OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they knew something was amiss with the device, and decided to make it public when they went to retrieve it. They were granted 45 days to track JM's vehicle. The device was installed on 4/21/2017, and according to the original warrant would have expired Monday, June 5, 2017 (if my cyphering is correct). Why go get the device after only 24 days?

And I'm wondering what took them so long. If it was removed 4/28, someone should have known immediately. It seems like it would be equivalent to an ankle bracelet.

Another thing I've wondered, JM may have gotten rid of the truck that was impounded for fear it was bugged. A whole year has passed! People trade off cars all the time!

Wondering if anyone besides me noticed another familiar name on the jail roster?

Being that LE is allowed to lie during interrogations, did JM really fail the lie detector test or did they tell him that to see how he would react afterward?
According to JM and BM, they each took several polygraphs. The officer stated JM had failed one.

I think that they knew something was amiss with the device, and decided to make it public when they went to retrieve it. They were granted 45 days to track JM's vehicle. The device was installed on 4/21/2017, and according to the original warrant would have expired Monday, June 5, 2017 (if my cyphering is correct). Why go get the device after only 24 days?
It was damaged or destroyed and stopped tracking. The officers were sent to retrieve it because it costs hundreds of dollars.

And I'm wondering what took them so long. If it was removed 4/28, someone should have known immediately. It seems like it would be equivalent to an ankle bracelet.

Another thing I've wondered, JM may have gotten rid of the truck that was impounded for fear it was bugged. A whole year has passed! People trade off cars all the time!

Was it coincidence that LE waited until after the 3 searches of Wagner and friend's property to go retrieve the tracking device from JM? They would have known on 4/28 that he removed the device. Why wait until after the searches?

Was it that tracking JM wasn't really useful to them, but they needed a reason to arrest and jail him? Did they bother to try to track JW? Why did they let him leave town, yet they quibble with JM over the tracking device.

How did LE know that JW moved and stored his truckloads of belongings over at the Brown business? Were they tracking him, too? Why did DeWine think it was ok for JW to take the S Rhoden out of town, but threw a fit over JM removing the tracking device? If I didn't know better, I would think JM was being "railroaded".

I think we need to add a new section to our timeline for this. I'm too busy, anyone want to volunteer? TIA

It might have been installed on someone else's car to confuse and, finally, anger LE.

Wondering if anyone besides me noticed another familiar name on the jail roster?

The Ross County one? Give a hint? Not sure I feel up to paging through the whole site one letter at a time. TIA

I'm not really looking at it from the statutory rape standpoint, I'm just thinking that, personally, I'd not allow a 14 year old child to actually "date", let alone date anyone other than another classmate, in their immediate age range... However, all parents are different, and all children are different, and some families may have more lenient boundaries for the middle and younger children, than they did with the eldest, due to getting past being a first time parent.

I think some of this depends on what you mean by "dating". I went on dates in 8th grade (at age 12/13). There were guidelines, and rules and perhaps they would have been different if I hadn't established and earned a lot of trust by that point. Somehow it all worked out.

Now as a mom of a little boy (close in age to RR actually) I admit that I pray everyday he makes it into adulthood safe and alive. I will also say that if my son had graduated high school and was getting involved with a young lady who hadn't yet started high school that would definitely give me pause. Honestly, if my son was neurotypical, (and so far he seems to be)I would question if the scenario was a bit predatory. I might not be able to stop the relationship but I wouldn't enable it and, because I am a mandatory reporter, if I couldn't be assured it was over I would likely have to report it. [Obviously there are nuances to this and I just pray I am never on either side of this with my son or daughter.]

Perhaps JW's mother or father had similar concerns. Or perhaps they were comfortable with HR and were under the mistaken belief that the relationship was not a sexual one. Or perhaps JW was not neurotypical and they felt HR was a comparable peer, in spite of the chronological age gap, for that reason.

imagejpeg

Hi and welcome to Webseluths. We can't see what you posted. All I can see is a little blue square with a question mark in it. Would you kindly post again?

Excellent thought about the purchase of DR's new home! If this murder was as I think it was, that would have, imo, infuriated the W family, as it would have made it harder for them in court.

I agree DR's new home may have incited anger as it would have made it more difficult to make a case for custody.

"Sounds like each family maybe had something "on" each other that would keep them going to court and settling this legally. "

I do think you just hit the nail on the head.

I think some of this depends on what you mean by "dating". I went on dates in 8th grade (at age 12/13). There were guidelines, and rules and perhaps they would have been different if I hadn't established and earned a lot of trust by that point. Somehow it all worked out.

Now as a mom of a little boy (close in age to RR actually) I admit that I pray everyday he makes it into adulthood safe and alive. I will also say that if my son had graduated high school and was getting involved with a young lady who hadn't yet started high school that would definitely give me pause. Honestly, if my son was neurotypical, (and so far he seems to be)I would question if the scenario was a bit predatory. I might not be able to stop the relationship but I wouldn't enable it and, because I am a mandatory reporter, if I couldn't be assured it was over I would likely have to report it. [Obviously there are nuances to this and I just pray I am never on either side of this with my son or daughter.]

Perhaps JW's mother or father had similar concerns. Or perhaps they were comfortable with HR and were under the mistaken belief that the relationship was not a sexual one. Or perhaps JW was not neurotypical and they felt HR was a comparable peer, in spite of the chronological age gap, for that reason.

It's also possible HR's parents didn't approve of her dating a much older boy at that age. We shouldn't assume they consented or even knew the full extent of the relationship. They may have been sneaking around at first. I also wonder how much control HR had over the relationship. At age 14, with a 19 yr old man, he was likely manipulating her a great deal.

Thanks for the link.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

We can sleuth the property subject of the warrant?

A neighbor said he counted at least 33 police vehicles that went up the farm, which includes a church, several barns, and a large home. The Wagner breed horse, American Mastiffs and pigs on the property, which includes a church. The neighbor said he saw a vehicle marked with SWAT, an ambulance, and one that appeared to be an amphibious-type vehicle.

Wow, I would like to have a church too on my property.*

33 cars and SWAT TEAM was a big staff for a search warrants on a farm with a church. Especially when the children are gone on vacation in Alaska* (see link provided earlier)

An amphibious-type vehicle? Wth? Did LE have divers search lakes on the property? The guns that killed the Rhodens are somewhere!

Incompetence?

They may have thought his vehicle was disabled if the tracking device showed no movement.

Former US Senator, current Ohio Attorney General and candidate for Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has been personally overseeing this case. I have a feeling he and BCI knew it was disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie