Found Deceased IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one creepy picture.
Yeah...and the way he walks seems creepy.
Look at where his shoulders are in relation to his chin. His shoulders appear to be shrugged up VERY high as he walks!

Sent from my Commodore 64

In the lighter colored BG pic does he look like he's got his hoodie up over his hair or is that a camo cap? Because in the gif pics it looks like he doesn't have a hoodie up then in the other 2 there looks to be a hoodie over his head. If he didn't at first have a hoodie up when LG was videoing him when did he put it up over his head? Was there another sequence in the video that LG made but LE left that frame out for whatever reason? Maybe I'm seeing things wrong?
I agree with your observations. LE has most likely removed some frames between these images, for whatever reason....frames that could possibly show him adjusting his hoodie.

Imo

Why does the scanner do it? Just curious.
Half-tone patterns are how you get various brightnesses of color (or black) when printing. So the half-tone pattern is a printing induced effect. Then, we a half-toned printed image is scanned by a scanner, there is a chance for what is called "aliasing" which is a mis-match between the size of the scanning elements and halftone pattern spacing (aka. Moire pattern).

two good quick reads are the wikipedia pages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halftone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern

this figure shows halftone pattern example from Wikipedia page:
attachment.php

an example of a aliased image showing a Moire pattern is here:
attachment.php

the image of the boats showing aliasing is from:
https://tcf.ua.edu/Classes/Jbutler/T389/graphics01.html

Attachments

• halftone.PNG
    halftone.PNG
    27.5 KB · Views: 489
  • al.PNG
    al.PNG
    193.1 KB · Views: 494
Another comparison pic. I didn't try enhancing them, but wanted to see the 3 of them together hoping it'll help see what features they do have in common. If something looks the same, or similar, in all 3, there's a good chance that it's accurate. MOO
Combo.jpg

Yeah...and the way he walks seems creepy.
Look at where his shoulders are in relation to his chin. His shoulders appear to be shrugged up VERY high as he walks!

A real "Freddie Kruger" unmasked. Pure evil.

Another comparison pic. I didn't try enhancing them, but wanted to see the 3 of them together hoping it'll help see what features they do have in common. If something looks the same, or similar, in all 3, there's a good chance that it's accurate. MOO
attachment.php

It sure appears there are some frames missing, especially between 2 and 3, just by looking at his feet. IMHO. Or, perhaps, 3, 1 and 2?

It sure appears there are some frames missing, especially between 2 and 3, just by looking at his feet. IMHO. Or, perhaps, 3, 1 and 2?

Looking at just him, that's what I think too. It's not quite the same when the background is included. To me, it still looks like the same basic pattern, but 1 looks like he was the furthest from the phone/camera. MOO

In the moving images....i see his left arm behind his back holding something long ,,,maybe a bat or long gun...sticks out at top of his left side . Almost like he is trying to hide something.

Bringing this post over from the main thread, originally posted April 2nd, in case anybody is interested in looking at it again .

I have been working with the pictures of BG over the last few days. I think I made a discovery that has changed the picture, for me anyway, and after much trepidation I decided to share it with you. LE said that they "created" a picture from video and I was actually working with the pictures for a different reason when I saw the following.

See where the line is? That is an actual change in the pixels (?) that separates the face. The part of the face to the right of the line is higher than the left and appears to be pulling away (from movement?). So with the face not lining up, if you follow the line up, it now makes sense, imo, why the "hat" is so tall on the right side (higher). So, I duplicated the picture and cropped the right part of the face. I lined it up to match the left side. Here's how it turned out.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The end results:

attachment.php

Looking at these pictures I still believe the white thing coming out of his coat up by his chin are the handles of a plastic bag like one u get at cvs.
He has the ends sticking out easier to grab.....if he has to.

I re-created the animated GIF of the 3 BG images, but instead of display in normal RGB, I did a color transform to YCbCr color space. The reason being, most JPG images are compressed and stored in YCbCr color space. Y is the b/w intensity, Cb and Cr are 'chroma' or color axes that define the color.

attachment.php

I contrast stretched the two chroma (Cb and Cr) images by a factor of 2.5 for better display, but left the Y image along.

