IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree --- they have always been extremely cautious in how they speak about the video and audio, keeping them separate.

They say she was a hero "to have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur." They are being artfully vague as to not let the killer(s) know exactly what and how much information and audio they have, as well as to keep the public from learning exactly how they went about obtaining it.

The fact that it wasn't released until the 22nd, more than a week after the murders, makes me feel it took them awhile to get it.

The digital and social media component of this investigation is what I obsess about most -- how was she able to record audio in a moment of such grave danger? If I felt threatened, I think my first response would be not to fumble around with my phone to try and record a video or audio, but to make a call for help and/or to notify someone, anyone, about where I was and that I was in trouble. This is why I can see the audio being extracted from something like google voice data as she maybe had her phone in her pocket and was pressing her home button and activating Siri or the emergency call feature. I just wonder what information they were able to get from her cellphone, and exactly how they got it.

I wonder about cell phone information too. This is comment about DNA and cellphones[/] being a big part of this case, although why his expectations aren't being met that the case is solved by now isn't clear.

Libby's cellphone and her recordings are known, but no mention if Abby had one with her as well. Because of the plural cellphones, I tend to think she did.

“I go back before DNA and cell phones,” said Ives who remembered prosecuting criminal cases in Carroll County with less evidence than in this case since 1987, “and I certainly would have said, if experienced investigators, as we have in this case, had the evidence that was available in this case, I would expect them to solve it within a month. That’s without DNA and cell phones which are a big part of what’s going on here."
http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

The science of voice recognition has been proven to be somewhat unreliable so I wonder if evidence leads to some type of online stalking or unusual online communication.

I don't have a source but not long ago I recall headlines regarding issues relating to unlocking of Apple products. Other times certain online sites have fought subpoenas in court, over the right to protect their users. Just my opinion, but LE may be waiting on something related to cell phone evidence as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are welcome :) I've often thought they were placed there later that night, but a lot of others don't see it.

I guess we don't know exactly where they searched that night or if they went down near the river.

Hi - Just as a mom, in MOO, if my child were out hiking on that trail and didn't show up, probably one of the very first places I would search would be under the bridge and a bit downstream. I'd worry most about a fall from that rickety structure. I'd also be looking along where I would expect my child to walk to seek help if she or her friend were injured from falling off a bridge. I'm not sure how close by that would be to where the girls were ultimately found. I'd then look on all the trails and on the river banks. It gives me pause to wonder how close the searchers actually got on the 13th and why they weren't spotted...

When advanced forensic tools are connected to a device, they literally see (and find) everything. I have actually seen this done. This is why I have always believed they had Libby's phone in their possession. Some apps require warrants and I believe FBI was already on that immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When advanced forensic tools are connected to a device, they literally see (and find) everything. I have actually seen this done. This is why I have always believed they had Libby's phone in their possession. Some apps require warrants and I believe FBI was already on that immediately.

Yes somewhere is the media video of the extraction although it wasn't being done by the FBI. Somebody please help me out with the US agency that had "Children" maybe Protection? in the name because I can't remember it.

But nothing has been mentioned if Abby had a phone. While the entire tragedy may have been recorded, the identity of the culprit can't have been revealed so it's value to gain a conviction may be weak if it doesnt identify the killer. Therefore as the prosecutor states that cellphone evidence is as important to this case, I think there's something different than that. MOO

This is where I get confused because there are 2 people floating around with those initials.

That other JW is an interesting person who has come up too, and had a relationship to another crime in the area, though not necessarily the perp. Also looks like BG (who doesn't in this area?).

I am sure he cannot be sleuthed here, so I cannot say more, but there are other interesting connections there. He is discussed elsewhere outside WS, though.

You are welcome :) I've often thought they were placed there later that night, but a lot of others don't see it.

I guess we don't know exactly where they searched that night or if they went down near the river.
i really can't see anyone returning to area to put the bodies there. they were likely not found for several reasons the evening of the 13th. One they were probably looking for girls that were alive. however, as the evening got later those thoughts may have changed, especially from the family members who knew them so well. Secondly it was February so it got dark out very early, which would make it hard to see anything, even with the full moon the night before.

That was a very odd video. No idea who that guy is, but he needs to stop saying this is the exact jacket- because he has no way of knowing that LOL

Yes somewhere is the media video of the extraction although it wasn't being done by the FBI. Somebody please help me out with the US agency that had "Children" maybe Protection? in the name because I can't remember it.

But nothing has been mentioned if Abby had a phone. While the entire tragedy may have been recorded, the identity of the culprit can't have been revealed so it's value to gain a conviction may be weak if it doesnt identify the killer. Therefore as the prosecutor states that cellphone evidence is as important to this case, I think there's something different than that. MOO

I know we have gone through so many threads it is hard to keep track of the facts. I honestly think Libby had a phone, but Abby did not. Skibaboo provided a link earlier where the girls would FaceTime via Libby's iPhone and Abby's iPad. Both girls seem to have had some skills with technology, but, IMO, only Libby had a phone with her that day, and it was probably an iPhone, and all the features that go with the iPhone.

There is a news article where they mentioned the "girls" phones. It was early in the investigation and I read it on this site. I'll see if I can find it again.

I know we have gone through so many threads it is hard to keep track of the facts. I honestly think Libby had a phone, but Abby did not. Skibaboo provided a link earlier where the girls would FaceTime via Libby's iPhone and Abby's iPad. Both girls seems to have had some skills with technology, but, IMO, only Libby had a phone with her that day, and it was probably an iPhone, and all the features that go with the iPhone.

Did you notice the link that I posted a few pages back with the prosecutor mentioning DNA and cellphoneS were important to this case? Maybe he didn't intend to refer to the plural, but in an interview Abby's mom said she worked two jobs. Even though she was in the care of her grandparents, considering her age and all, I just think it would be common that she had a means to communicate with her mother at work.

That was a very odd video. No idea who that guy is, but he needs to stop saying this is the exact jacket- because he has no way of knowing that LOL

It looks like the quote you replied may have been deleted. It does make me pause, though, that people are looking at the separate picture thread here where possible stripes on the blue coat were considered. That is a good thing, because it is causing people out there to sit up, take notice, and even post theories on YouTube. Even if these theories turn out to be wild good cases, you never know.

Much thanks to websight, and the rest, analyzing the pictures.

what video?

That other JW is an interesting person who has come up too, and had a relationship to another crime in the area, though not necessarily the perp. Also looks like BG (who doesn't in this area?).

I am sure he cannot be sleuthed here, so I cannot say more, but there are other interesting connections there. He is discussed elsewhere outside WS, though.

If you take a trip down to the scanner room, there are lots of interesting things going on in regards to your comment. But what happens down there stays down there.

Did you notice the link that I posted a few pages back with the prosecutor mentioning DNA and cellphoneS were important to this case? Maybe he didn't intend to refer to the plural, but in an interview Abby's mom said she worked two jobs. Even though she was in the care of her grandparents, considering her age and all, I just think it would be common that she had a means to communicate with her mother at work.

That makes total sense. We have gone through a few threads in the three months of this investigation, and there is no way I could find the thread now, but it seems in the early days, it was pointed out Abby wasn't old enough to have her own phone, per her family. I have no link for that, so for now, it is completely open she may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam