Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The note and the ligature are crucial to pointing away from the family. The bogus note is the only thing that even suggests the presence of an intruder and the ligature is the only external evidence of foul play. If the cops arrive to find a dead JonBenet (she'd have eventually died from her head wound) with no external wounds and no note or sign of forced entry, the parents would have been arrested immediately (probable cause).

Attachments

• tumblr_opdxhuIJpR1vd5uwno1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_opdxhuIJpR1vd5uwno1_1280.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 117
^ No idea. If I had to guess:

"I have to (two) boyfriends." (heart). "Santa good." (even though that looks much more like a "G" than an "S").

"I have sarel (surreal?) friends." (this line is much more difficult).

The beginning and end of the 1st and 3rd lines are the same. Also, it appears as if vowels are missing in words at times, other than the vowels "a" and "o." I think there's an upside down "e" in "sarel."

Can you give some more background on this photo please?

Last line

I have *advertiser censored* girlfriends
I have 5ar girlfriends

My guess
I have no girlfriends

I Have Two Boyfriends

Followed on the next line with their initials, e.g.

GA and TA ... n short for and?

Next line:

I Have Five (AR) Girlfriends

AR might mean All Right appears to be some kind of shortened cellphone text code?

i.e. I have x boyfriends and y girlfriends ?

is this a jonnie b note???
I'm guessing it could be.
this person knows the alphabet but not word construction. typical 6ish id reckon.

I have two boyfriends
santas good
I have several friends

:loveyou:

AlGx

I Have Two Boyfriends.

Ganta good

I Have Sar * Friends

Seems the author is saying

I've two boyfriends,
thats good,
I Have Adjective Friends

Agree.

I have two boyfriends
that's good
I have several friends

We knew she couldn't read well. Her spelling was going to be lacking as well. Not her fault. Her priorities were thrown all out of whack.

She may have just been writing letters for practice. It may not have meant anything. Who would her "to boy fns" be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random question: this picture was taken by investigators in 1996. What do you think it says?
http://68.media.tumblr.com/6cf82a89472225981e0781ee5fc77e19/tumblr_opdxhuIJpR1vd5uwno1_1280.jpg

AIGx,

Interesting!

Do you - or anyone - know where this picture was taken? Was it taken, for example, in JB's Boulder, CO bedroom? Was this picture taken when the BPD were taking Crime Scene Photos before the discovery of JB's lifeless body was found?

Is it known that JB wrote this? Even though the spelling is off the handwriting is neat. Would the red pen / marker that was used to write this note match the pen mark found on JB's hand during the autopsy of JB? Does the heart on this note resemble the heart found drawn on JB's hand (if it was a heart)?

If this is a note written by a 6 year old JB shortly before her murder (days before; hours before) - it offers something I have never observed with The Murder of JonBenet Ramsey - it offers an insight into the mind of 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey.

The author of this note appears to be familiar with both the letter "S" and the phonetic speech sound of "S." This makes it seem unlikely that the author wrote "G A N T A" instead of "S A N T A." Unless JB said "Ganta" instead of "Santa" - the author of this note appears to be knowledgable of the letter and phonetic sound of "G" as the author writes "G O O D."

"G A N" could be "G O N E?" Or an attempt to spell "Gotcha." For example, if the 6 year old author was trying to make a joke writing "I have two boyfriends" (as if the reader is going to react "You have two boyfriends!)," with the writer expecting this type of reaction and writing "Gotcha good." Perhaps it is a 6 year old trying to make a joke:
I have two boyfriends (the reader is going to be so shocked)
Gotcha good (now the reader knows that I pulled a fast one on them - I am so funny)
I have several girlfriends (now I will write the truth - the words that the reader would have expected to read if I had not tricked the reader with my joke of having two boyfriends)

Regardless, if this was written by a 6 year old JB, it is a very interesting insight into JB's personality.

Reading that note gives me chills I'm under the impression she was a bright spark. Sigh.

Speaking from many years of deciphering kids' writing (I have 4 kids) and having a 6yo of my own, a lot of the time kids will leave numerous letters out of words and add letters that shouldn't be there.

I agree the top sentence is 'I have two boyfriends' and the fact that theres a heart. I can't figure out the second sentence though. 'Ganta' could possibly be Santa OR one of her boyfriends/friends names. And theres a star next to it so that gives a clue (Kids get star stickers for doing good work at school, well at least they do here, just a thought!!) And I also think the last sentence is 'I have several friends' not that I hear 6yos using the word 'several' but it could be possible I guess.

Reading that note gives me chills I'm under the impression she was a bright spark. Sigh.

Speaking from many years of deciphering kids' writing (I have 4 kids) and having a 6yo of my own, a lot of the time kids will leave numerous letters out of words and add letters that shouldn't be there.

I agree the top sentence is 'I have two boyfriends' and the fact that theres a heart. I can't figure out the second sentence though. 'Ganta' could possibly be Santa OR one of her boyfriends/friends names. And theres a star next to it so that gives a clue (Kids get star stickers for doing good work at school, well at least they do here, just a thought!!) And I also think the last sentence is 'I have several friends' not that I hear 6yos using the word 'several' but it could be possible I guess.

I could see her using the word "several" because it sounds like something she'd hear at pageants. "You'll have to wear several outfits" or "you'll need to showcase several talents" or "we have several girls here who have won XYZ!" Or "JonBenet has won several pageants in the Boulder area..."

Most 6 year olds wouldn't use it much, but kids incorporate the words they hear a lot into their vocabulary, so it seems possible to me.

(selectively and rsbm)
I agree there is no apparent evidence of antemortem compression, but this is not sufficient to rule it out.
I don't disagree. I'm simply asking why one would assume it in a theory unless it is only to consider possibilities.

