Law Enforcement Searches/AJ's Remains Located

Re: the homicidal violence. Possible this was an initial finding, until tox came back and revealed the heroin poisoning, but... there had to be some pretty obvious indications on her body (cuts, bruising, something) for the ME to make that initial finding. It's been 2 years so I don't really recall the minor details but I don't recall ever hearing or reading "homicidal violence" before now.

Re: the homicidal violence. Possible this was an initial finding, until tox came back and revealed the heroin poisoning, but... there had to be some pretty obvious indications on her body (cuts, bruising, something) for the ME to make that initial finding. It's been 2 years so I don't really recall the minor details but I don't recall ever hearing or reading "homicidal violence" before now.

I would assume by the time the body was found it was rather decomposed, making something outside of severe trauma difficult to find. It could also be an assumption, given that she was 18 years old and otherwise healthy.

I would assume by the time the body was found it was rather decomposed, making something outside of severe trauma difficult to find. It could also be an assumption, given that she was 18 years old and otherwise healthy.

I could be wrong of course, but it doesn't seem like an ME would just make an assumption and put down "homicidal violence" on the report. It seems to me there had to be some pretty solid evidence that indicated AJ suffered something traumatic. :(

I could be wrong of course, but it doesn't seem like an ME would just make an assumption and put down "homicidal violence" on the report. It seems to me there had to be some pretty solid evidence that indicated AJ suffered something traumatic. :(

"determined she died from "homicidal violence,"

Definition of determined
: having reached a decision : firmly resolved

I agree with Mom. Homicide is not a word easily thrown around (at least it shouldn't be). It carries a lot of weight. The duct tape may come into play. Just wondering why we were never told this before? Why now?

I agree with Mom. Homicide is not a word easily thrown around (at least it shouldn't be). It carries a lot of weight. The duct tape may come into play. Just wondering why we were never told this before? Why now?

And could they determine what day he was there for twenty minutes?

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html

5/4/2017

Norfolk
GPS data from Wesley Hadsell's van led homicide detectives right to his stepdaughter's body two years ago, according to court documents released today.

Anjelica “AJ” Hadsell, 18, disappeared March 2, 2015, and nearly three weeks later, police seized Wesley Hadsell’s 2004 Chevy Astro van, then-detective Joshua Hathaway said in a court document.

Hadsell told detectives he was the only person who had access to the van.

Police found a shovel, a roll of duct tape and black work gloves in the back, Hathaway said at the time. They analyzed the GPS unit inside the van, which revealed the van was behind an abandoned residence in Franklin for about 20 minutes.

(modsnip).

Wow. There's a LOT more info in this article than what has been previously released to the public. This still doesn't make sense:

Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from "homicidal violence," according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”

How can there be two COD's? Someone smarter than me will need to explain this.

12:16: The 7-Eleven surveillance footage shows his work van going north on Halprin Drive.

12:51: Hadsell’s boss texted him: “Where are you?”

1:27: Hadsell’s van goes south past the 7-Eleven.

1:38: Hadsell sends a text to his boss: “My daughter met me, needed money.”

He told police that during this span, he received an alert from a phone app tied to the security system for the Millard Street house. The app notified him the front door had been opened and closed between 1:40 and 2 p.m. It was opened and closed again a few minutes later when his other stepdaughter came home and found no one else inside.

Hadsell’s coworker said he came back to the job site around 2 p.m., was highly agitated, asked for the rest of the day off and left.

Two days later, his van traveled 60 miles to the outskirts of Franklin, less than a mile from the North Carolina border, and right to the ditch where AJ Hadsell’s body would be found more than a month later.

I hate to say it, but this reads as if AJ's body was in that van for 2 days before he dumped her at the house in Franklin.

I hope there will be justice for AJ. Heroin poisoning could be done by someone else. I wonder they are just hoping for more information to come about from others. Did any of her friends ever say she did heroin?

That man is an awful pig for letting her sit out in the elements for so long.

Per this report, Wesley Hadell is currently being held in the state of Ohio for a rape case from 12 years ago.

http://delgazette.com/news/53376/rape-trial-delayed-to-may-after-attorney-asks-the-case-be-dismissed

POSTED ON MARCH 23, 2017 BY DELAWARE GAZETTE
Rape trial delayed to May after attorney asks the case be dismissed
NEWS, TOP STORIES

By Glenn Battishill - gbattishill@delgazette.com

Wesley Hadsell

A trial has been set for a former Delaware County resident charged in connection with a nearly 12-year-old rape case.

Top Searches
Ted Lewis
Indictments
Wesley Paul Hadsell, 38, formerly of Delaware, was scheduled to appear in Delaware County Common Pleas Court on March 28 to stand trial for two counts of rape, which are first-degree felonies; a charge of kidnapping, a first-degree felony; and a charge of felonious assault, a second-degree felony.

However, the trial was delayed to May 16 after several motions were filed in the case.

Prosecutors said last year that this case is a re-indictment of a case from 2005. Court documents from the 2005 case allege on Aug. 21, 2005, Hadsell restrained, raped and physically harmed a woman.

(modsnip)

Hadsell is currently in the Delaware County Jail awaiting his hearing and trial.

Glenn Battishill can be reached at 740-413-0903 or on Twitter @BattishillDG.

I can't wrap my head around why this guy has not been arrested for AJ's death.

It sounds like they might be waiting until after the trial in Ohio to file charges in Virginia, according to the update.

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_74469250-1073-554a-ad44-137709e7c935.html

Wow.

But in this article; The M.E mentioned 2 different types of death which is confusing and hopefully they clear this up. Jmo.

Per the article.

Medical Examiner Wendy Gunther determined she died from "homicidal violence," according to court documents. Publicly, Gunther said Hadsell died from acute heroin poisoning and listed the manner as “undetermined.”

Wow.

But in this article; The M.E mentioned 2 different types of death which is confusing and hopefully they clear this up. Jmo.

Per the article.

I hope they clear that up, too. Do they mean that it was heroin that ultimately killed her, but there were other signs of ways the person was trying to kill her? I have never heard of them publicly releasing one thing, but believing another in terms of how someone died.

Could homicidal violence be the manner of death not the cause? Maybe they changed the manner after further or pending investigation since it was previously undetermined. Sometimes news stations get things wrong and manner and COD I'm sure it would be easy to do.

Here's an interesting ready that specifically mentions cause of death could be tricky when it comes to heroin because a person's death from a drug can still be considered multiple ways.
http://ocwriters.network/2017/03/10/cause-manner-death/

Wow. There's a LOT more info in this article than what has been previously released to the public. This still doesn't make sense:

How can there be two COD's? Someone smarter than me will need to explain this.

Maybe, Hadsell killed her first ( homicidal violence) and he wasnt sure if he killed her and injected her with heroin to make sure she wasnt going anywhere. I hate typing this :( But , I do believe he's reponsible for both, I do NOT believe AJ did heroin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back