Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:
and Good Point:
If ET had not been rescued and had spent years (JC spent 31 years with TC) with her abductor, believing her life with him was a perfect love match and a good solid relationship, and THEN he dumped her off somewhere and left with yet ANOTHER victim, would we be tearing her apart if she said some of things JC has said?

I don't think so. We would understand that she was a victim of TC's brainwashing and manipulation and cut her some slack.

Oh there is zero comparison. She and TC were in the same age group as one another when they got together. He wasn't 35 years older. There's a difference. A massive incredible difference in the balance of power.

I say, after 30 years of marriage you know someone pretty well. TC was doing this right in front of her and she stuck her head in the sand.
When you live with someone who is a little off, you see signs, red flags, something.
I have to agree with others who pointed out that JC has been raising a man child. Bailing him out of every stupid thing he has done. Enabling him.
He just stuck the knife in a little deeper and twisted it this time.

I don't have much sympathy for her at all. I just can't. But, I do hope she is strong and smart enough to never fall for the BS that comes from a jail cell. They will say anything to manipulate you and if you don't answer they will have someone else contact you with their I love you messages. TC is a predator, he won't stop.

JMO
Was wondering if anybody else felt this way. I had my own experience with a cheater. At 19 I packed his crap and said goodbye toots! Time to be an adult. Still hard to understand why she's getting a pass after these last comments she said. She doesn't like someone accusing her, but doesn't think twice about slinging mud in the wrong direction...at the VICTIM. If this post gets deleted, I give up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I wonder if ET & her other siblings were in therapy in regards to the mother's physical abuse? They should of been IMO.

I also can't figure out if ET told her sibling to call the cops if she is not home by 6pm. Did that sib. ask her why? And what was the sibling supposed to tell the LE in that regard? What did ET think might happen to her if she said that about calling LE when she knew she was leaving home? It's all a bit odd to me.

I respectfully disagree; I feel that JC is indeed a victim. I can't bring myself to berate or bash her for her choice of words. She obviously hasn't fully processed everything and she's speaking of her own feelings. I just hope she doesn't do any more interviews for the time being. It's not healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's why I really feel JC needs to have the public take the gloves off. It's not supportive to allow her to delude herself into exonerating the person to blame. It's not healthy. JC clearly stated things that are meant to shame ET. JC is clearly feeling in competition with a child her husband raped. That's not healthy on any level, for JC, for ET for the families involved or the community at large. And I'd be more inclined to let it slide if JC weren't an educated woman with children of her own. If a 50 year old man had taken off with one of her children, she'd hardly brand her child as a homewrecker. That type of lashing out a child, a child, hits and it hits hard. If we cringe when we hear it, think about how ET must feel when she hears and then extrapolate that to the other children TC was grooming. I was so distressed to hear her refer to ET as an equal competitor for her husband's affection. Does anyone really think that a 15 year old child is in any way equal to a 50 year old woman? My gosh this poor child's life is just riddled with adults who can't seem to remember they're adults. I would never support a 50 year old woman to abuse a child, not physically, not emotionally and not verbally. Won't do it. And being a victim of the same abuser doesn't justify it.

Here's why I really feel JC needs to have the public take the gloves off. It's not supportive to allow her to delude herself into exonerating the person to blame. It's not healthy. JC clearly stated things that are meant to shame ET. JC is clearly feeling in competition with a child her husband raped. That's not healthy on any level, for JC, for ET for the families involved or the community at large. And I'd be more inclined to let it slide if JC weren't an educated woman with children of her own. If a 50 year old man had taken off with one of her children, she'd hardly brand her child as a homewrecker. That type of lashing out a child, a child, hits and it hits hard. If we cringe when we hear it, think about how ET must feel when she hears and then extrapolate that to the other children TC was grooming. I was so distressed to hear her refer to ET as an equal competitor for her husband's affection. Does anyone really think that a 15 year old child is in any way equal to a 50 year old woman? My gosh this poor child's life is just riddled with adults who can't seem to remember they're adults. I would never support a 50 year old woman to abuse a child, not physically, not emotionally and not verbally. Won't do it. And being a victim of the same abuser doesn't justify it.

For starters i hope neither you or anyone else ever have to find out what you would do in such a situation. And IMO i think she is royally pi**ed off right now and isn't thinking straight. That is why she needs to stay out of the media IMO.

It is certainly not healthy for ET. This lady's comments not only underscore the apparent Maury County perception of the young abuse victim as a scarlet-lettered home wrecker, they ADD to those perceptions and bolden them. IMO.

When you use words like "betrayal" and "romance" and say things like "she knew what she was destroying", you're laying the blame directly at the feet of an immature and confused teen victim of sexual abuse. It's horrible.

There's no confusion as to what those words mean. No need to put words in her mouth. Her words are bad enough. They support the attitude that ET is no victim. That she knew what she was doing. That she had every intent to steal someone's 50 year old husband and have him engage in repeated sexual contact with her while on the run and isolated from everyone and everything she ever knew.

As if a 15 year old child abuse could even begin to fathom the ramifications of her actions.

JC has every right to feel destroyed. But she has no right to add to the destruction of the primary victim of her predator husband. The legal victim of that person.

And her words absolutely have that effect.

