The enhanced 911 ending

Anyone know where the information on Burke's remark to the GJ came from?

Thank you for listening :)
Until recently I hadn't come across this so am really interested in what others hear. Especially as this part seems much clearer than the end of the call.
That's exactly what I thought too Peace777, it wouldn't 'make sense' why she would have to tell whomever that the phone at 911 is ringing but what if John wasn't where he said he was and she was panicking to get him to come to her whilst she was making the call.
In all honesty, I don't have a clue but that's all I can constantly hear.

Thank you for listening :)
Until recently I hadn't come across this so am really interested in what others hear. Especially as this part seems much clearer than the end of the call.
That's exactly what I thought too Peace777, it wouldn't 'make sense' why she would have to tell whomever that the phone at 911 is ringing but what if John wasn't where he said he was and she was panicking to get him to come to her whilst she was making the call.
In all honesty, I don't have a clue but that's all I can constantly hear.

Is there anyway for you to slow that recording just alittle?

Hello Luckymanuh,
I'm really sorry but I don't know how to do this. Zoriah might be able to help out as he/she has played around with the end of the tape.
Your help/tech advice would be great if you're reading Zoriah?

Not sure exactly, but I believe Burke and his lawyers were privy to all "media" that contained Burke's comments or voice. Since, his voice was on the 911 tape, the Ramsey's were given a copy before Burke testified before the GJ. When the Ramsey's found out that Burke told the GJ that the voice on the tape sounded like his, the Ramsey's quickly changed their story in 2001, and claimed he was awake before the 911 call. After the dust settled, and the Ramsey's were "cleared" they went back to saying he was not awake before the 911 call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Luckymanuh,
I'm really sorry but I don't know how to do this. Zoriah might be able to help out as he/she has played around with the end of the tape.
Your help/tech advice would be great if you're reading Zoriah?
I’m not Zoriah, but I’ve played around a bit with the recording also. I haven’t seen Zoriah for a while, so until she gets here to provide her expertise, I’ll try to fill in.

The beginning of the 911 call has always fascinated me because most transcripts only show it as “inaudible.” I don’t think it is at all. To me, it’s very obvious what’s being said; and had the BPD been aware of it, it might have changed the direction of the investigation.

Since this has come up again, here’s what I did: Using my sound editing software (WavePad -- free, BTW), I isolated the first words up until Patsy finishes saying the word “Police!” Then, using that same software program, I “sampled” the ambient noise at the beginning before any words are recorded, and then applied the “noise reduction” to the entire clip. This removes the background noise from the actual recorded conversation so the words are clearer because they’re unaffected by the noise. I also reduced the volume of the connection “clicks” because they were distracting. Then within the program I opened each of the two files so I could record a video of their audiographs being played for comparison. I uploaded the resulting video to Youtube (below). Keep in mind that audio formats on Youtube are not high quality like they are in the original MP3 file, so Youtube is not a good medium for listening for subtle sound nuances. The Youtube video is only for visualizing the recordings. If you care to listen to the higher quality MP3s, I uploaded them to Mediafire in a folder here (feel free to download, copy, distribute):

https://www.mediafire.com/#1er21c2ksz25h

Is there anyway for you to slow that recording just alittle?
I tried slowing it down, but it doesn’t really improve the ability to discern what is said. In fact, by slowing it, it seems to create an “echo” effect that makes it even less understandable. (I guess that’s what you get with free, public domain software.)

Anyway, here’s the Youtube video:

[video=youtube;g6-QoRz__z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6-QoRz__z4[/video]

(https://youtu.be/g6-QoRz__z4)

Oh, BTW, a “little birdie” told me there was a discussion about the beginning of the 911-call at FFJ from years ago when Tricia hired a lab to see if they could get anything out of it. I think they got it right except for the first word (JMHO). (And if anyone wants to know who the “little birdie” is... All I can say is that she’s a "Tweety Pie.") Here’s a link to that thread:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?4036-New-911-lab-update

Oh Wow otg!!
I don't personally know Zoriah and i'm sure she's really great but what you have done is fantastic!!

Also, thank you so very much for the discussion link, I've searched in vain for a thread on this specific topic to no avail. I'm going to make this my read for the evening :)

Could I just please ask if https://www.mediafire.com/#1er21c2ksz25h is the right link as when I click, it just takes me to an upload page?