ALSO: I have no idea what the small points in the Cb and Cr images are due to . I haven't seen that before that I can recall.

Attachments

• y_walk.gif
    y_walk.gif
    252.1 KB · Views: 668
That is amazing! Great job!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I re-created the animated GIF of the 3 BG images, but instead of display in normal RGB, I did a color transform to YCbCr color space. The reason being, most JPG images are compressed and stored in YCbCr color space. Y is the b/w intensity, Cb and Cr are 'chroma' or color axes that define the color.

attachment.php

I contrast stretched the two chroma (Cb and Cr) images by a factor of 2.5 for better display, but left the Y image along.

ALSO: I have no idea what the small points in the Cb and Cr images are due to . I haven't seen that before that I can recall.

This is great work. I do wonder how this guy has not been identified, especially if he is a local. He does look like Every Man in the area though. Hope LE is closing in, and thanks to WebSight for working overtime on this case.

ETA: And thanks to michael as well. ❤️

Wow!! I am beginning to think these images have been analyzed more than the Zapruder film.
I wish we had some of the video footage, or at the very least many more still frames to look at.

Are the pics in the gif in the right order? Wanting to be sure the step away from the side of the bridge is recorded correctly. TIA.

ETA: I think this is the right order. Sorry!

Someone mentioned on the main thread in the last few weeks that they could possibly see a skull style face mask/bandana. As soon as I read that I realized that was exactly what I was seeing but hadn't been able to fully visualize until it was pointed out. Of course this is all just MOO.

I've watched the animated images our wonderful sleuthers created and I feel like the movement from image 1 to image 2 supports a fabric half face bandana.

Here is an example of the type of face bandana I see. Traditionally worn by bikers but of course not limited to them.

[snipped for space]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's what it looks like to me too. Attached are a few more images for comparison.

Skull Half Face Bandana
Used by bikers, cyclists, military, hunters; can wear as a scarf, bandana or mask

Attachments

• Skull Half Face Bandana.pdf
    177.2 KB · Views: 49

attachment.php

I'm sorry I just don't understand what you mean by the "small points?"

089acf6f3963bb62d18d81f24de53ca5.jpg

WOW!!! You are ALL amazing!!! The things you see and the knowledge you have is amazing!!! I'm almost hesitant to post my thoughts, they almost seem silly compared to what you all have brought to the table with these pictures. I have 2 things to say about the pictures.
1. I just realized what I think the white thing at the bottom of his jacket is. For a long time I agreed that it was probably a watch. But now I am thinking its the bottom of a plastic bag...think medium size target bag. I think the white thing sticking out the top is the handle and the white sticking out the bottom is the bottom part of the bag. I just tried this at home with a reusable plastic Shaws grocery bag and sure enough it looked the same! Just another idea to throw out there.
2. I have always wondered what the maroon piece is that is hanging out of the bottom of his jacket is. It's a different color than the brown "fanny pack" and hangs close to the white thing. I tried to circle it in the picture. I know it's most likely not it but it has always bothered me that it is the same color as the shirt Abby was wearing that day.
The day can not come soon enough that this monster is caught!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I get halftoning, but am confused as I thought you said the halftoning was evident in the metadata? And I thought you said they probably wouldn't have used halftoning in print unless for artistic purposes.

Like I said, I'm not a print person, I'm probably just confusing the point.

EDIT: maybe I get it now...I was thinking the halftoning was something a photo editor would apply prior to printing (as one of your steps of preparation) but you're saying the printer does the halftoning?

This is enough to put most people to sleep, I realize, lol. Sorry about that.

Half-tone patterns are how you get various brightnesses of color (or black) when printing. So the half-tone pattern is a printing induced effect. Then, we a half-toned printed image is scanned by a scanner, there is a chance for what is called "aliasing" which is a mis-match between the size of the scanning elements and halftone pattern spacing (aka. Moire pattern).

two good quick reads are the wikipedia pages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halftone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern

this figure shows halftone pattern example from Wikipedia page:
attachment.php

an example of a aliased image showing a Moire pattern is here:
attachment.php

the image of the boats showing aliasing is from:
https://tcf.ua.edu/Classes/Jbutler/T389/graphics01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online