Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw further up the thread that the water was never searched? That seems crazy.

[Sutter County Undersheriff Jeff] Pierce said Wednesday toxicology and lab results from Yeoman's body will take four to six weeks, and those could play a part in determining the cause and manner of her death. Investigators are also waiting for other evidence, such as Yeoman's Toyota Tacoma that was found stuck in the mud not far from where her body was found.

[...]

Pierce said he wasn't sure how long Yeoman's body appeared to have been in the water, and there could be a number of reasons why it wasn't discovered until now. Factors could include water conditions, searchers' sonar not picking up on anything, or the body being snagged by something and held below searchers' view.

Pierce said searchers remained above water on boats with dogs because water conditions were too dangerous for divers.

For now, Pierce said investigators have a lot of work ahead of them.
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news...cle_efc862fe-35f9-11e7-a607-d3ed8dd92181.html

They said they used sonar but didn't find her. Everyone has to remember we're dealing with a major dam disaster just upstream . Flows have been up and down constantly not to mention very muddy water. I definitely feel they could've at least tried to get divers in at some point tho. Maybe the evidence at the scene pointed them away from the river. I don't know I just hope they didn't totally botch this case it would be devastating for her family and our community.

I'm not sure it's feasible for divers to enter the water at anytime. The Feather River is a fast moving, deep and debris laden river.

There were images of LE and SAR on MSM utilizing boats and sonar and drones etc at the early searches. Just no underwater searches were done physically by divers.

Websleuths is a fact-based forum.

If you state something as fact, you must be able to provide a link to an approved source (LE, MSM) to back it up.

"I heard," "I read somewhere," etc. are not allowed.

If you can't link it, you can't post it.

:tyou:

Not sure if its been said already but I just found Aly's twitter and her last post were from March 30th at 2:41pm

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I wonder why the sheriff says investigators are waiting on her truck? I was under the impression they've been in possession of it all along..
Forensics and things in relation to that I would imagine. Testing can take weeks. For instance if there were certain hairs or fabrics in the car they could be tested to see who or whom they do or don't belong to. Just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forensics and things in relation to that I would imagine. Testing can take weeks. For instance if there were certain hairs or fabrics in the car they could be tested to see who or whom they do or don't belong to. Just a guess.

Why wouldn't they do that wen they 1st impounded the truck?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't they do that wen they 1st impounded the truck?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
They did I'm sure but it isn't an overnight process. They might not have found anything either. I'm just guessing. I do know processing can takes weeks sometimes longer.

I think they just mean they're waiting on results. I imagine the truck was processed right away

On the flip side, wouldn't it have been in his best interest to say things like, she was depressed, upset, about something so that he could have people think she might have driven to the levy to hurt herself? Yet he painted her as positive, happy etc. Ugh. I dunno. I dunno.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Actually that is what he tried saying in the beginning until nobody believed it, and that's when he changed his mind to she left and a happy good mood!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh yes probably. Thanks I guess I just assumed after 6 weeks they'd have it already but they may not of processed it right away.

Not sure if its been said already but I just found Aly's twitter and her last post were from March 30th at 2:41pm

What is it? We can post victim SM. Thanks!

Can you link it, please? I am not very savvy on twitter :) TIA!

"The autopsy of a 20-year-old Yuba College student who went missing for six weeks before her body was discovered in the Feather River is done, the Sutter County Sheriff’s Office said."

http://www.kcra.com/article/questions-remain-after-aly-yeomans-autopsy/9642458

It goes on to say it was done Tuesday but they aren't releasing any details until toxicology comes back in a month or two.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I'm a pretty good poker player, and I noticed that ML has a tell. Everytime he says something he's not solid with, he looks down and to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968