OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to our media partners at the Cincinnati Enquirer, the warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime.
http://www.fox19.com/story/35435841/warrant-investigators-put-gps-tracker-on-truck-of-rhoden-victims-brother

I wonder if Judge Hogan would be interested in knowing that JM didn't own that truck at the time of the murders for which he approved a search warrant (gps tracker).

The truck was sold for $200, the last time I paid $200 for a vehicle, I bought it from my dad, that's the kind of thing families do for each other to pay less taxes, not Craigslist sellers.
Maybe JM bought the truck from an immediate family member.

The truck was sold for $200, the last time I paid $200 for a vehicle, I bought it from my dad, that's the kind of thing families do for each other to pay less taxes, not Craigslist sellers.
Maybe JM bought the truck from an immediate family member.

In the interview yesterday, when asked who sold JM the truck, LM replied "some friend, I don't know".

In the interview yesterday, when asked who sold JM the truck, LM replied "some friend, I don't know".

Knowing what he knows about that truck, I find that hard to believe, that he doesn't know who the "friend" is that sold JM a truck used in the commission of "aggravated murder".

Many of you have made good points related to the whereabouts of the Ws. I was puzzled by the Alaska info reported earlier. But thinking furthermore, it is quite possible that:

1) the W family wanted to raise the children in an environment away from the drama despite their strong roots in the county.

2) the W family is not answering the media to avoid feeding gossip and mandated a lawyer to speak with LE

3) the Alaska story could be true or completely fabricated to send the media and lurkers off-track.

Time will tell. If the above is the right reading, the wish of the family should be respected.

If I read the posted copy of the search warrant correctly, the warrant was for the truck itself and not JM. He was arrested because he took the tracker off and destroyed it. I take this to mean that LE knows that the truck itself was used (by its former owner or someone he/she let borrow the truck) in some way related to an aggravated murder. The aggravated murder not given. The only thing specific on that warrant was the truck info IMO, the judge knew what he was signing.

If I read the posted copy of the search warrant correctly, the warrant was for the truck itself and not JM. He was arrested because he took the tracker off and destroyed it. I take this to mean that LE knows that the truck itself was used (by its former owner or someone he/she let borrow the truck) in some way related to an aggravated murder. The aggravated murder not given. The only thing specific on that warrant was the truck info IMO, the judge knew what he was signing.

It just doesn't make sense.
Tracking the truck, not JM?
Trucks don't commit aggravated murder, the people that drive them do.

Maybe there was another aggravated murder somewhere since he bought the truck.

Maybe someone already retaliated against the people that killed his family?

None of this is based on anything but my speculation of how this puzzle piece could fit somewhere.

Removing the children from the Rhoden family, but not opposing JW's custody application for S REAKS of evil and corruption.

JW is the natural father of S. If the mother is dead the father gets full custody unless there is a known and provable reason he isn't suitable

The other two kids have no known, living parents. They are orphans and family members, even grandparents, are not automatically granted custody. Even when no crime is involved.

It just doesn't make sense.
Tracking the truck, not JM?
Trucks don't commit aggravated murder, the people that drive them do.

Maybe there was another aggravated murder somewhere since he bought the truck.

Maybe someone already retaliated against the people that killed his family?

None of this is based on anything but my speculation of how this puzzle piece could fit somewhere.
sometimes drug runs involve vehicles modified with special compartments to allow a large volume of drugs to be concealed from view. if that were the case (or suspected) then it could have an ongoing connection to high risk criminal activity even after ownership is transferred. i don't really think that's the case, just an idea. jmo.

