IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think they would have released both a picture and audio of someone just out for a walk. they did not have much of a choice is calling him a suspect if they wanted the public's help in identifying him.
IIRC They didnt immediately call him a suspect but asked for him to come forward. Once they had the audio a few days later and he had not come forward he was labelled a suspect, the audio was released and billboards went up. I don't know if LE planned it like that or because they didn't have the audio at the same time they had the picture. That's my recollection.

I know RL is a legitimate suspect. Yet, at the same time, there is something not adding up. For starters, he may be a habitual DWI offender and liar, but he has no priors I am aware to that would lead him to commit a crime like this one we are discussing.

I am not defending him at all. I do want to be sure we are on the right track. It is important, to me, in identifying a motive and potential suspect, to understand more about the crime scene and the condition of the girls when they were found.

This is in no way to sound critical of what factors and evidence regarding the crime that have or have not been released.

RL may be a legitimate suspect here and in Internet land, but he's not one according to LE...I think that is what most people seem to be forgetting. To me, that is of the utmost importance.

I do, however, agree with the rest of your post.

I know...All I can guess is that they have their man and either don't have enough evidence to make an arrest or they are building a case as we speak.

Other than that, I'm left scratching my head like you are. If they don't have a clue who this guy is, than releasing another puzzle piece might make a difference before more time passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it possible they are bluffing regarding exactly how much more they have on the video and audio?.

he has lived there for decades and decades and decades. it is also only 10 acres. my guess is RL knows his property and its terrain very well....he is probably better at navigating it than anyone else.
It's 40 acres altogether BT from the land maps published on earlier threads.

40 acres was reported.
And I agree toast, he probably does know it better than anyone else.
My only point is none of us can judge how easily he manages that terrain. Seeing a snippet for an interview does not make one a judge of health. IMO

Not to mention that someone living in the same place for decades and decades and decades, would be easily recognized by several people in that town (including LE) if he was BG. (which he is not, IMO)....

That once again leads me to the same thing I say over and over and over again. LE has stated that BG is their prime suspect. They have also stated that RL is not a suspect on several occasions.

Therefore, one could easily conclude that because RL is not BG, and because BG is LE's only named suspect....

Well, you know where I'm going again. :gaah:

KISS :)

To me, RL seems like he'd be a sloppy killer. I think he'd have left evidence that local FBI labs would have identified. Instead, they sent off a 2nd batch to Quantico.
Well there is that. If he can't even get away with driving to the dump and having a beer then I think you're right. Even if he had seen something I don't think he could keep it to himself If he wanted to. Look how he blurted out he had driven somewhere. MOO.

But it doesn't make sense that a discarded phone would ping different locations when LE pings it because it sends back pretty much exact location within a few feet.

But it does make since that it would hit multiple cell towers. Sitting in one place.

OR

Someone could have been walking around with the phone, but after multiple pings why couldn't LE track them down if it sends pretty much exact location?

Honestly I don't know, just some thoughts.
Perhaps it was tossed into the back of a passing pick up.

Good point. What if the cell phone was underwater? Say it fell into the creek, perhaps in the female clothing that was reported in the water.

Might also explain LE gathering cell data from a cloud but also having (wet) a phone in possession.

Yikes, now I'm theorizing. Later gators.
I believe the phone would not get immediately waterlogged. I have also read that water flowing across a phone can affect the signal so it depends on the phone too. Some can be waterproof for up to 4 hours I believe. They also had two phones to track so were both phones together when they were pinged/tracked?

I would imagine he does "know" the terrain pretty well as do most people who own ground. That does not mean that they traverse every bit of it. Maybe they take a look around the iffy spots that are swampy, dangerous, etc and are happy to let it go at that. I'm not sure what you are getting at. If it were me, I'd buy a drone to do a fly-by if I was curious enough to see every nook and cranny. That would be much better than falling down the hill into the drink... but then that's just me. IMO

It's not the same as patting and checking the horses, picking out their hooves etc. We had one old horse who started getting cast when she lay down so we had to continually check on her. We kept an emergency rope up in the field and a bottle of water. We would put the rope on a back leg and swivel her so her legs were in a favourable direction then one of us put some water in an ear while the other helped her get up. They hate water in their ears so that would give her the extra impetus to get up A drone can't do that or walk the dog unfortunately :)

I thought it was interesting the FBI agent in the interview above said no indication of a SK type murder.

BUT I also heard for the first time the LE officer say "Chance meeting, possible but not likely" which I hadn't heard before. Someone double check me.
Yes. But also he said it was possible someone knew they were going to be there. Imno has posted the link with full quote in it.

Yes I get that part but after the 2:07 posting of Abby's picture on the bridge there shouldn't be any other pinging to further towers as this is where the crime happened very quickly according to LE right?

