TX - Multiple people stabbed on the campus of the University of Texas, one killed, 1 May 2017

there is a guard stand, monitoring cars entering the area, really close to the crime scene. i think this contributed to the quick apprehension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesu Pete!!!

Just strolled about, stabbing people without any sense of urgency or panic or mania?

(And the other guy was drinking a beer at the pool, beer in one hand, gun in the other....)

(And the other guy was drinking a beer at the pool, beer in one hand, gun in the other....)

Wait what guy? I thought the attacker had a knife? Who had beer in a pool? I'm confused. I thought this all happened on campus near the gym. Was it an aquatic center?

Wait what guy? I thought the attacker had a knife? Who had beer in a pool? I'm confused. I thought this all happened on campus near the gym. Was it an aquatic center?

no that was another attack today....san diego had the shooter in a bar with a beer, at a pool party and shot some people.

no that was another attack today....san diego had the shooter in a bar with a beer, at a pool party and shot some people.

Sorry my bad for not being more clear, that was a tired post on my part. Half asleep..thanks for explaining, kantoo.

Sorry my bad for not being more clear, that was a tired post on my part. Half asleep..thanks for explaining, kantoo.

Haha no worries. So much crazy hard to keep up. I hadn't heard of this in San Diego. Will have to read about it,

The man suspected of stabbing four people at the University of Texas, one fatally, suffered from mental health troubles and had been involuntarily committed for treatment in another city, authorities said Tuesday.

[...]

White, 21, who was enrolled at the Austin campus, was armed with a large hunting knife. He was described by former classmates as intelligent and easygoing and was active in a student group for black professionals.

[...]

An administrator with the Graham school district, northwest of Fort Worth, identified the person who was killed as Harrison Brown, who graduated from the high school there before enrolling at the university. The district said in a statement that Brown "was an inspiration to everyone around him."
<snip> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...of-texas-stabbings-motive-20170502-story.html

Okay. A few years ago I asked about the mental health resources available to college students in the wake of some student suicides. They had been required by the universities to take a break from their studies, but people seemed defensive of the universities when I asked about treatment offered by the universities and follow up. School can be very stressful. Obviously, someone was aware of White's mental problems in Central Texas and he received treatment. Did the university not know about this? Was there no one to ensure he received mental health services at U of Tex and/or in the Austin community?

I'm not criticizing the schools...just wondering what services are available and if university officials have a way of screening applicants for MI issues before they're enrolled and ensuring they receive the needed services.

MOO

Jason Allen&#8207;Verified account @CBS11JasonAllen 51m51 minutes agoMore
Graham high school has 3 awards every year, Class Favorite, Mr. GHS, Best all-around boy. Harrison won all 3

Jason Allen&#8207;Verified account @CBS11JasonAllen 49m49 minutes agoMore
He was in band, theater, choir, drama, 1-act, student council, worked at a local restaurant

Ran track and cross country and practiced on his own because he didn't have time to fit it in otherwise

When the new band director arrived last year, Harrison was one of the first to greet him over the summer, offer his help in any way

Jason Allen&#8207;Verified account @CBS11JasonAllen 45m45 minutes agoMore
His engineering teacher was in tears at school today. So were current students, former classmates who drove overnight to come home today

Graham Hs usually has about 700 students. Just over 500 today the principal told me.

Jason Allen&#8207;Verified account @CBS11JasonAllen 43m43 minutes agoMore
School colors are blue and red but today kids in Graham are wearing UT orange

Every kid I talked to, felt like Harrison was their friend. Every kid.

Jason Allen&#8207;Verified account @CBS11JasonAllen 51m51 minutes agoMore
Graham high school has 3 awards every year, Class Favorite, Mr. GHS, Best all-around boy. Harrison won all 3

He was in band, theater, choir, drama, 1-act, student council, worked at a local restaurant

Ran track and cross country and practiced on his own because he didn't have time to fit it in otherwise

When the new band director arrived last year, Harrison was one of the first to greet him over the summer, offer his help in any way

His engineering teacher was in tears at school today. So were current students, former classmates who drove overnight to come home today

Graham Hs usually has about 700 students. Just over 500 today the principal told me.

