Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe on the Namus site it has the updated rule out list. It is odd to me that WCJD has so few ruleouts compared to Buckskin JD.

I believe on the Namus site it has the updated rule out list. It is odd to me that WCJD has so few ruleouts compared to Buckskin JD.

I wonder if that has to do with her age? Don't all the profiles for children in the system (and any subsequent changes that are made) have to be run through NCMEC?

Is there any way to find out why someone was ruled out & by who? When I talked to detective about Rachel Garden being a possible match, he said she had been ruled out by law enforcement. Didn't know which agency, why or when. I know they don't always disclose info but if not DNA, could testing still be done?

Is there any way to find out why someone was ruled out & by who? When I talked to detective about Rachel Garden being a possible match, he said she had been ruled out by law enforcement. Didn't know which agency, why or when. I know they don't always disclose info but if not DNA, could testing still be done?

My experience with NamUs is that they won't tell how someone was ruled out specifically, like whether it was dental, fingerprints, etc, they will just tell me something generic like they both have profiles in CODIS with no associations, or they were ruled out based on biometrics (but won't say which one). I personally have never been concerned with who, so I've never asked.

Sometimes medical examiners are more forthcoming than LE, especially if you have a relationship with them about more than one case or submission.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I always wondered if it was by DNA that ruled laureen Rahn out too, or how and why she was ruled out, because the photo of laureen and the sketch of WCJD look identical to me

Theresa V Jones' case first came to public attention because her sisters posted on the Who Was Walker County Jane Doe FB page. The gapped teeth and tattoo rule her out as being WCJD.

OT, but were TVJ's sisters ever successful in their search for her? Thank you once again for all you do, Carl!

Has WCJD ever been done as a recon/re-enactment on something like Unsolved Mysteries?

The current ruleouts list on her namus page:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4630

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Maria Anjiras 1961 Connecticut
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Joyce Brewer 1955 Texas
Carla Corley 1965 Alabama
Kimberly Doss 1962 Florida
Roxane Easland 1956 Alaska
Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
Cindy King 1962 Oregon
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Mary Trlica 1957 Texas

Thank you Carl and carbuff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Looking at the post-mortem photos.. she looks so young, a girl who does not yet look like a woman, as a late teenager might.

I agree with the earlier observation that she looks like she could be sleeping. The "looked like they were asleep" has been remarked with some other child murder victims. Kylie Maybury, for one.

I started reading again from the beginning to refresh my memory. It's almost been 8 years since this thread was started. So glad people are still active here. I'm guessing this girl was never reported as missing. I know that's already been discussed. I really have nothing new to add that hasn't already been said. Lots of good ideas have been brought up. The only thing I'm wondering is if there is a way to find out who the employees at the prison were during that time? I know all prisoners were asked if they knew her but were all employees asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT, but were TVJ's sisters ever successful in their search for her? Thank you once again for all you do, Carl!

No, they weren't. They have turned in their DNA FRS's though.

Has the search for 'Kathy' in the photo hit a dead end? I can't imagine how difficult it must be to try and find someone just through a photo

Has the search for 'Kathy' in the photo hit a dead end? I can't imagine how difficult it must be to try and find someone just through a photo

Yes, until someone can step forward to say they know who she is.

"Kathleen/Cathleen" looks close though WCJD had been beaten which would make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz