GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about her new position with mixed feelings. I guess she might as well be working. And she hasn't been charged with anything so there is no reason why prospective employers should not extend the presumption of innocence to her, a concept I fully support. Having attended Florida State when she ran her clinical program, I believe she is a passionate advocate for immigrants. She even helped a friend of mine obtain citizenship while in law school. It's a puzzling and peculiar thing how people's professional and public personas can be so different from who they are in their personal life.

I haven't posted for some time, but I have been checking this thread. Thanks to all for posting these updates. If someone told me I'd be watching this case for what is almost a year now, I wouldn't have believed them. But, I am still patiently waiting for justice to be served in one way or another.

It was inevitable, sadly, that WA would be able to "put this tragedy behind her". I doubt she's ever charged.

I do hope that she doesn't "novelize" the experience.

She'll find it hard to put it behind her if her brother and mother are arrested and put on trial. I don't believe she will ever be charged with anything which is ironic since she is the only person who really benefitted from DM's murder, since it allowed her to fulfill her dream of moving back to South Florida near her parents and raise her kids without their father's involvement.

She'll find it hard to put it behind her if her brother and mother are arrested and put on trial. I don't believe she will ever be charged with anything which is ironic since she is the only person who really benefitted from DM's murder, since it allowed her to fulfill her dream of moving back to South Florida near her parents and raise her kids without their father's involvement.

Curious if WA is letting the paternal side of the family interact with the children. It would be a shame if they didnt have the chance to see their grandchildren.

The second document is SG's motion to be declared indigent. It is interesting in that it was filed sua sponte by the judge in KM's case as pertaining to the conflict of interest inquiry. I'm not sure SG's motion proves anything one way or the other (just states that KM was paying SG's fees until she was arrested), but it is an indication that the judge has honed in on the conflict issue.

Also, I saw that the State's Motion to Continue the hearing on the Motion for Conflict of Interest Inquiry said that they need additional time because "the state has several outstanding subpoenas seeking up-to-date financial information for Defendant" (KM). So, although the delay was frustrating, the State is preparing diligently and plans to come with documents and evidence.

Also, I saw that the State's Motion to Continue the hearing on the Motion for Conflict of Interest Inquiry said that they need additional time because "the state has several outstanding subpoenas seeking up-to-date financial information for Defendant" (KM). So, although the delay was frustrating, the State is preparing diligently and plans to come with documents and evidence.

It certainly is interesting that KM (unemployed and on welfare) had sufficient funds to pay SG's legal bills until her arrest --- and potentially the loss of physical access to a cache of 100 bills.

Interesting further that KM's family was reportedly paying her legal bills, until questions were raised and suddenly she has become indigent. (And presumably, her family suddenly became either indigent or uninterested in the continued funding of her defense.)

Tax records, income and assets may go a long way to demonstrating whether or not her immediate family had the means to fund her defense. The IRS may find the answers interesting as well.

Looking forward to what the SA and LE will learn. Maybe they can explain what KM and SG were doing over at S Garcia Solutions, Inc in Miami Beach, FL.

https://florida.intercreditreport.com/company/s-garcia-solutions-inc-p11000109334

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly is interesting that KM (unemployed and on welfare) had sufficient funds to pay SG's legal bills until her arrest --- and potentially the loss of physical access to a cache of 100 bills.

Interesting further that KM's family was reportedly paying her legal bills, until questions were raised and suddenly she has become indigent.

since when is KM indigent

IMO -

it's interesting that the State -

1. is STILL trying to get up to date financial information for KM's lawyers fee payments (via outstanding subpoenas) and was assured (presumably by KM's attorneys) that they would have them in time for the 5-5-17 hearing but was then stiffed.
2. is STILL unable to reach KM's attorney for his position on this motion.

where there's smoke there's fire. this thing is really starting to stink and it looks real dirty. what is DeCoste hiding? who is paying KM's attorneys and who is pulling their strings? is there a collusion, conspiracy, and conflict of interest among the attorneys for the alleged participants? you're supposed to be a zealous advocate for YOUR client - not someone else's client. the judge needs to get to the bottom of this asap. this is looking like a mockery of the justice system. if any attorneys are dirty, i want to see them disbarred or worse.

Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!

I saw that a Notice of Taking Deposition was filed in Magbanua's case yesterday. I ordered it but of course it will take several days to come in.

The calm before the storm...

The case against the people who ordered this and carried it out will be strong. Deals will be made this fall, as potential life imprisonment is a powerful incentive to open up.

Justice will happen, but it won't be quick.

SG sure is doing a lot of moving around...
https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1119072

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 313
I saw that a Notice of Taking Deposition was filed in Magbanua's case yesterday. I ordered it but of course it will take several days to come in.
Prosecutor not ruling out charges for ex-in-laws in Markel case

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ling-out-charges--laws-markel-case/102021582/

"In preparation for trial, Magbanua’s attorneys are planning to conduct 39 depositions of police officers and detectives, emergency personnel, friends and colleagues of Markel involved in some form in the investigation."

Prosecutor not ruling out charges for ex-in-laws in Markel case

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...ling-out-charges--laws-markel-case/102021582/

"In preparation for trial, Magbanua’s attorneys are planning to conduct 39 depositions of police officers and detectives, emergency personnel, friends and colleagues of Markel involved in some form in the investigation."
Am happy to hear that the Markels will pursue this until justice is served to EVERYONE.

In the meantime, KM must have unlimited funds. Deposing 38 people?! What a dang racket.

It is disgusting how money can keep them out of jail.

For now.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Remember when June seemed so far away? KM's trial begins moving forward again on 6/21; Only a motion hearing but maybe something will actually happen.

Remember when June seemed so far away? KM's trial begins moving forward again on 6/21; Only a motion hearing but maybe something will actually happen.

i told you guys this was going to be a long, hard slog. this is by design. every day of delay and freedom is a victory for the alleged masterminds. you can't serve two masters. KM's attorneys are only serving one.

Due to Luis sweetheart deal. He may not be a good witness against Km nor the Adelsons.

Now unless SG FLIPS than Km and Adelsons may walk.

But I guarantee that the Adelsons want SG to know that if he helps clear their name while admitting guilt, then they will financially take care of his kids. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member