IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard not to go completely off rail (which is easy to do with a lingering case like this one) with no new information from the investigators coming forth.

Consider the facts and try not to speculate with outlandish scenarios.

Either someone knew the girls would be there, or it was a random crime of opportunity.

I don't envy the job the investigators have to do to sort that paradigm out either way.

In the meantime, the best work online sleuths can do at this point is sorting out the only clues available- the pictures and the voice.

Well.. there we have it...500 POIs...that is so very depressing... all it says to me is they have not a clue who he is. I hope I'm wrong, but at 3 months out, we have nothing, and over 500, FIVE HUNDRED!!! POSSIBLE PEOPLE OF INTEREST. my god.

I wonder if 500 poi is reporting error.

Here a very recent news report says this:
"With over 17,000 tips and evidence being tested, Leazenby says this is no cold case. A reward now offers around around $250,000 for info that leads to an arrest, something the girls' families and police are counting on......

Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police says they have about 500 tips remaining, and they investigate around 20 to 30 tips a day."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

Late to the party as usually~~~LOL

Misty~~I posted it in the image thread the other day. If you search that thread you'll come across it.

Thank you very much! I'm in pursuit of the link as well and I'll check that out.

With still having location significance fresh on my mind....I'm still curious about the south side of deer creek and the road that turns into a private drive going under the bridge back to the house. Locals have rumored to say that the couple that lived there were snow birds. Which makes me wonder how many people would notice a vehicle parked along that gravel road in the middle of a normal work day? Also it seems that it kinda winds in between trees which would give some cover for BG vehicle. I guess what I am saying is that wouldn't it be difficult for someone to spot it without actually driving on that stone drive it would seem? What can we gleam from it if he was parked there and not on the cemetery side? Would a local be more likely to know about the private drive along the creek? Would a stranger have been more likely to have parked at the trailhead/cemetery? Why all the LE vehicles parked on the private stone drive? Would BG have been more or less likely to get away without being seen by potential witnesses on the private drive on the south or the cemetery road on the north?
Just some thoughts and ?s floating in my head ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could very well envision a predator preferring to park on the abandoned side of the bridge in order to observe from a distance without the chances of being spotted....imo

With still having location significance fresh on my mind....I'm still curious about the south side of deer creek and the road that turns into a private drive going under the bridge back to the house. Locals have rumored to say that the couple that lived there were snow birds. Which makes me wonder how many people would notice a vehicle parked along that gravel road in the middle of a normal work day? Also it seems that it kinda winds in between trees which would give some cover for BG vehicle. I guess what I am saying is that wouldn't it be difficult for someone to spot it without actually driving on that stone drive it would seem? What can we gleam from it if he was parked there and not on the cemetery side? Would a local be more likely to know about the private drive along the creek? Would a stranger have been more likely to have parked at the trailhead/cemetery? Why all the LE vehicles parked on the private stone drive? Would BG have been more or less likely to get away without being seen by potential witnesses on the private drive on the south or the cemetery road on the north?
Just some thoughts and ?s floating in my head ....

Prior to the time of law enforcement arrival, both locations would have provided almost certain privacy if no one was at the home.JMO

Prior to the time of law enforcement arrival, both locations would have provided almost certain privacy if no one was at the home.JMO

You may very well be correct, I do however believe their would have been more activity and traffic on 300n just my opinion

I can't figure out any way the DNA would tell them length of hair since that is not directed by DNA but by whim of the person...but possibly it was a hair sample they used and they could tell from that so included it in results?? I am stumped by that I have to say.

Perhaps there is some genetic propensity for heavily balding or thinning hair which would lend itself to close shaving of hair that remains?

You may very well be correct, I do however believe their would have been more activity and traffic on 300n just my opinion

On 300 N. there would be considerably more traffic and no access to the bridge without hiking. It looks like the south side offers direct access to the south east end of the bridge.

This is so very interesting! Such useful info. But, how in the world can dna markers distinguish length of hair? Technology is so far above & beyond my understanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Or an athletic build for that matter.

RSBM: No. He was on probation from a 2014 conviction where he received probation when he reoffended in 2015 and probation given again which ran consecutively until 10/2017. He had 8 more months to go to be clear. He's had ZERO violations since 2015 until this happened. Sad. :(

I'm trying to wrap my head around this: RL was two months shy of completing his probation for drunk driving.

It seems way to much to me! Yikes, don't get in trouble in Indiana.

...or...don't be a habitual offender who puts innocent lives in jeopardy by driving under the influence. And don't break the rules of your probation. See? It's not so hard. 😉

It is perplexing. I did find this on wiki though: The facility is rated as minimum- to medium-security, but also has a maximum-security psychiatric unit and annex.

So it sound to me like it runs the gamut from minimum to super secure.

I haven't found out yet if it has alcohol rehabilitation.

Since he was on probation, he wasn't allow to drink any alcohol, let alone drive on a suspended license. It is very interesting that no one has come forward with information to claim that $250,000.00 reward. That is a huge amount of money and the fact that no one, not a friend, neighbor, relative, coworker, parishioner or casual aquaintance even remotely recognize his picture, clothing, stance, or voice is incredible to me. Maybe they got their man already, RL.

We don't know that. As we keep saying, LE could be on the BG trail right now.

Since he was on probation, he wasn't allow to drink any alcohol, let alone drive on a suspended license. It is very interesting that no one has come forward with information to claim that $250,000.00 reward. That is a huge amount of money and the fact that no one, not a friend, neighbor, relative, coworker, parishioner or casual aquaintance even remotely recognize his picture, clothing, stance, or voice is incredible to me. Maybe they got their man already, RL.

Hi all, first-time poster here! Thanks everyone for all the great info and analysis.

Now I'm wondering if you all believe, as I do IMO, that BG is left-handed.* AFAIK LE has never mentioned his likely left-handedness. This seems like a strange thing to leave out while pleading with the public to help identify him IMO, as it eliminates from suspicion 90 percent of the population.

For those that also believe BG is a lefty, any ideas on this?

I haven't been able to follow along in a while, I hope I'm not rehashing something that's already been throughly discussed.

* The idea that he is a lefty comes from what appears IMO to be a back-facing gun-shaped object holstered at his right shoulder in the bridge pics - I've seen this pointed out here but not sure how much it's been discussed.

Welcome!! I just wanted to reply because I'm fairly new too and being newer its hard to keep up with what's been talked about.

I've seen a lot of talk where people see the outline of a gun in his right pocket or behind it and have showed an example of the exact gun it appears to be by overlaying the image - It is pretty convincing looking.

It's possible. Anything is possible.

If RL is BG then I can't see how LE would keep wasting resources by asking for tips. I would also think they would give media slightly more enthusiastic answers and would state more that they were making positive progress towards zeroing in on him.

And not related to your post, but if BG isn't local or even from Indiana, then I'm leaning towards serial killer and one who has done this before. Unless it was a local grudge killing, one doesn't simply start killing two people at the same time. But to a SK, it would be something he's done before.

Does anyone remember the possible suicide that happened fairly close to Delphi, IIRC month or so ago? A body was found hanging in the woods that possibly had bullet wounds ?

I can't find a thing about that now. I'm curious if the name , age and cause of death was released? We spoke of it here, but I can't seem to find the posts? Google hasn't been much of a friend here.

I've hesitated for days about asking as to not have to rehash old stuff.

TIA🌹

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members