VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

I agree about the car positioning being terrifying. Those photos of it and the barn still give me the creeps every time I look at them, years later. If one knew absolutely nothing about the case and only saw those photos without any point of reference, I can't imagine anyone not finding them frightening and creepy.

The placement of the car almost looks like some sort of statement, like it's on display, put there for show or whatnot. I HIGHLY doubt it but it is something that's always gnawed at me.

the desolation of the road also gives me the creeps and I think it's because how easily it really would be to abduct someone from that point with little to no witnesses. Thirteen years is really too long to not have any answers, someone knows something and that frustrates me because all the missing people in this world meant something to someone and to not have answers is really tragic.

Not only is it extremely easy to abduct someone from the road in that area of Vermont but it is also extremely easy to hide a body which is the most scary part to me. It's something I think about a lot everytime I go there. I'm pretty sure that if we were to dig up an entire field we could stumble on human remains dating back to the early parts of the 20th century.

Not only is it extremely easy to abduct someone from the road in that area of Vermont but it is also extremely easy to hide a body which is the most scary part to me. It's something I think about a lot everytime I go there. I'm pretty sure that if we were to dig up an entire field we could stumble on human remains dating back to the early parts of the 20th century.

Definitely would scare me as well sounds like it's not a road I'd like to be alone on. It makes me wonder also what remains would be there or if they would end up to a resolution in this case.

I still hope and strongly believe that the authorities will find remains, it's just going to be extremely hard for various reasons, one of them being that the State Police absolutely need search warrants to go on private properties and the locals are quite reluctant to just give in to that sort of scrutiny. I was however told that come spring more ground searches will be conducted so I'm anxious to see what area will be searched.

I still hope and strongly believe that the authorities will find remains, it's just going to be extremely hard for various reasons, one of them being that the State Police absolutely need search warrants to go on private properties and the locals are quite reluctant to just give in to that sort of scrutiny. I was however told that come spring more ground searches will be conducted so I'm anxious to see what area will be searched.

Any update!

I have no idea, not every information is given directly to me. ^^ Usually what police do they don't tell the public unless need be. They know exactly where to look, they just need a search warrant and further evidence.

Far too many people get away with murder just because they succeed in hiding a body. We need to see more people charged and convicted even when the body can't be found.

Murder convictions without a body are definitely possible, I'm not just a big fan of that because justice is never totally complete for the families.

Murder convictions without a body are definitely possible, I'm not just a big fan of that because justice is never totally complete for the families.
There was a case like that in NH years back, but all the right pieces have to fall into place. In this case, police knew two people were involved and neither were talking. They put on enough pressure that eventually one was granted immunity for testifying against the other one who in fact carried out the murder, thus resulting in a conviction without a body.

However, everything needs to come together just right. If no one caves in and talks then it's difficult to move in that direction unless there are troves of circumstantial evidence...which doesn't seem to be the case with Brianna.

But the wheels of justice move slow sometimes, I'd like to think with the announcement of DNA in her car they are just methodically building a case.

I do feel confident police know some of the pertinent people in this case and have an idea of what happened but just need to further solidify it to make a strong case and move forward.

There was a case like that in NH years back, but all the right pieces have to fall into place. In this case, police knew two people were involved and neither were talking. They put on enough pressure that eventually one was granted immunity for testifying against the other one who in fact carried out the murder, thus resulting in a conviction without a body.

That's EXACTLY what needs to happen here. Someone knows and even though there may not be any blood on their hands specifically, they're afraid to come clean. Sometimes, a deal needs to be secured. This case is eminently solvable, and my gut tells me it will be before long.

Yeah, I agree it definitely can be solved as I think there are likely several people involved and likely even more who have first hand knowledge of what happened.

Unfortunately, the big problem is always fear of retaliation. But I'm sure several individuals likely have a good idea of what happened here, getting them to talk is ultimately what will break this case wide open.

My theory has always been Brianna was close with some unsavory characters and there was a falling out between some people which maybe led to her assault. There may have been suspicion the attack would subsequently cause her to go to police and perhaps name some names within the local drug trade. I think she was seen as a liability and ultimately killed for it. I don't necessarily think this was over a small drug debt.

At this point, I'm joggling between what you've just said and her having a drug debt of some sort but for which she wasn't killed necessarily. ^^

At this point, I'm joggling between what you've just said and her having a drug debt of some sort but for which she wasn't killed necessarily. ^^
I suppose it could have been over a petty debt, but it seems unusual to me that would be the primary factor. She was only 17, working high school type jobs. Most dealers aren't going to be giving away large amounts of product on credit. Sure, maybe she racked up $500 from a generous dealer but she did have paychecks in her car which I'm sure she would have used to settle some of it.

But you never know...

I still tend to think there's more to it than that.

I think the debt if there was even one didn't matter, she had pass the point of no-return, so to speak.

I suppose it could have been over a petty debt, but it seems unusual to me that would be the primary factor. She was only 17, working high school type jobs. Most dealers aren't going to be giving away large amounts of product on credit. Sure, maybe she racked up $500 from a generous dealer but she did have paychecks in her car which I'm sure she would have used to settle some of it.

But you never know...

I still tend to think there's more to it than that.

I seriously doubt this had anything whatsoever to do with debt. I think it had to do with silencing her.

That's been my belief from day one, I've since learned things that point away from that to some extent but it's still entirely possible. ^^

[h=1]Reward for Missing Vermont Girl Expires July 1; Investigators Need your Help[/h]
The family of Brianna Maitland need help in the investigation into their missing daughter

A 20-thousand dollar reward for information to help find Brianna Maitland will expire July 1st.

There was a call-in campaign in March to help find leads. Investigators at the time told us there were promising tips shared from the community.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ne...july-1-investigators-need-your-help/749571773

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back