The 911 call has always struck me as off for 2 reasons. If I found my BIL and a friend in that condition I would have ran screaming the ten steps to my nephew's trailer and banged on the door to alert them and to tell them call 911 (since she didn't have her phone on her person) So my 911 call would have been more like Help, they're all dead not just 2 of them. The other thing that nagged at me was why would she even mention the key? Again, if it were me, who the hell cares how I got in? It wouldn't even register as an important detail to mention during that call. Only later, when I was questioned would I get around to insignificant details. (Insignificant to me, as an innocent person traumatized and in shock) If all of their cars are still parked outside, I don't even know that I would be concerned enough to use the key without knocking on the door for a while, going next door to ask if HG if she knows if CR and GR are around since their cars are still here.
It could be, and really may be, that she edited out and added a lot of what she did when she arrived because she didn't want to incriminate herself if her duties did include tending to the shed.
If the 911 call is suspicious to me, it may have been suspicious to LE and that is why they have always felt she knows more than she is saying. LM did say mention something about LE and the statements BJM made about what she when she first got there.

JW is the natural father of S. If the mother is dead the father gets full custody unless there is a known and provable reason he isn't suitable

The other two kids have no known, living parents. They are orphans and family members, even grandparents, are not automatically granted custody. Even when no crime is involved.

The only thing you said not known is DNA results on HR's baby. Either they know the father or it is not any one who was tested. DNA results had to be finished long ago. One would have to assume it is not JW or he would have custody by now since they had no problem giving him custody of his other child. But, the way everything has been done in this case., anything is possible... I wonder if no one tested was the father, did they do the Familial DNA test.

I live in southern OH and this is the funniest comment I've ever see on WS. 😂
Money and influence mean different rules EVERYWHERE, not just southern OH.

I stand corrected. That didn't come out the way I intended, brain not working right. :facepalm:

Yeah, money and power change the rules everywhere. This web site is full of cases demonstrating that.

The 911 call has always struck me as off for 2 reasons. If I found my BIL and a friend in that condition I would have ran screaming the ten steps to my nephew's trailer and banged on the door to alert them and to tell them call 911 (since she didn't have her phone on her person) So my 911 call would have been more like Help, they're all dead not just 2 of them. The other thing that nagged at me was why would she even mention the key? Again, if it were me, who the hell cares how I got in? It wouldn't even register as an important detail to mention during that call. Only later, when I was questioned would I get around to insignificant details. (Insignificant to me, as an innocent person traumatized and in shock) If all of their cars are still parked outside, I don't even know that I would be concerned enough to use the key without knocking on the door for a while, going next door to ask if HG if she knows if CR and GR are around since their cars are still here.
It could be, and really may be, that she edited out and added a lot of what she did when she arrived because she didn't want to incriminate herself if her duties did include tending to the shed.
If the 911 call is suspicious to me, it may have been suspicious to LE and that is why they have always felt she knows more than she is saying. LM did say mention something about LE and the statements BJM made about what she when she first got there.

I always thought there was a bit of overacting in that phone call.

raisin.

they don't speak southern and they don't speak northern. it's a dialect all it's own that has been referred to as " they speak south". it is a mix of southern from Kentucky influence, holler from west Virginia, and then you throw in some weird mix of mid Pennsylvania dutch. you go in there trying to talk like a southerner from Georgia or a northerner from as near by as Columbus and you will stick out like a sore thumb.

raisin.

they don't speak southern and they don't speak northern. it's a dialect all it's own that has been referred to as " they speak south". it is a mix of southern from Kentucky influence, holler from west Virginia, and then you throw in some weird mix of mid Pennsylvania dutch. you go in there trying to talk like a southerner from Georgia or a northerner from as near by as Columbus and you will stick out like a sore thumb.

I had to listen to the interview with LM several times to make out what he was saying. I finally put on some headphones. Emotion could be causing his accent to become more pronounced. Heaven knows the man has plenty to be emotional about.

Click here: Ohio AG: Killings 'pre-planned,' pot grows found at murder sites | 9news.com

I was looking at MSM photos and this is a photo of DR's home the morning the bodies were discovered.

Is it just me or does the pavement outside look wet? I don't remember this ever being discussed on here. But if it rained the night of the murders is it possible there was muddy footprints at the crime scenes, especially FR and KR's neither of whom had a sidewalk. Or, if not footprints, at the very least mud tracked in by the killers?

Opinion anyone?

raisin.

It's a similar accent to that in the Ozarks, as most Ozarker's ancestors came from WV, KY & TN Appalachia. But our cousins to the east speak faster. Interesting about the dutch, but I can hear it now that you mention it.

