GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

Why would they keep the cause of death so secret? If she were murdered, doesn't the public have a right to know?

Why would they keep the cause of death so secret? If she were murdered, doesn't the public have a right to know?

This is how LE acts when it is a suicide. They go quiet and take criticism in order to give the family some time and space. The slow walk the COD and release the information six months later if at all. I'm not saying that's the case here as there are definitely some irregularities that make is not likely. However, you can learn a lot about a case by observing LE behavior - especially one as professional as this LE.

The alternative is they have an obvious suspect but not enough evidence or cannot locate the suspect.

I've been following this case from the beginning and I have a different theory. The company she previously worked for, Masergy, is one of the largest government contractors for cybersecurity and cloud computing. Cell phones can be "killed" remotely (as when your cell phone is stolen and they need to deactivate it) so I am certain there is the knowledge within Megan's industry to disable her cell phone and make it look like the battery died. Someone, on this tread I believe, said they were a former co-worker and Megan was either already recently employed by a new company or about to start with a new company. However, I can't find what the new company was. Did she perhaps have a non-compete where she couldn't start the new job for 6 months, etc? It seemed like she was a stellar and long-term employee. But she was laid off and received a severance? That is kind of unusual for a large, growing company. Perhaps she "knew too much" and Masergy could not afford for her to transfer that knowledge to a competitor? Are you seeing where I'm going with this? I think it could of been a hit job staged to look like a drowning. The week after the Friday she went missing, Masergy posted an "Employee Appreciation Day" event on their Facebook page. Not one mention of their missing/deceased colleague. I'm wondering if any of them went to her funeral. Very bizarre that there has been seemingly no information shared from her new employer/previous employer. Hoping the detectives will visit with them. Just my 2 cents....

This is how LE acts when it is a suicide. They go quiet and take criticism in order to give the family some time and space. The slow walk the COD and release the information six months later if at all. I'm not saying that's the case here as there are definitely some irregularities that make is not likely. However, you can learn a lot about a case by observing LE behavior - especially one as professional as this LE.

The alternative is they have an obvious suspect but not enough evidence or cannot locate the suspect.

I had been leaning that way but then crimestoppers put out a reward asking for information related to her "suspicious death." Would they retract that if it was deemed a suicide or just quietly let it go?

I had been leaning that way but then crimestoppers put out a reward asking for information related to her "suspicious death." Would they retract that if it was deemed a suicide or just quietly let it go?

Good point... there are a few things that point away from suicide here. To answer your question, I think they would quietly let it go but clearly they did not think it was suicide at one point... and maybe still don't.

Was it only the cops being quiet and evidence of how she got there known then I would think suicide but there is too much to think that for me. I definitely don't think it was a hit or any other conspiracy from work related stuff. This just seems like creepy neighbor/friend/coworker or obsessed stranger murder. Or random if the killer has the Israel Keyes thing where he I guess said he would not be picky and would take what he got when it comes to waiting in the wilderness for some poor person to appear.

Any news on the other guy who's body was found though?

Was it only the cops being quiet and evidence of how she got there known then I would think suicide but there is too much to think that for me. I definitely don't think it was a hit or any other conspiracy from work related stuff. This just seems like creepy neighbor/friend/coworker or obsessed stranger murder. Or random if the killer has the Israel Keyes thing where he I guess said he would not be picky and would take what he got when it comes to waiting in the wilderness for some poor person to appear.

Any news on the other guy who's body was found though?

Assumimg he hasn't Been ID 'ed yet . At least I haven't seen any follow -up report yet .

Assumimg he hasn't Been ID 'ed yet . At least I haven't seen any follow -up report yet .

I wonder if they'd release his name if it is someone who could be related to her murder because they're a victim also. If it could be to their advantage to not say once they found it out and thought it's connected that is.

I can't find any updates on Megan.....any locals have any updates? TIA

Bumping up for Megan! Is there any new information any of the locals have y'all heard anything? This case all around is very strange! There's not enough information and very suspicious circumstances in which they found her! I thought that I would be reading more about this case!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bumping up for Megan! Is there any new information any of the locals have y'all heard anything? This case all around is very strange! There's not enough information and very suspicious circumstances in which they found her! I thought that I would be reading more about this case!

Nothing. Her case has completely disappeared from public consciousness. :( . I haven't heard anything in weeks.

Nothing. Her case has completely disappeared from public consciousness. :( . I haven't heard anything in weeks.

I don't understand with the crime stoppers reward out there. Are police really investigating? It doesn't add up for me. Megan's obituary says her "life was ended" too soon. If it were self-inflicted, would the family say "was ended"? To me that makes it sound like a third party was involved. Not just ended, but WAS ended.

I could be reading too much into it, but I want to make sure we fight for justice for Megan if necessary. She seemed really special.

I don't understand with the crime stoppers reward out there. Are police really investigating? It doesn't add up for me. Megan's obituary says her "life was ended" too soon. If it were self-inflicted, would the family say "was ended"? To me that makes it sound like a third party was involved. Not just ended, but WAS ended.

I could be reading too much into it, but I want to make sure we fight for justice for Megan if necessary. She seemed really special.
COMPLETE silence?? OMG! It just seems so darn odd!! Gosh, I sure hope that they're (LE) just keeping information close to thier vest, until they can completely build their case!

I think about this case a lot. I hope the silence is because they have a good idea of what happened and not because they're not looking. I would think her family and friends would be more outspoken if that were the case.

My guess is suicide.

I'm not close enough to be considered a verified insider, however I'd be shocked if her death is ruled a suicide.

BBM. Me too. It makes no sense for a woman so seemingly compassionate to put her family through an elaborate suicide. It was obvious there was no immediate indication of suicide for CrimeStoppers to offer a reward for information. Or for her apartment complex to have a safety course. It makes no sense for her to jump through so many illogical hoops to somehow get to Lake Ray Hubbard to do that. IMO I strongly doubt it was a suicide. By all accounts it seems like she was really full of life and enjoyed doing things her way.

As an aside, I was out hiking the other day and came face to face with a woman on the trail who looked so much like Megan, it really gave me a start. I really hope they find out what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back