends​ are really geeky like Megan. We have tech jobs, and cats, and we read a lot and love sunny days playing in the park. I just know we would've hit it off. Her family and friends must be heartbroken.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, if she was in IT and lived alone she was most likely a MMORPG player, think World of Warcraft. Great form of a social interaction to those who are a naturally a tad introverted.

The more I learn about Megan, the more I feel like I've lost a friend I never met. I'm not a LARPer, or a gamer of any kind, really, but all my friends​ are really geeky like Megan. We have tech jobs, and cats, and we read a lot and love sunny days playing in the park. I just know we would've hit it off. Her family and friends must be heartbroken.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I feel exactly the same way! I wish I had known her. I wonder who's taking care of her kitties. Hopefully they are bringing comfort to her bereaved family and friends, and vice versa.

Searching her user name she posted on a board game forum about a Star Trek building game her group played. Like the posters above, the more I read about her the more wonderful she sounds. I hope her cats are being well loved on by her family.

Even so, how did she get to Ray Hubbard? She couldn't have walked, ridden a bike, or taken public transportation. With her car not where she was found, someone else had to have taken her there. I have faith in Plano LE, but I wish they would tell the public something...anything. Even if it's just "don't worry."

And she would have showed up in cameras from the toll booths (I assume they have cameras?) and someone may have seen her and came forward if they'd been with her unless they don't want them knowing because they killed her.

The people she talked to said she was off the beaten path so I'm mot surprised that she wasn't seen at the preserve and she isn't someone who would stand out to me if I saw her there. Because her outfit was typical workout type stuff and look wise she was someone I wouldn't have payed close attention to because she doesn't look threatening or scary or have anything weird or odd. And that isn't a dis. I just know when I'm at some nature preserve type place I don't keep track of everyone I see unless they weird/creep/scare me or if I see them and think they are someone I find very attractive but even then I won't pay close attention but might remember them more. Or someone who has bright colored hair or something they're wearing or about their looks that stick out especially in nature those are the people I would remember most besides the creepy ones but she would just blend in to everyone else I saw that day because she wasn't creepy and didn't have like pink hair or something to make me look at them.

I do sometimes remember someone who I pass going past them down a pathway who say hi or smile as they pass me and I do the same back but I only remember them because I interacted with them and I wouldn't go mention them to anyone and unless I see the news I wouldn't know they were killed. And she lived right there so I doubt she ever goes to the usual areas that are crowded with people because she's bored of those spots and likes to explore new ones and I think that's why she wasn't seen and maybe she encountered this person out there or they'd followed her and took their chance.

The biggest reason I don't think she killed herself is her pets. I have a cat and three hens and they're the most spoiled pampered hens ever(same with my animals in high school) and they're like my kids and I like them more than most people even though I'm a social butterfly. And if she wanted to I think she would find some reason to tell her family into taking them but without saying the real reason which would be so that she knows they'll be safe and ok when she's gone. And I don't believe she would leave her animals in her place to be hungry and thirsty. She would come up with some reason for her family or friend to go to her house so then they'd get there see she's missing and take care of her pets rather than they be thirsty and hungry.

Transportation issues aside and all that we've all talked about that seems obvious to me that mean she didn't kill her self or have some accident the biggest thing more than any other is her pets because she was a crazy cat lady. You don't just set up a twitter or whatever it was for your cats and then abandon them. I don't even have one for my animals(but do have too many photos of them on my fb and IG) so cause of her pets I don't think she ever would.

To take public transportation in her area to Ray Hubbard, is over a 3 hour route. And nothing leaves from close to her complex. She would still have to get to the station somehow. The route involves lots of transfers and such.

It's not that some sort of transportation in the area doesn't exist, it's just that there is no reasonable explanation for her taking public transportation. Right where she is...there is no plausible reason for her to attempt public transportation. Especially when she has car.

And a bus driver would say he or she saw her and had footage of her getting on. Same if she got a taxi or uber etc they'd remember. The bus driver wouldn't need to hide anything and anyone who rode the bus with her and sat near her or waited for it with her would remember because when you're in the bus awhile you usually look around and notice people. And if she took a taxi or whatever to there they'd have a record either by recalling her or because she used her card and same with the bus unless she used cash but her wallet was at home.

Also do we know for sure her keys were at home? Because how would she get back in? That sounds more like someone left her keys there to stage it without realizing it isn't logical. Unless she had s fancy door that she types a code in for or waves a little thing but she wouldn't have one there I don't think. And doesn't the apartments have some cameras somewhere in the property? Someone said it's gated so if it is then shouldn't there be a camera there? If the cameras didnt see her come home but saw her leave then that means she never came back. And I don't believe she could take any public transportation without her wallet and would take her keys because then her family could get in her place easier if she killed herself which I don't for a minute believe she did.

