TX - Multiple people stabbed on the campus of the University of Texas, one killed, 1 May 2017

attachment.php

Austin Police:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UTAustinPolice

UTAustinNews*@UTAustinNews

Media availability at 3:30 p.m. at @UTAustinPolice headquarters

22mUT Austin Police*@UTAustinPolice

Subject is in custody and there is no ongoing threat to the campus community. We'll provide new details as they unfold.

22mUT Austin Police*@UTAustinPolice

Unidentified suspect apprehended for stabbing two subjects and assaulting a one other. One of the victims died due to their wounds.

Attachments

• C-w5UUMXgAAJsnw.jpg
    C-w5UUMXgAAJsnw.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 270
Wow! There's a lot going on in Texas right now. My goodness! This is crazy. I'm so sorry for the victims, survivors, and witnesses of all of this.

Big thanks to the first responders and LE!

Stay safe, Websleuthers!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

(People have gone mad...or has it always been this way?)

(All this violence...mass shootings, stabbings....)

how frightening!
this is a very congested intersection on campus, dangerous to even cross at times :(

(As a teacher I'm growing more and more concerned about all of this stuff...)

(O/T, one of my friend's teenage sons threatened to shoot up the school the other day :( . The teacher had to turn him in. :( He has major depression and ADD....my heart is heavy with all this stuff...)

wow look at that knife the alleged perp has on his belt...

WTH? Why does he still have it? I would think they would remove his weapon(s).

Texas is having a bad day. A Dallas firefighter was ambushed and shot earlier. Looking now to see if there's a thread.

I just now heard about this from my son, who is a grad student at UT. He was just about to give a presentation when the class was cancelled. There is much more to this horrific attack and I hope the news media is on top of it. Praying for the families of these students and hoping that the police get to the bottom of it quickly. All my own opinion.

Texas is having a bad day. A Dallas firefighter was ambushed and shot earlier. Looking now to see if there's a thread.

I enlarged the pic and then asked my son, who carries a knife in a sheath, and we both agree there isn't a knife in the sheath. My son pointed out the clip that wraps around the handle to secure it, is unfastened. Also, when the pic is enlarged, you can see shadowing where the knife would go, indicating a "gap" which is where the knife goes in. I hope this makes sense.

I enlarged the pic and then asked my son, who carries a knife in a sheath, and we both agree there isn't a knife in the sheath. My son pointed out the clip that wraps around the handle to secure it, is unfastened. Also, when the pic is enlarged, you can see shadowing where the knife would go, indicating a "gap" which is where the knife goes in. I hope this makes sense.

thanks! I was freaked that it looked like he still had a knife on him!

(O/T, one of my friend's teenage sons threatened to shoot up the school the other day :( . The teacher had to turn him in. :( He has major depression and ADD....my heart is heavy with all this stuff...)
I'm afraid in today's world, he might actually follow through so I'm glad the teacher made the call. I hope he gets help and heals and can go on with a normal life in his future.

:grouphug:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ttack-university-of-texas-20170501-story.html

Police identified the suspect as 21-year-old Kendrex J. White.

University police Chief David Carter described the weapon as a "Bowie-style" hunting knife. He said the stabbings occurred within a one-block area as the attacker "calmly walked around the plaza."

White was an active member of the Black Health Professionals Organization student organization on campus, said Melody Adindu, the group's new president. She said White was passionate about his work and was "very interactive and easygoing."

Carter said White was confronted and arrested within two minutes of the first call to police and the situation was immediately under control. The campus siren wasn't used because there was no need for a lockdown to keep people in place, he said.

We do have a lot of bad days, yes. But we are also a big azz state. And we like guns and are not big on education funding. (I actually live slightly out-of-state now, but home is a neighbor)

However, this sounds far different than our more typical "shoot em up" or "affluenza" or "Waco" cray. MOO

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ttack-university-of-texas-20170501-story.html

Police identified the suspect as 21-year-old Kendrex J. White.

University police Chief David Carter described the weapon as a "Bowie-style" hunting knife. He said the stabbings occurred within a one-block area as the attacker "calmly walked around the plaza."

White was an active member of the Black Health Professionals Organization student organization on campus, said Melody Adindu, the group's new president. She said White was passionate about his work and was "very interactive and easygoing."

Carter said White was confronted and arrested within two minutes of the first call to police and the situation was immediately under control. The campus siren wasn't used because there was no need for a lockdown to keep people in place, he said.

Jesu Pete!!!

Just strolled about, stabbing people without any sense of urgency or panic or mania?

We do have a lot of bad days, yes. But we are also a big azz state. And we like guns and are not big on education funding. (I actually live slightly out-of-state now, but home is a neighbor)

However, this sounds far different than our more typical "shoot em up" or "affluenza" or "Waco" cray. MOO

When my daughter moved to Austin I told her "You're going to be living in the Wild West now!" and every weird or scary thing that came up we attributed to the ww.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back