HUGE thanks again to you otg :)

What 'remark' do you mean? Are you talking about when Burke told the gj that the voice on the enhanced 911 call sounded like him, but he still denied being present for the 911 call?

If so, that quote comes from a document obtained by Dateline and aired on their JBR special that came out last fall. It seems to be some sort of a summary of the case, but it was never explained exactly what the document they showed on screen was. I'm too lazy to link but if you check out the 911 call threads, screenshots of the document have been posted and you can see it for yourself. Hope that helps!

It really puzzles me that almost no attention has been focused on this mystery document. And why didn't Dateline show more of it!? Clearly they went through some trouble to dig it up because no one has seen it before, yet it's just a blip on the screen.i want to see the whole thing.

I've listened to the phone call about a million times now, and by this point, I can't help but hear the same thing over and over again: something along the lines of "help (gasp), we need (gasp), police!"

Honestly, I don't think there's really anything to discern from it. If there were voices heard before the operator, then it would be extremely relevant, but since we hear this after the operator begins the call, I simply believe that PR was addressing the operator. The fact that we don't know her exact words -- God, Hun, Help -- is somewhat moot. I particularly believe this because, I don't believe in the slightest that JR was right by her on the ground reading the ransom note; I don't believe that at all. I believe he was some distance away (at least one room over), with BR; and that PR ran to both after she "hung up" the call. I particularly believe this because, when the operator asks "does it say who took her," PR makes absolutely zero attempt to relay that question to JR, who is supposedly reading the note right next her; she instead reads it off the note herself. I want to make mention, that another poster pointed this out originally -- I want to say it was Tortoise (or something along those lines). He hasn't been here for a while and I miss his posts.

What 'remark' do you mean? Are you talking about when Burke told the gj that the voice on the enhanced 911 call sounded like him, but he still denied being present for the 911 call?

If so, that quote comes from a document obtained by Dateline and aired on their JBR special that came out last fall. It seems to be some sort of a summary of the case, but it was never explained exactly what the document they showed on screen was. I'm too lazy to link but if you check out the 911 call threads, screenshots of the document have been posted and you can see it for yourself. Hope that helps!

It really puzzles me that almost no attention has been focused on this mystery document. And why didn't Dateline show more of it!? Clearly they went through some trouble to dig it up because no one has seen it before, yet it's just a blip on the screen.i want to see the whole thing.

This was known before the DATELINE Doc but they did show and highlight it on the show.

4eaeb4805c5fff7f60b3075ede731fd0.png

1cecad85b462da1ea8604a6c7ef98b3e.png

Could it be that she said, "i'm ringing them...Police...". Maybe to tell John that she was calling the police because she knew her next course of action would be to call the Whites?

(bbm)
I've listened to the phone call about a million times now, and by this point, I can't help but hear the same thing over and over again: something along the lines of "help (gasp), we need (gasp), police!"

Honestly, I don't think there's really anything to discern from it. If there were voices heard before the operator, then it would be extremely relevant, but since we hear this after the operator begins the call, I simply believe that PR was addressing the operator. The fact that we don't know her exact words -- God, Hun, Help -- is somewhat moot. I particularly believe this because, I don't believe in the slightest that JR was right by her on the ground reading the ransom note; I don't believe that at all. I believe he was some distance away (at least one room over), with BR; and that PR ran to both after she "hung up" the call. I particularly believe this because, when the operator asks "does it say who took her," PR makes absolutely zero attempt to relay that question to JR, who is supposedly reading the note right next her; she instead reads it off the note herself. I want to make mention, that another poster pointed this out originally -- I want to say it was Tortoise (or something along those lines). He hasn't been here for a while and I miss his posts.
Ah, but not all of the words heard are after the 911-operator speaks.

There are two words that sound very similar: The first word (which I believe is "one") and the second word (which I believe is "Hon'" -- a Southern word of endearment). The first word is spoken before Archuleta says the words, "9-1-1 emergency." Then Patsy says, "Hon' we need 'em..." Listen again to the recording and notice Patsy's change in tone between those words, Patsy's gasp for air, and then her exclaimed, "Police!" Remember, she's probably been up all night in the biggest nightmare of her life. She's answering the person right there in front of her before she realizes that the phone has been answered. That's why she stopped mid-sentence and blurted out the word "Police!" She's alerting John that the call has been answered and that he needs to shut Burke up.