My gosh it has been an incredible battle to have even fellow sleuthers see ET as a victim. Some have stated they feel more sorry for the adult JC than the tragic child in this case.

And the comments of the public in that town and across the country? Disgusting.

I hope ET and her family can move away from that county and even the state. JC's words are going to solidify the nastiness toward ET. IMO it's reprehensible. And there is no excuse.

Also, the focus being on what he did to HER (not ET or her family), evidenced through numerous statements, underscores this idea that it was star-crossed lovers running off to be together, rather than a crime.

I do have a lot of compassion for JC, but partly because she is misguided in this way.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think a big part of the reason JC is saying those things is because perhaps in some way that she was helping ET in taking her to church etc. she now feels betrayed by her? These people all had a relationship outside of the school, so JC is probably finding it hard to separate it all & see it for what it really is, that TC is a creeper, not just on ET but others as well, and that ET was the more willing victim, All IMO

JC is obviously brain washed, manipulated, controlled, and not her own person after thirty years with TC. A person with his personality has JC believing whatever he says is the way it is - he is the master puppeteer and she is his puppet!

Some women are so blindsided by their husbands because they have learned to live in a marriage that is far from ideal. For some, being married is living a "dream come true" and they won't allow themselves to see/accept problems in their marriage Some wives have been berated badly and have no self confidence to get out of a bad marriage. Who knows why many women stay in crazy marriages!

With JC having daughters, one would think she would relate to what a 15 year old girl's maturity level is and know immediately how dysfunctional her husband is! For her to utter the words of casting.blame on ET demonstrates to me how messed up her mind and thinking is - further evidence of how TC has conditioned the way she thinks.

My opinions only.

Finally, don't know why this is sooo hard for some to think about. JC is supposed to be a grown adult. You don't have to walk in her shoes to be objective. At 63 I have had many under my belt. I thought that's where common sense and maturity came in to play. Had a cheater and coworker cheater, kicked them both to the curb. Husband was on hospice for year and a half at home. Many have it much worse and you grow from these experiences...not tear all of those in your path. Maybe it depends upon how you are raised. No need to leave a bigger path of destruction.

Finally, don't know why this is sooo hard for some to think about. JC is supposed to be a grown adult. You don't have to walk in her shoes to be objective. At 63 I have had many under my belt. I thought that's where common sense and maturity came in to play. Had a cheater and coworker cheater, kicked them both to the curb. Husband was on hospice for year and a half at home. Many have it much worse and you grow from these experiences...not tear all of those in your path. Maybe it depends upon how you are raised. No need to leave a bigger path of destruction.

BBM, Oh i think there is a big path of destruction alright, and only one person has caused it, that being TC.

She did not "exonerate the person to blame." Far from it.

I think a big part of the reason JC is saying those things is because perhaps in some way that she was helping ET in taking her to church etc. she now feels betrayed by her? These people all had a relationship outside of the school, so JC is probably finding it hard to separate it all & see it for what it really is, that TC is a creeper, not just on ET but others as well, and that ET was the more willing victim, All IMO
"The more willing victim" strikes me as victim blaming. I think ET was merely the more *vulnerable* victim, MOO

I wonder if ET & her other siblings were in therapy in regards to the mother's physical abuse? They should of been IMO.

Yes, on Twitter, her dad said there was counseling when his wife got booted out. He also said he requested, and took, parenting classes.

"The more willing victim" strikes me as victim blaming. I think ET was merely the more *vulnerable* victim, MOO

Please don't misconstrue my words. The sheer fact ET is called a victim here says that she is a victim. The other girls were at 15 or younger just as vulnerable as ET, but TC chose to work more on her in grooming her etc. And that could also be because ET was part of the C's lives outside of school. All IMO.

Yes, on Twitter, her dad said there was counseling when his wife got booted out. He also said he requested, and took, parenting classes.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Just hadn't read anythig in msm about it.

Please don't misconstrue my words. The sheer fact ET is called a victim here says that she is a victim. The other girls were at 15 or younger just as vulnerable as ET, but TC chose to work more on her in grooming her etc. And that could also be because ET was part of the C's lives outside of school. All IMO.

How does that make her more willing?

How does that make her more willing?

Because she purposely left with him i guess, whereas the other girls he was trying to groom didn't. It didn't get that far with him for whatever reason. And there was a social media buildup for ET running away with her teacher. They shared love notes together for a while didn't they? They saw each other out of school hours too. TC saw her as an easy target.

(quote)
"As a parent, it's terrifying because he could've started grooming with her," said Parrish's mother, Ronni Edwards. "If Destany was a different kind of child, it could've been her. I trusted him with my child, and looking back, why didn't I see it? Maybe it was because I wasn't here and didn't see the actual relationship between them. I wish I had because if maybe I had seen it, something would have been different and Elizabeth wouldn't be where she is now. She would be at home safe."

Now the thought of Cummins, the man now accused of researching teenage marriage and running away with a vulnerable 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas, comes as shock.

"I want to know why? I want to know what went through his head to make him think any of this was OK," Parrish said. "It's hard to think that he'd do something like this, but then as close as we were it's really hard to lose that with someone, but no matter what happens it's never I don't want the relationship back.”
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

TC broke everyone's trust doing what he did. He is the one who fooled many people. There are a lot of victims he has left in his selfish delusional path. I hope they throw the book at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74