UK - 22 dead in explosion at Ariana Grande gig, Manchester, 22 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK Deploys Army As Terror Threat Raised To Critical, May Warns "More Attacks Imminent"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...eat-level-critical-deploys-military-personnel

“Members of the armed forces deployed in this way will be under the command of police officers,” May said, adding that "we cannot ignore that there is a wider group of individuals linked to Manchester attack".

May continued: "I do not want the public to feel unduly alarmed. "We have faced a serious terror threat in our country for many years and the operational response I have just outlined is a proportionate and sensible response to the threat that our security experts judge we face.

Noticed the title of the thread, where there two bombs? I haven't seen anything after that there were.

I've wondered the same thing. I've read several articles where witnesses claim to have heard two explosions. Not sure if one bomb can go off twice or what that is about.

"A brave aunt who 'shielded' her young niece from the deadly Manchester terror blast has died, MailOnline can reveal.

A family member has confirmed Kelly Brewster died in the terrorist attack in Manchester Arena last night.

There had been hopes throughout the day that Ms Brewster was injured and unconscious in hospital but office confirmed at about 10:30 this evening that she had passed away.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ce-Manchester-bomb-missing.html#ixzz4hwfZuhAR

May Kelly Brewster Rest In Peace.
Oh dear. I was reading about Kelly. The force of the explosion broke her sister's jaw and both her nieces legs and peppered them with nuts n bolts. She must have taken most of the force of the blast herself. Terrible news. I fear we will have some similar still to come unfortunately.

I've wondered the same thing. I've read several articles where witnesses claim to have heard two explosions. Not sure if one bomb can go off twice or what that is about.

Actually, police exploded what they thought was a second device. Not sure what police actually detonated but they warned people that there would be a second explosion and that it was precautionary. Was posted on Twitter by authorities last night but no later update was provided.

Maybe that's why people think there were two explosions?

Sorry when it was breaking news last night there were reports of two explosions at the arena. Obviously we know today that wasn't the case. Hopefully a moderator can change it please when they have a moment.

Actually, police exploded what they thought was a second device. Not sure what police actually detonated but they warned people that there would be a second explosion and that it was precautionary. Was posted on Twitter by authorities last night but no later update was provided.

They blew up they thought was a suspicious package in Cathedral Gardens not far from the arena it turned out to be discarded clothing.

I'm talking about right after the first explosion went off. People inside the Arena were saying they heard two. Possible reporter mistake though too.

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mirr...ter-arena-explosions-first-video-10478842.amp

Sorry when it was breaking news last night there were reports of two explosions at the arena. Obviously we know today that wasn't the case. Hopefully a moderator can change it please when they have a moment.

I have missed some of the latest reporting. Do you have a link confirming there was just one explosion? I can edit the title if we have confirmation.

Noticed the title of the thread, where there two bombs? I haven't seen anything after that there were.

Earliest reports were that people heard two loud booms. But some say it could have been an echo or something that fell later etc.

Yesterday many articles quoted here said that two bombs went off at the arena. He could have triggered one remotely and then himself.

Oh ok, I didn't hear yet that it was officially corrected to one bomb.

Disregard my previous post.

Does anyone know when tickets for this show went on sale?

We think that this is Isis at it's worst---but look what is going on RIGHT NOW in the Philippines:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-street-battle-terrorist-jihadi-a7751406.html
Residents of Marawi City, in the south of the country, were urged to remain indoors as at least 15 gunmen from a Muslim rebel group called Maute stormed the streets brandishing assault rifles.

The group, which is also known as the Islamic State of Lanao, have reportedly received support from Isis.

Local reports suggested that the militants had entered a local hospital and raised a black Isis flag above the roof, although this information was officially verified by the army.

Witnesses reported seeing men in attire similar to that worn by Isis militants walking the streets before firing at houses and government buildings.

"There [were] no indications that an attack like this will happen. There are no checkpoints in the city," one resident said. "Everything is in silence. No news about the city government. Everything is vague."

The Eagles of Death Metal (the Band from the Paris terrorist attack) put out a documentary after the attack, on HBO. It sort of comes from the performers point of view. And they were full grown adults.....http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/eagles-of-death-metal-nos-amis-our-friends

I have watched it twice.

Wow...

"Examining the November 2015 Paris terrorist attacks from the perspective of the American rock band whose performance was cut short by the unspeakable violence, this emotional documentary chronicles the band's return to Paris to finish the show, both for their fans and themselves."

It looks like security is being beefed up at concert events here in the States as well:

"Fans of U2 should expect to see some beefed-up security measures at Wednesday's concert at NRG Stadium as a result of the bombing in Manchester, England that killed 22 people at an Ariana Grande show.

On Tuesday, Houston police chief Art Acevado said the department routinely reviews security procedures before any large-scale event in the city.

"We have taken out and dusted off our plans to make sure we are not missing anything," he said. "We're always looking at what's going on at all special events in our city.""

http://www.chron.com/about/article/Security-increased-for-Wednesday-s-U2-concert-11168350.php

Charlotte Campbell has just confirmed her daughter Olivia has died in the attack. Heartbreaking.

May Olivia Campbell Rest In Peace.

"(CNN)The United Kingdom will deploy soldiers to take over guard duties at key sites so elite police can focus on the threat of another terror attack.

While the sight of a member of the armed forces outside concert venues and sporting events may be jarring, in every case the soldiers will be under the command of police officers, the Prime Minister said.

The presence of troops comes as the UK raised its threat level to "critical," its highest. Such a level indicates another attack could be "imminent.""

Snip

""The work undertaken throughout the day has revealed that it is a possibility that we cannot ignore, that there is a wider group of individuals linked to this attack,"*May said in a speech Tuesday.

As a result, the UK has opted to escalate its security presence and has activated a plan called Operation Temperer.

As part of the plan, soldiers will replace police officer at key sites, May said. She didn't elaborate what kinds of sites. They are likely to include railway stations and airports.

"You might also see military personnel deployed at certain events such as concerts and sports matches, helping the police to keep the public safe," she said."

[video=cnn;world/2017/05/23/theresa-may-uk-threat-level-critical-manchester-attack.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/europe/uk-terror-threat-level-critical-soldiers/index.html[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member