TX TX - Mark Davis, 20, College Station, 14 Jan 2007

Hey Neesaki. As you can see I am by no means a regular on this site. :)

Just to "set you straight", the first section of Loop 49 was completed in 2006. As I indicated in my post, the first segment went from Highway 69 (just about a half mile west of Mark's residence) west to Highway 155, was "newly opened", having been open on August 17th, 2006.

For reference, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_State_Highway_Loop_49

I hope in the future you do your research before declaring others' hypothesized scenarios "impossible" due to your lack of relevant knowledge on the subject.

Bump for one of the missing Tylerites.

:doh: You are so right, Samaritan, that section of the loop was completed then. Actually I didn't do any research on it, just general knowledge. My mistake was in forgetting the year Mark went missing, it was January '07 and I was thinking it was January '05 or '06. So thanks for setting the record straight, and I do think your theory is very possible. It's such a sad case for the family when one of theirs seems to vanish into thin air. :wave:

I totally agree, Neesaki. Very heartbreaking for the Davis family.

Bumping. Was thinking about Mark today. I hope he's in a tropical country enjoying the simple life.

Bumping. Was thinking about Mark today. I hope he's in a tropical country enjoying the simple life.

Do you know him? Is that what you believe? I keep thinking he just left as well. But would love to hear some kind of confirmation of that. TIA :seeya:

Do you know him? Is that what you believe? I keep thinking he just left as well. But would love to hear some kind of confirmation of that. TIA :seeya:

Don't know him, we just went to the same college and his disappearance has always stumped me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire via Tapatalk

Don't know him, we just went to the same college and his disappearance has always stumped me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire via Tapatalk

Thanks for your input. I just don't understand why nothing else has been reported as to his disappearance. It's been very, very quite for a very, very long time. It truly seems that no one's looking for him anymore. His family seems to have dropped the ball, so to speak. Unless they know something, and if that's the case they should come out with some sort of information so people aren't looking for him anymore. It's really sad. :(

Mark has been missing for 11 years.

Updated Charley Project link: http://charleyproject.org/case/mark-randall-davis

I just had a look at his pictures again, I noticed he smiles but his eyes do not.

Hello! I was living in Tyler when he dissappeared and I remember it vividly. I was actually in college at the same time too, going to the University there.

I will be returning this weekend.

I still google his name periodically to see if there are any developments, and there are none. Let me know if anyone has any questions about Tyler (I was raised there and lived there for the majority of my life) and the vicinity, and I may be able to answer some.

Just checking for updates and this is all I could find from May of this year.

MISSING IN EAST TEXAS: Mark Randall Davis - 10 years later

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/new...s-mark-randall-davis-10-years-later/710089822

Some facts make me believe he was moreso suicidal.

First of all, the note. It's only MOO but I feel like if you are simply leaving to someplace else, you wouldn't feel the need to leave a note. But if you are suicidal, you want to leave a note to make sure your parents actually think you are okay. Some type of subconscious thing (again, just MOO).

So he switched to Spanish but even after switching, he stopped going to his classes. This sounds to me like he thought maybe he was unhappy with his major and thinking switching would make him happy. But he still ended up unhappy even with switching to Spanish. He vanished the day before class was suppose to start. I think he was really dreading school.

That therapist he was seeing sounds like no help at all. Saying they didn't think it was "serious." You don't say that to a depressed person. I can see him feeling stuck and helpless if even your therapist isn't really helping you.

He bought "items" at Walmart (supposedly like a jacket or toboggan) the night before. They never found any of it.

Please forgive me for this morbid speculating (PURE speculating), I do not mean any disrespect. I notice Tyler has about three lakes near it. One very large to the southwest and two smaller to the southeast. It was "very cold" the night he went missing. Is it possible he rode his bikes to one of the lakes and submerged himself? I am not saying this is necessarily likely, I'm just wanting to discuss a possibility.

Once again, this is all MOO. I'm just thinking out loud.

No matter what I think personally or possibilities we discuss on here, none of us know what really happened, and we should all hold at least a bit of hope that Mark is out there somewhere and will come home eventually. I wish the best to his parents and family. It's wonderful they are keeping hope after all this time. :)

Does anyone remember a thread on Websleuths about an American man in Mexico who is homeless? Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook stating he was in a Mexican community, homeless. He appeared to have mental issues also. It was speculated he might be "so and so", but I cannot remember who or where on here I read about him.

Someone who can search well here might find it and see if it could be Mark.....

Does anyone remember a thread on Websleuths about an American man in Mexico who is homeless? Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook stating he was in a Mexican community, homeless. He appeared to have mental issues also. It was speculated he might be "so and so", but I cannot remember who or where on here I read about him.

Someone who can search well here might find it and see if it could be Mark.....

Would this be the thread you are remembering? Could this be him?
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ame&highlight=Homeless+American+living+Mexico

Hey Nanny! Thank you for that photo.

I will contact Tyler PD with the photo. Thank you!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back