ITA. For the record I'm suggesting the assault with the paintbrush came after a prior acute sexual assault, for which it was intended to mask or obfuscate. Otherwise all you have is a staged sexual assault.
Anytime you assume intent, you reach a conclusion based on your assumption. Do you really know what the intent of the paintbrush assault was?

Its an inference based on two facts:

1. The application of the paintbrush internally was intended as staging to mask a prior event.
Again, you're assuming the intent.

2. No staging was enacted for the antemortem blunt force trauma.
Unfortunately, we don't even know that the stager(s) were aware of the BFT. Even Dr. Meyer was not aware of it until he cut and peeled back her scalp during autopsy.

mmm, but why bother breaking the paintbrush, why not simply remove it alike other missing items?
MOO, it was used to change the appearance of how the strangulation occurred and obfuscate how the paintbrush had actually been used.

How did the parents know the paintbrush was used to assault JonBenet?
They saw (and attempted to clean up) the blood.

I'm assuming you consider the splinters found inside JonBenet to be artifact originating from the paintbrush? Particularly since you consider that the paintbrush was not broken prior to its use, hence no loose splinters available?
I don't think that would fit what is considered artifact. It would be pertinent evidence of what happened. But no (to answer the question), I don't think the paintbrush was broken before it was used in the assault

Was JonBenet internally assaulted only once by the paintbrush, i.e. by the person who initially assaulted her resulting in the end of the paintbrush revealing evidence of a sexual assault?
Yup. That's what I think.

Since Patsy put the remaining piece of paintbrush back into the paint-tote, forensic discovery appears to be the last thing on her mind?
Who knows? Was it simply overlooked? Was the intent to remove it later when finished with the other staging tasks and then forgotten? Was it thought that investigators wouldn't notice it amongst all the other paintbrushes? I don't know. Knowing intent or what was on someone's mind when they did something requires more ability than I possess. Perhaps we can contact Derek Acorah and ask if Mary was involved?

She could have elected to run the paintbrush under the tap, to wash it clean of any evidential residue?
I think even the Ramseys (especially John) knew that wouldn't work. Wood is fibrous and absorbs fluids. Even if the varnish was intact, running under the tap wouldn't remove microscopic evidence.

Presumably, by elimination, you assume Burke Ramsey sexually assaulted JonBenet with the paintbrush?
:sigh:
Nobody knows just how much I wish I was wrong, but I don't see this happening any other way.

I've always wanted to use this quote and now seems a very appropriate time:

“Truth is singular and lies are plural, but history -- the facts of what happened is both immutable and mostly unknowable.”
(David Carr, The Night of the Gun)

(selectively and rsbm)I don't disagree. I'm simply asking why one would assume it in a theory unless it is only to consider possibilities.

Anytime you assume intent, you reach a conclusion based on your assumption. Do you really know what the intent of the paintbrush assault was?

Unfortunately, we don't even know that the stager(s) were aware of the BFT. Even Dr. Meyer was not aware of it until he cut and peeled back her scalp during autopsy.

MOO, it was used to change the appearance of how the strangulation occurred and obfuscate how the paintbrush had actually been used.

They saw (and attempted to clean up) the blood.

I don't think that would fit what is considered artifact. It would be pertinent evidence of what happened. But no (to answer the question), I don't think the paintbrush was broken before it was used in the assault

Yup. That's what I think.

Who knows? Was it simply overlooked? Was the intent to remove it later when finished with the other staging tasks and then forgotten? Was it thought that investigators wouldn't notice it amongst all the other paintbrushes? I don't know. Knowing intent or what was on someone's mind when they did something requires more ability than I possess. Perhaps we can contact Derek Acorah and ask if Mary was involved?

I think even the Ramseys (especially John) knew that wouldn't work. Wood is fibrous and absorbs fluids. Even if the varnish was intact, running under the tap wouldn't remove microscopic evidence.

:sigh:
Nobody knows just how much I wish I was wrong, but I don't see this happening any other way.

otg,

I don't disagree. I'm simply asking why one would assume it in a theory unless it is only to consider possibilities.
For completeness. How about this, from the guy who has read up more on this case than you or I combined: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...hi_im_chief_marshall_james_kolar_ama/cpu0vj3/
Det. Smit didn’t appear to take into consideration the forensic opinions rendered about the sequencing of injuries. Based upon my review of those theories, it is my belief that the fingernail marks on JBR’s throat were created when the collar of her shirt was pulled tight around her neck, at the same time that the triangular shaped bruise was formed on the front her neck. Next came the blow to her head that rendered her unconscious.

The garrote could not have been responsible for the triangular bruising, and was applied some period of time later, when JBR was unconscious and unable to struggle against the placement of the cord.

I don’t believe the strangulation with the cord was a part of staging, and its use constituted an underlying part of the motivation involved in the assault on JBR. A more complete analysis of the sequencing of the injuries was offered in Chapter 6 of the book.

OK, the paintbrush can be an aspect of the staging or a feature of a sexual assault. Kolar appears to think the latter, he suggests BR displayed Sexual Behavior Problems (SBP) which motivated his use of the paintbrush.

ITA. Except removing the brush, e.g. dumping it into the paint-tote would have obscured its prior use, at least the stager might have thought?

If the birefringement material found in JonBenet was truly a splinter as cited by Steve Thomas in his book. How could a splinter arrive inside JonBenet ahead of the paintbrush being broken?

Note Kolar reckons JR was not involved until late that morning, finding JonBenet about 11 AM.

Sure looks like the case is BDI, with us debating over the details. Kolar seems confident that its BDI All, with Patsy playing a minimal role, staging, RN, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley