IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any reporters see or record LE removing "evidence" from the actual crime scene? (Not what they got from RL's house).

A reporter taking photos said on facebook that he saw girl's clothing near the creek the day they were found. I think that's the only evidence that we are aware of that was taken. We also know a pair of wellington boots were taken from the local meat processing plant so it's likely they took a cast of footprints found at the crime scene too in addition to any other evidence present.

There is discussion in the scanner thread about clothing items but it can't be discussed here.

Found this video of a lady being interview (friend of RL) after his sentencing. Listen to what she says at the .34-.35s mark.
[video=youtube;8nT0vKaIPoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nT0vKaIPoc[/video]
that was a really nice catch on your part. very interesting to hear her say she has spent time with RL on the trails. it makes me wonder how much time he has been on them.

that was a really nice catch on your part. very interesting to hear her say she has spent time with RL on the trails.

I was wondering why she'd mention the trails (unless the reporter had asked her specifically about them?) and then she says, "I'd do anything for him (RL)" Like what and is she talking in reference to "the trails"? If so do what on the trails?

I was wondering why she'd mention the trails (unless the reporter had asked her specifically about them?) and then she says, "I'd do anything for him (RL)" Like what and is she talking in reference to "the trails"? If so do what on the trails?
it is a beautiful neck of the woods and he has been there for eons. i would guess he has been a countless walks on the trails in his 53 years, and he has most likely enjoyed some of those walks with family or friends.

i am curious as to what forensic testing has come back, and what they ares still waiting on? And, does "more" analysis mean that they are doing additional or further testing on things that have been tested?. given how tight lipped LE has been throughout this case, i am grateful they shared the statement about the evidence. it was time for some kind of update.

As the update doesn't specifically mention the word "forensic", his comments may or may not refer to that. Related to this case, aside from crime scene evidence, there's going to be other types of evidence that was or is being analyzed, for example involving online communications by either of the girls. It's been said in other cases that subpoenas issued to cellphone providers and Facebook take a considerable time to be processed. We just don't know because they choose not to say.

But considering investigators are now reviewing some of the 18000 prior leads and police resources are valuable, that's an indication they're still searching. A previous news report indicated the FBI had developed a profile, perhaps they're taking a closer look at that. MOO

As the update doesn't specifically mention the word "forensic", his comments may or may not refer to that. Related to this case, aside from crime scene evidence, there's going to be other types of evidence that was or is being analyzed, for example involving online communications by either of the girls. It's been said in other cases that subpoenas issued to cellphone providers and Facebook take a considerable time to be processed. We just don't know because they choose not to say.

But considering investigators are now reviewing some of the 18000 prior leads and police resources are valuable, that's an indication they're still searching. A previous news report indicated the FBI had developed a profile, perhaps they're taking a closer look at that. MOO
LE said several weeks ago that they are still waiting on forensic evidence processing. a news station reported on monday that LE was still waiting on forensic testing from the FBI's lab in virginia. i don't know what they possibly could be waiting on that is not forensic analysis they said "some" of the analysis of evidence has come in, which means some hasn't. analysis of evidence is forensic science.

From the first post in this thread by tlcya, it states that the girls were found 3/4 of a mile away. An estimate of 3 mph would take the girls twenty minutes to walk a mile, so a bit less for the distance of 3/4 of a mile. I suppose a little more time should be allowed because of the rough terrain. So maybe fifteen to twenty minutes walking time to crime site. Could this mean there is equal amount of time that Libby was recording?

From the first post in this thread by tlcya, it states that the girls were found 3/4 of a mile away. An estimate of 3 mph would take the girls twenty minutes to walk a mile, so a bit less for the distance of 3/4 of a mile. I suppose a little more time should be allowed because of the rough terrain. So maybe fifteen to twenty minutes walking time to crime site. Could this mean there is equal amount of time that Libby was recording?
as much as i hate to think that she recorded at least the audio while being marched to her death i hope there is more. i want LE to have as much evidence as they possibly can.

I also think SK. When the ISP superintendent spoke and asked why Libby, why Abby, why Delphi and why Carroll County that caught my intention. I have to wonder even at that point did they suspect a SK from out of the area. As previous posters have mentioned, SK's often leave leave a calling card, something LE won't release to the public but with their training and experience, they recognize it quickly. Calling in the FBI, the billboards, etc all make me think they didn't think this was a first time offense for this killer. Maybe why they didn't think the people of Delphi were in immediate danger as they "knew" from seasoned LE higher up the chain of command that this killer would hit and run and be long gone. Let's hope that THIS time dear sweet Libby beat him at his game by capturing his voice and his photo/video. I look forward to the day he shuffles along in handcuffs, wears leg irons and his wardrobe consists of Halloween orange jumpsuits. IMO

Also from the February 22nd press conference-

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter-
"It’s unlikely you’ve ever seen or will ever see or experience again the level of resources that are attached to this investigation"

http://www.jconline.com/story/opini.../bangert-clue-hero-delphi-homicides/98254002/

Not a statement to be taken lightly, imo.

I searched crimes that take months for evidence to be processed and found to my surprise this is a common amount of time for terrible crime scenes. So just the science timelines like how long to process DNA dont apply. - It seams like they process all the evidence, duplicate the test for veracity then produce a single final report on the whole scene and evidence.

I searched crimes that take months for evidence to be processed and found to my surprise this is a common amount of time for terrible crime scenes. So just the science timelines like how long to process DNA dont apply. - It seams like they process all the evidence, duplicate the test for veracity then produce a single final report on the whole scene and evidence.
i am in totally agreement. it is not the turn around time you see on television, especially when there is a significant amount of things to be tested. they said they are doing "more analysis" that must be the "duplicate" testing. it is also at one of the best labs in the world, and as horrific as this crime is there are countless other horrific murders across the country that this lab is processing evidence for.

some of the things that went to the indiana state lab may have come back quicker.