And if she wanted to kill herself then why bring her water bottle that is missing? Or her phone. And wouldn't the bottle float if it was in the lake? I'm sure they had divers look in the lake by now but still haven't found her phone(unless they aren't saying) so I think either the killer has them and forgot them in his car but turned the phone off when he killed her or that he left them both where he attacked her and the phone battery died and it just hasn't been found yet since she said she was off the beaten path .

True. I guess I am thinking about how I am with my adult children around her age. We talk or text several times a day and when we have lost a phone signal I am calling them back until I get hold of them. They are the same with me.

But I do have an older bachelor brother who I can go long periods of time without hearing from.It worries me that something could happen to him and I wouldn't know for days but he is just happily independent and a big communicator, whether it is by text,calls or emails.
Coincidentally, he is also an engineer.

So it very well could just be that they were accustomed to her not being in constant contact.

Random tidbit, but if my battery is low I'll tell whomever I'm talking to that the phone might die, and I'll get back to them once it's charged again. So if she had done that, the person wouldn't have been alarmed by the call ending, and may have assumed she forgot to call them back or got busy, or it was late, etc.

Wonder what time Friday night games were ? Did she go or not ? If not did she tell one of the players she was not going ? Were they alarmed she didn't show up ? Sounds like these people knew her best .

They said her location was verified by cell phone data extraction. But they can't extract data from a phone they don't have, right? So it had to be from Cloud info or the phone company providing the info to LE, which usually requires a search warrant. Curious about that.

Also, how ridiculous is it that a body can be found Saturday, a woman is reported missing Monday and it takes them until Wednesday to make a connection? I think Plano LE is excellent but wth.

It appears he attended Plano Senior High but can't confirm. I just find it interesting that although Molly's parents confirm they sort of knew each other, LE has stated they are looking into his connection to other crimes. I would think that his targeting Molly was personal yet they are looking into others...hmmm.

Well some get caught because they slip up and make a personal kill when they avoided it before and only had been killing people they didn't know but stalked because they became obsessed or they did random picks like Israel Keyes claims to have done when in nature and taking what he can get as he put it. So it's possible this guy had been obsessed with molly(not familiar at all with the case or even read about it) and fought his urge to act on it and then gave in and it got him caught. But wasn't she killed before Megan was? And was her killer caught before Megan was killed or after? If they think he could be the killer then they could be keeping quiet and hoping someone comes forward and says they saw him near the preserve and her at the time or at any time that could show he was stalking her maybe.

Thanks, JMO!

So sad...Was she playing games with her friends that Friday evening? Anyone familiar with role playing games?

She would be with a group of friends who would have came forward because they play in groups and sometimes in the parks they do live action role playing. She may also play online games and cosplay as well. Somehow I see her using dating apps to find a guy/girl(idk what she's into) and that's dangerous but I think cops could find that all easily so not likely and she could meet a guy on a video game but again it would be easy to find. She could get a creepy stalker via one without knowing though

This article describe a form of roleplaying games that I could imagine a group of friends that are creative problem solvers enjoying as a weekly social outlet.

Until now, I really thought it would be some sort of play acting activity, but I'm now inclined to think it is much more structured and analytical than that.I can see someone as sharp,creative and individualistic as Megan enjoying from way back.

(I am sure there are WS's on here that know much more about it than my feeble attempts to describe something that I had never heard of until now.)

http://paulanthonyshortt.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-attracts-people-to-tabletop-rpgs.html

I don't role play but my friends do and I'll explain some.

First you have cosplay which is costume play where people build or buy their own outfit and some compete at comicon and some even do modeling that is cosplay(which I only know because someone tried to tell me I should do that since I'm a gamer and do some modeling) and often people act the part of the character they're playing which is from tv/movies/games/comics etc it depends on the person tho. The ones who compete act the part during and it's expensive.

Then you have larping which is live action role play where ppl act out whatever it is in costume and in character and often in the park because we have a trek in the park one in Oregon. This would be done with multiple people and maybe picture ppl acting out a battle

Then you have the role play that is the dungeons and dragons type where you sit around with your friends and a book and paper and dice and lvl yourself up and stuff and there are other games like it that are the same d&d format

Then you have the computer type ones where it's just a video game where you're a character and other people play with you like with world of Warcraft. My guess is she did all of these

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back