Since the two words sound so similar, for years I assumed they were both the same shortened version of the word "Honey" and were both spoken by Patsy. It was CircuitGuy who convinced me that was wrong. I also did audiographs (histograms) of the two words for comparison.

Userid, you might remember all this because I know we've discussed it before. This is (I guess) a "refresher" for the new posters who weren't here and might benefit from some of the previous work and discussions. There are links to the recordings and a screencap of the histogram here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12569332#post12569332

Thanks DrollForiegnFaction! That is exactly what I was asking about. I'm going to research your suggestion and then I'll share.

Hi guys, sorry for not being around as much. OTG, as usual, did a bang up job of providing the snippets needed for closer examination. I concur with him/her that slowing the beginning down doesn't seem to make things that much clearer in terms of discerning words.

However, I did take OTG's files and slow them down 10% more anyway, just in case you still want to hear what it sounds like. The files are converted to wavs because my free version of Audacity doesn't allow me to save in mp3.

Files are downloadable here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/33a7rj0imercqq3/jbr-911-begining_%2810%25slower%29.wav

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t07eud6zydxx84l/jbr-911-begining_(noise_red_10%_slower).wav

I've spent the morning re-listening to various versions of the beginning and I'm still on the fence as to what I am hearing. "Hon, we need 'em", or "hurry, we need an-" are still my main picks. Still don't know what the very first word is, although it sounds like "- one?" to me, not John.

If anyone is interested in looking more into what that Dateline document might be and what it says (without the floating graphic obscuring the text), I point you towards this thread - which has the HD pics I uploaded, and several transcripts later in the thread of the partial pages:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-Solved-Case-In-1999&p=12835492#post12835492

It was my impression it was a final summary statement made by the grand jurors at the conclusion of the trial. The numbers on the document are 71, 72, 73.

The Dateline document is fascinating. The only substantial leak from the Grand Jury I have seen. Very thoughtfully layed out. Of all the criticism of Boulder, their citizens on that jury did their duty honorably. I think they solved it. Amazing it was solved in 1999!

The Dateline document is fascinating. The only substantial leak from the Grand Jury I have seen. Very thoughtfully layed out. Of all the criticism of Boulder, their citizens on that jury did their duty honorably. I think they solved it. Amazing it was solved in 1999!

Yes in my opinion it most certainly was!!!

You're closer than most on this forum. A few things though:

1. The sounds at the beginning are a red herring. The words portion of what people here think is solely Patsy speaking prior to blurting "POLICE" lasts around 0.93 seconds. People here think they are hearing a complete sentence in that under-1-second timeframe, with a complete understandable subject, object verb and understandable point, timed perfectly to start at that exact fraction of a second it can be heard after the 911 operator's "911 Emergency" and also concluding in the fraction of a second before "GASP - POLICE" to get that complete sentence which also conveniently fits the narrative of their theory. It's incredibly naive, and also flat out wrong.

2. Words sounds change when you take off parts of the words. You would think that isn't true, but it actually is. I can cut out part of the operator saying "emergency" at the point you would think it would sound like "urgency" but I can make it sound like "arkansas". I've done it with hundreds of different sections of the call, it's easily replicable across all sections of the call. Portions of words do not sound like a portion of the word, when the surrounding parts are removed. It's a strange thing about how the surrounding parts of words effect the interpretation of the rest of the words.

3. You would be infinitely wiser to focus your time on the end of the 911 call. It absolutely can be deciphered, and no one on this forum (or anywhere else publicly) has come within a mile of getting it right. It won't be easy. As you go down that rabbit hole, you'll realize why it won't be easy.

4. Don't be steered off course by any of the opinions here (including mine). The unfortunate reality is a large portion of people are fighting for their particular micro-theory of the crime to be correct, not for the truth. Including people who have injected themselves into the investigation by sending their incorrect interpretations of evidence to the actual investigators of this case, and will therefore never admit they were wrong.

5. Focus on the end of the call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back