I'd agree. He must have enjoyed the woods and the trails. Anyone who owns that type of ground for that many years and at his age must enjoy the outdoors. I don't think RL is BG. Maybe he saw BG snooping around in the woods, who knows. I just don't think RL decided to strike out that day and hunt girls and kill them. To me it would seem counterproductive to hunt, kill and abandon the bodies of your victims essentially in your backyard where anyone can see or stumble across them. I've heard about killers burying their victims on their property but lying them out in plain sight with active search teams in the area? Sure doesn't seem like the best idea if he wants to remain a free man. IMO

it is a beautiful neck of the woods and he has been there for eons. i would guess he has been a countless walks on the trails in his 53 years, and he has most likely enjoyed some of those walks with family or friends.

I think this is a friend who is upset for him, and like friends do has walked on the trails - Its a local point of pride, the trail is both historical and a birding area.

This is MOO and just a feeling i have but i definately think this person or persons is local or known to the girls.

what if the murder(s) are SK from Delphi but travel out of the area to find their victims either through work or personal hobbies? Maybe the suspect(s) got lazy n decided to kill closer to home? Maybe the girls were known to the killer and thought they were an easy target that day??

i have my own personal thoughts on this which obviously I can't discuss here but a completely random attack on two girls just doesn't fit right with me

The first thing I had to wrap my head around in this case was the path taken to the CS. From the NW end of the bridge, it's a ~1400 foot distance to the CS, which is on on RL's property, an area below the cemetery between it and the creek.

I don't have a map handy, but according to Google satellite views myself and other members have studied, the distance from the SE end of the bridge to the CS is only 600 feet, give or take. The "half mile" remark was early in the case, it's actually much less than a half mile. A half mile is 2640 feet, roughly 1200 feet further beyond the crime scene from the NW end of the bridge. Another distance to consider is the bridge length, which is 850 feet.

Hope this helps.

I have gone to the Zodiac Killer thread on Websleuths because we can't discuss him here but if you go on that thread it's pretty interesting to see the fascination with the number 13 and other things. The Delphi killer could be a copycat. See you on the Zodiac thread!

Yesterday, I stumbled across the case of a murder of a young girl in Fort Wayne in 1988 has some similar characteristics to this case, and Zodiac. BTK also taunted LE.

I wonder if a calling card was left at the Delphi scene.

Yesterday, I stumbled across the case of a murder of a young girl in Fort Wayne in 1988 has some similar characteristics to this case, and Zodiac. BTK also taunted LE.

I wonder if a calling card was left at the Delphi scene.

I'm leaning towards this, a calling card, same m.o. and the like. The "who's next" at the presser was very telling.

No it's not posted this yesterday, didn't know how to link to the post so just copied it and pasted it over here. They were wondering about the statements that were made by LE. The links that were posted about the statements I don't believe you could hear the question that was asked that prompted the answer about people drawing their own conclusions Here it the you tube with the entire conference, might be easier to tell why that statement was given.

I like to go back to the very first PC -posted at 13:09 on Feb. 14. There is one of the most interesting statements so far from DPD IMO.

The site shows 8 brief videos of the PC and 3 videos about the case. During the second video (PC) Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins says:

Quote, video2 ( also quoted in article):

BBM

"I think people in the community are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn't feel," Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins said. "Our people are very smart. We have a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation very successfully.”

End of quoteNow, scroll down and there is a second single video with DPC Mullins. He basically repeats, what he said before, but is wording it differently:

Quote, additional video:BBM

"I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think. So, that's all we have to say about that."End of quote

Odd statements, both.

All IMO

-Nin

Source:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...s-its-not-good

[video=youtube;_DiBYdeGbdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE[/video]

Has any thought been given to the audio recordings being extracted from the phone through another means than a simple point and shoot audio/video file?

I know most modern smartphones can record your surroundings via your phone's microphone. For example, if the Snapchat app is running, so is your microphone. That's how apps like Facebook send you targeted advertising. They listen in the background and pick up keywords and phrases. I don't want to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but "Big Brother" is always listening...

Also, when you press the home button on a locked phone to activate Siri/Google search, your phone records and stores audio of everything that is transcribed.

No it's not posted this yesterday, didn't know how to link to the post so just copied it and pasted it over here. They were wondering about the statements that were made by LE. The links that were posted about the statements I don't believe you could hear the question that was asked that prompted the answer about people drawing their own conclusions Here it the you tube with the entire conference, might be easier to tell why that statement was given.

I like to go back to the very first PC -posted at 13:09 on Feb. 14. There is one of the most interesting statements so far from DPD IMO.

The site shows 8 brief videos of the PC and 3 videos about the case. During the second video (PC) Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins says:

Quote, video2 ( also quoted in article):

BBM

"I think people in the community are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn't feel," Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins said. "Our people are very smart. We have a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation very successfully.”

End of quoteNow, scroll down and there is a second single video with DPC Mullins. He basically repeats, what he said before, but is wording it differently:

Quote, additional video:BBM

"I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think. So, that's all we have to say about that."End of quote

Odd statements, both.

All IMO

-Nin

Source:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...s-its-not-good

[video=youtube;_DiBYdeGbdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE[/video]

Thank you very much for locating the briefing in its entirety!

At app. marker 5:44 Sheriff Lazenby is being asked if he classifies the investigation as a homicide. He is shrugging his shoulders and is reaching for words: " It's, it's a..a death investigation .."

Are they not excluding at that time, that it could have been an accident..?

All IMO
-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members