School colors are blue and red but today kids in Graham are wearing UT orange

Every kid I talked to, felt like Harrison was their friend. Every kid.

He sounds like a very loved, accomplished, hard working & well rounded young man. RIP Jason. It sound like this world lost a really great guy.

UT stabbing suspect Kendrex White speaks with KPRC2 from jail - May 9th

"I walked around campus a little bit, just kind of enjoying the ambiance. It was weird because no one noticed me," White said.

He said he almost felt invisible. No one acknowledged him, even after he pulled out the knife.

"I pulled out my knife. My heart started beating really fast and no one moved and then I struck a table and no one acknowledged that I did that. They kept going on with their conversations," White said.

He told KPRC2 he has no memory of stabbing anyone. It was like a dream to him.

UT stabbing suspect Kendrex White indicted for murder, new charges - July 17th

The criminal case against University of Texas stabbing suspect Kendrex White is clear to proceed after a Travis County grand jury indicted him Monday on four felony charges, including three new ones, according to top assistant Mindy Montford of the district attorney’s office.

White, 21, is now charged with three counts of aggravated assault for injuring three students when he allegedly went on a stabbing spree on campus on May 1. He also was indicted for murder in the death of 19-year-old student Harrison Brown.

UT stabbing suspect never the same after crash, parents say - May 10th

Judge says Kendrex White 'competent' to stand trial, 'sanity' exam may come later - June 9th

Mother of UT stabbing victim goes to court to see accused attacker

Brown had expected White to be arraigned on four counts — murder and three charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. But the purpose of the hearing was for attorneys to clean up pending matters in the case, including putting off a trial date until sometime next year.

A follow-up hearing was set for Sept. 21, and prosecutors say they will seek permission to appoint a psychiatrist to evaluate White. White has been evaluated by doctors appointed by the judge and by his defense team, but not by the state. He has been found competent to stand trial. Legal experts consulted by the Statesman say White’s attorneys are likely preparing a defense of not guilty by insanity.

KXAN in May reported that as he was dying he asked a passer-by to get his mom on the phone. He had just hung up with her three minutes earlier.

Brown would have turned 20 on Sept. 17. His mom said it will be a tough day, but that she has a large circle of friends who have also lent support since her husband’s June 5 death. A little more than a month after her son’s death, Dr. Kurt Brown died after a long battle with ALS.

UT stabbing suspect will not be tested for mental health at this time

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/stabbing-suspect-will-not-tested-for-mental-health-this-time/osrqxqi16frTAolCCJxQCN/

For the second time, the judge in the University of Texas stabbing case denied prosecutors’ request to appoint a psychiatrist to evaluate murder defendant Kendrex White for mental health.

In denying the state’s motion, Judge Tamara Needles said she was concerned with upholding White’s Fifth Amendment rights that protect him from making statements that could weaken his case.

UT stabbing victim Stuart Bayliss faces his alleged attacker in court

Man linked to UT stabbing attack says he was insane at the time

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/crime--law/man-linked-stabbing-attack-says-was-insane-the-time/k4X6WdkysCMxaGD5PBFj3L/

A former University of Texas student charged with murder in connection with a campus stabbing attack last spring says he was insane at the time and therefore should receive alternative punishment instead of prison.

The recent court filing ends months of speculation by revealing that Kendrex White’s lawyers intend to present evidence for a defense of not guilty by reason of insanity. It’s an argument that is rarely accepted in Travis County, but it could be White’s only path to avoid a lengthy sentence behind bars.

In rare ruling, Kendrex White found not guilty by reason of insanity

Two psychiatrists who evaluated former University of Texas student Kendrex White after he fatally stabbed a fellow student and wounded three others reached the same conclusion and determined he suffered from a mental illness that was so severe at the time of the May 2017 attack that it prevented him from discerning right from wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back