NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

Jury Trial still ongoing through this week.

Again, very surprised there's no local coverage at all yet.

Still on trial with appearances scheduled for the rest of this week. Still nada for news.

Still on trial with appearances scheduled for the rest of this week. Still nada for news.

Wow! Surprising. Thanks for the updates, Marble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No local news papers or stations are covering this at all.. i havent found a courtroom reporter either. Very strange.. maybe a contact to long island press could get them to cover it.. im surprised kolker or bolger hasnt followed it.

I don't have a newsday subscription (*cries*)
But this opening paragraph from the first day of the trial lays out the defense:

"The attorney for the Manorville carpenter on trial for killing two women more than 20 years ago suggested to a jury Wednesday that two police officers may have been the real killers.

Perhaps that explains why Suffolk police over the years have destroyed all the physical evidence collected from the crime scenes and the officers, William Keahon said in his opening statement."

Hmm. At the least we may have a few more SCPD rocks turned over when all of this is said and done.

edited to add link: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...e-man-accused-of-killing-two-women-1.13562114

I don't have a newsday subscription (*cries*)
But this opening paragraph from the first day of the trial lays out the defense:

"The attorney for the Manorville carpenter on trial for killing two women more than 20 years ago suggested to a jury Wednesday that two police officers may have been the real killers.

Perhaps that explains why Suffolk police over the years have destroyed all the physical evidence collected from the crime scenes and the officers, William Keahon said in his opening statement."

Hmm. At the least we may have a few more SCPD rocks turned over when all of this is said and done.

edited to add link: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...e-man-accused-of-killing-two-women-1.13562114
I am at an impasse in regards to john bittrolfs guilt. I don't understand how and why law enforcement can single him out when there were other DNA contributions found on the murder victims. Anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am at an impasse in regards to john bittrolfs guilt. I don't understand how and why law enforcement can single him out when there were other DNA contributions found on the murder victims. Anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

His DNA is on both...I would imagine that none of the other contributors were

JB attorney will throw it all out there. He will say its possible POI in other cases might be responsible. JB did make comments during questioning that his attorney tried to get thrown out. The judge said no.

I want to know why Murphy was a suspect (sounds like we aren't going to find out) and if he was Burke's partner.

Does anyone know of a Twitter link that's reporting on this trial?

The latest article from newsday that came up in a google search was visible to me without needing to log-in.

A couple of things- the victims were posed on their backs with their legs spread, and one arm over their heads.
Bittrolff's dna was found in semen on both bodies
Any of the wood chips that we've heard about the victims being covered in were not visible at all in any of the crime photos, so that part is a little odd. They may have had traces of wood chips on their bodies, but it appears they weren't scattered with them in large amounts.
edited to add: or the woodchips were removed for some reason before photos were taken, which may be where the defense is going with this.

here's some info about one of the police officers the defense is referencing:

"In the years since the killings, the Suffolk Police Department destroyed the wood chips collected from both crime scenes, without ever photographing them. The department also destroyed wood shavings collected from the police car used by then-Sgt. Michael Murphy — since promoted to lieutenant — who was a suspect in the killings in 1998.

Keahon suggested in his opening statement that police did that to protect Murphy, who was the son of Thomas Murphy, the department’s chief of detectives at the time."

article link: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...about-finding-woman-s-body-in-1994-1.13567716

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back