I'm not a journalist, but it seems you need to show some respect towards people you're interviewing. Cultivating trust involves more than an accent.

I'm not LE but I was raised with a family member who was a homicide detective in a city that had its share of homicides. I heard a lot about his line of work, investigation techniques, psychological techniques, and over-all, how LE solves murder cases. This was long ago, in the 1960's, but my relative's team had an excellent solve and conviction rate in the days before dna testing was available and some of the cases were incredibly complex.

Based on what I heard from him and how he and his team went about solving murders, my thoughts are that LE had to question her the following reasons:

1. She is a close family member of the victims.
2. She found four of the bodies.
3. She contaminated two crime scenes by entering them and walking around.
4. How did she know Bentley was in FR's trailer and why did she she enter the second trailer after finding CR SR and GR murdered, especially when LE was on their way?
5. Why were the two other people with her so early in the morning and was this out of the ordinary or had she brought them with her before as she did her chores? Did either of her friends enter any of the homes?
6. What did she know about the grow operations?

Since they have given her two polygraphs (according to BJM), they apparently had a lot of questions for her. As for whether she passed the polygraphs, we only have her statement that she did.

As for suspicion of JM, we don't know for sure if he walked around in DR's home. I believe his wife reported that he opened the door, saw Dana and backed out. Again, he is also a close family member and he discovered a murder scene when LE was either on their way or had just gotten to the scene.

From LM we know now that JM sent a text to JW that night, at some point in time. We also know from LM that JM failed a polygraph recently. My guess is LE knows what was in that text message and exactly when he sent it. JM's wife was also texting DR at some point in time before the murders.

I know LM is extremely upset that LE continues to question his family, but those closest to the victims, especially close family members, are always first to be questioned when people are murdered. They have to be ruled out so LE can move forward in their investigation.

I don't for one minute believe that LE has some secret agenda to harass the Manley family or to try to pin a murder charge on JM. I do believe they have reason to believe that some members of the family have not been forthcoming with information and that could include inconsistent statements and/or not being able to satisfactorily explain certain things that are pertinent to the investigation. We don't know what LE knows. They aren't saying.

As LE has stated several times, they are being especially quiet about the case and this is taking a long time because they only have one chance to get it right and they want a successful prosecution when the time comes.

Edited to add: DeWine is a very ambitious man. This is the biggest murder case in the history of the state of Ohio. Is he going to put his reputation and future career on the line to enter into a conspiracy with some locals to harass the family of the murder victims? There's lots of talk about corruption and I'm not local, but I do know that there are lots of people involved in this case and it would take a huge conspiracy with many people to try to falsely hang a murder charge on an innocent person. All it would take is one person who knows of the conspiracy to talk (and that usually happens) and it would blow this sky high and DeWine would be ruined. I don't think he would take that chance, personally.

Click here: Ohio AG: Killings 'pre-planned,' pot grows found at murder sites | 9news.com

I was looking at MSM photos and this is a photo of DR's home the morning the bodies were discovered.

Is it just me or does the pavement outside look wet? I don't remember this ever being discussed on here. But if it rained the night of the murders is it possible there was muddy footprints at the crime scenes, especially FR and KR's neither of whom had a sidewalk. Or, if not footprints, at the very least mud tracked in by the killers?

Opinion anyone?

Here's the Weather Underground historical report for that day. Closest weather station is in Wilmington, OH

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=45661&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Here's the link for Rickenbacker Airport history, which is used for Chillicothe

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=45601&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Both show some rain in the early morning hours of April 22 2016. Likely there would be mud and tracking, especially at CRSr's place & Frankie's. There would probably be tire tracks, too.

It also would have been cloudy and dark that night, even though there was a full moon. I recall we looked at some of this data back then.

Opinion anyone?

I did some research on weather conditions the night of 4/21 and the morning of 4/22 last year and the observations at the Wilmington Ohio station indicated light rain and temps in the 50s overnight. The station in Huntington WV to the southeast had similar observations.

Weather Underground is the site that I used as it has very detailed historical weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member