Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one has been on my heart since it was posted. As a community, I'd love to see us be able to do something tangible to help find Janell rather than speculate about her mom. I totally get why we speculate, and I'm not excluding myself here, but I'm not sure it's useful (or kind).

Instead, maybe we could work on facts and maybe network a bit? Is anyone following this thread from the area? I wonder if we could help point LE to friends and places - any ideas? Additionally, how do we widen media coverage? I'm so frustrated that this isn't being covered widely. A Facebook search brings up 4 -- only FOUR-- articles. I know there are more, even linked here, but it isn't even being covered out of the immediate region.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, and I'm sure not meaning to wag my finger at anyone, just want to use this great community to find this poor girl. I just feel in my gut we can help here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bumping for you Janell - you don;t deserve any of this and you need to be found safe. Where are you?...

This one has been on my heart since it was posted. As a community, I'd love to see us be able to do something tangible to help find Janell rather than speculate about her mom. I totally get why we speculate, and I'm not excluding myself here, but I'm not sure it's useful (or kind).

Instead, maybe we could work on facts and maybe network a bit? Is anyone following this thread from the area? I wonder if we could help point LE to friends and places - any ideas? Additionally, how do we widen media coverage? I'm so frustrated that this isn't being covered widely. A Facebook search brings up 4 -- only FOUR-- articles. I know there are more, even linked here, but it isn't even being covered out of the immediate region.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, and I'm sure not meaning to wag my finger at anyone, just want to use this great community to find this poor girl. I just feel in my gut we can help here.

Great point! I was a little concerned that Mom's statements could influence how LE has responded. But now based on a social media interview the mom did, I have a slightly different perspective and context.

I hope that Janelle is found soon.

LATANIA CARWELL, Age Now: 16, Missing: 04/17/2017. Missing From AUGUSTA, GA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Richmond County Sheriff's Office (Georgia) 1-706-821-1080.

More...

[h=1]Kidnapping Warrant Issued For Stepfather Of Missing Georgia Teen[/h]“My niece is the victim,” Carwell tells NewsOne. “This girl has no resources and no money. [Latania] didn’t catch a taxi or an Uber or drive herself off. It’s not in her character to run off. Even if [Tripp’s] weird story were true, he put her in jeopardy by bringing her out the house that early in the morning.”

https://newsone.com/3709429/leon-lamar-tripp-kidnapping-warrant-16-year-old-latania-janelle-carwell/

"Family offers reward, pleas for return of missing teen and stepdad"

"...
The past 11 days have been hard for the mother of 16-year-old LaTania Carwell.

'I’m not eating. I’m not sleeping. I’m just worried about my family,' said Tanya Tripp, LaTania’s mother. 'If y’all see them please call authorities and help my family get home.'
'I got her because you’re sick and he said I didn’t want to bother you so I asked our daughter would she go and help me find Maurice,' Tripp said, adding that she had cancer and a few other illnesses. 'He said he had a call from a friend who was stuck on the side of the road in Clarks Hill.'

Tripp said family calls her daughter by her middle name, Janell. The T.W. Josey Comprehensive High School sophomore has earned several awards for her school work and her uncle said he knows she’s a good kid, looking into the medical field.

'She knows how to cook, clean. [She is] Very well groomed. Very well spoken. She’s smart. I just believe she’s in a situation where she can’t get on the phone and call uncle, mom or some kind of relative,' Charles Carwell told us. 'By now, she would have reached out or walked in the door on her own by now.'

Carwell is Tanya Tripp’s brother and he said he isn’t sold on the reason why Janell and her stepdad left.

'It’s almost as if it was premeditated because this girl goes missing on her 16th birthday. How she was brought out the house just doesn’t sit well with me.
'
The family is hoping media in the Atlanta area picks up the story too because that is where the family said the cell phones last appeared. Tripp said her husband has family there too.

Carwell added there is a $500 reward for anyone offering information that will help bring the pair home."
(BBM)
http://wjbf.com/2017/04/28/family-offers-reward-pleas-for-return-of-missing-teen-and-stepdad/

I find it interesting that it's the mom's brother who is saying that (i.e., the BBM part). It sounds like he is the logical, more level-headed one. The mom, on the other hand ... :thinking:.

BBM

How is a 16 yr old girl going to 'help' him find his alleged friend's broken down truck? That excuse makes no sense.

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there---but when I look at that particular picture of the two of them, I see 2 people pretending to be 'a couple.' When I look in her eyes, I don't see a girl posing with her stepfather---I saw a girl that has been lured and tricked emotionally...

And I see him smirking and I want to slap the smirk off his face...Ahem....

I had a similar thought looking at this pic: if they look like this in public, nobody will realize that this is not a "normal" couple, they may be hard to spot.

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there---but when I look at that particular picture of the two of them, I see 2 people pretending to be 'a couple.' When I look in her eyes, I don't see a girl posing with her stepfather---I saw a girl that has been lured and tricked emotionally...

And I see him smirking and I want to slap the smirk off his face...Ahem....

I have a fb friend, her daughter & husband (daughter's stepdad) take pictures like this & other poses too, that I personally feel are VERY inappropriate. I know my husband, being my teenage girls stepdad, has NEVER & wouldn't ever, take pictures with them in these same kinda "poses" & my husband has been in the picture since my girls were 4 & 5, now 13 & 14, they are comfortable around each other & love each other like a normal parent/child relationship. But some of the things the mom, my fb friend, says about how her husband rarely invites her (mom) anywhere but always asks her 16 year old daughter to go here & there makes me wonder if stepdad is more interested in the daughter than he is the mom. And when I, or other people, say something about it or bring it to her attention, she defends her husband & pretty much blames her daughter for ALL her marital issues, it really makes me sick & infuriates the he11 outta me!!!!
It really reminds me SO MUCH of Janelle's case, I think if she went willingly it was definitely because she had been groomed by stepdad & with mom having cancer & "other illnesses", she actually never noticed or just turned a blind eye to it & made herself believe it wasn't happening or that it was normal stepdad/stepdaughter behavior.

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

BBM

How is a 16 yr old girl going to 'help' him find his alleged friend's broken down truck? That excuse makes no sense.

And it's not like she is 6 years old and needs constant attention.

I have only just tripped over this thread. First thought - on second thought I will keep mum except for these two things:

I am very worried for this young lady

This case needs more attention stat. Someone above suggested that members can help with that goal. They can use their social media (FB Twitter IG etc) to spread the word about LaTania (Janelle). They can followup with media who has reported on the case expressing interest on updates which in turn lets the news orgs know that people want such updates and may spur them to continue or update their coverage. I will be doing this and more to try to help spread better awareness that Janelle is missing and something ain't right here.

Mama is in deep, utter denial. :sigh:

Now we see how easy some predators can become part of a household with mom 'never knowing' anything about it. Verbally, she is pushing a normal father-daughter relationship between a minor and adult who have known each other less than two years. Sick. And that comment,"All my other kids go off with their fathers." This man is not her father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member