As Lanegirl said, it can still ping from another nearby tower if one gets heavy traffic. My small town has 2 towers; LE has trouble tracing phones here because they can ping from either at any given time, especially during busy parts of the day.

I have been keeping lists and using the evidence to narrow down the possibilities. Some of what I have found so far is below. This is the only method I can think of for honing in on the killer and vetting POIs.

Thoughts?

1. Who would not be working on a Monday afternoon?
- Sick / vacation day
- Unemployed
- Left work early

After committing such a heinous and physical crime (2 fighting, healthy victims, hiking, etc.), would they report back to work the next day?

2. Who would know that the school was closed or had a planned early dismissal?
- Someone local
- School employee
- Parent/relative of a student
- Relative or family acquaintance (person scheduled to pick up the girls or another family member could have mentioned the planned hike online or at work)
- Online lurker or 'friend' of one or both of the girls, assuming they made mention of this on SM

Can the SM posts be verified? Or are we speculating whether or not they posted about their plans? Is it possible it was someone lurking on Snapchat or a Snapchat friend that saw the 2:07 bridge photo and took his opportunity then?

3. Who would know this location well enough to be comfortable abducting the girls and dumping their bodies there, and potentially assaulting and/or killing them there as well?
- A local
- A friend or relative of a local who visits often
- Someone who grew up locally but doesn't live there anymore

When I consider all these factors, logic leads me to believe that the killer:
- Is local to some degree
- Planned the crime to some extent

This has yet to bring me closer to knowing a viable suspect, but as we discuss and debate various possibilities, I believe it is critical we keep our lists in order to avoid going down unnecessary rabbit holes, especially in a case with as little released information as this one.

Any other thoughts on this presentation? Am I missing important factors? Are any of my assumptions inaccurate based on what little evidence we have?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have been keeping lists and using the evidence to narrow down the possibilities. Some of what I have found so far is below. This is the only method I can think of for honing in on the killer and vetting POIs.

Thoughts?

1. Who would not be working on a Monday afternoon?
- Sick / vacation day
- Unemployed
- Left work early

After committing such a heinous and physical crime (2 fighting, healthy victims, hiking, etc.), would they report back to work the next day?

2. Who would know that the school was closed or had a planned early dismissal?
- Someone local
- School employee
- Parent/relative of a student
- Relative or family acquaintance (person scheduled to pick up the girls or another family member could have mentioned the planned hike online or at work)
- Online lurker or 'friend' of one or both of the girls, assuming they made mention of this on SM

Can the SM posts be verified? Or are we speculating whether or not they posted about their plans? Is it possible it was someone lurking on Snapchat or a Snapchat friend that saw the 2:07 bridge photo and took his opportunity then?

3. Who would know this location well enough to be comfortable abducting the girls and dumping their bodies there, and potentially assaulting and/or killing them there as well?
- A local
- A friend or relative of a local who visits often
- Someone who grew up locally but doesn't live there anymore

When I consider all these factors, logic leads me to believe that the killer:
- Is local to some degree
- Planned the crime to some extent

This has yet to bring me closer to knowing a viable suspect, but as we discuss and debate various possibilities, I believe it is critical we keep our lists in order to avoid going down unnecessary rabbit holes, especially in a case with as little released information as this one.

Any other thoughts on this presentation? Am I missing important factors? Are any of my assumptions inaccurate based on what little evidence we have?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
I posted a couple of threads ago that Feb 13 was a state holiday (Lincolns Birthday) in neighbouring states Iowa and Illinois, so someone working for a company from one of those states (e.g. a trucking company) but living locally would have that day off from work anyway.

Also re number 1, a shift worker may have that day off, (hospital, security guard etc) and school employees.

I think that number 2 is a strong possibility.

Police have repeatedly said RL is not a suspect.

Based on that, perhaps we could focus on and discuss:

Motive
Statistics of it being a SK
Similarities to other SK or crimes
As LE stated, "Why Delphi?"

Would anyone else besides me like to sleuth the crime?

We ARE sleuthing the crime! I do NOT suspect RL is BG but as some think it less likely SK and more likely Local, are for that reason trying to glean more from local activities and events of those 2 days. NOT to focus on RL but he happens to be among them, was out and about that day and talked about a few things that are of interest to sleuthers.

Morning Folks, finally decided to register after following all of the threads. I had figured there would have been an arrest by now. but nope. Since we really aren't getting anywhere, I thought I'd share my own thoughts and theories. There are a few holes in them since we don't have all the information.

I think that BG was NOT aware it was a school holiday. If he is a middle aged man with no kids, he has no reason to be bothered with seeking that information out. I think he was thinking more along the lines of, 'It's a nice Monday, people are in school/at work. There will be fewer people walking the trails". He was looking for a woman to do unspeakable things to. Maybe he was hoping for a female shift worker or someone who had the day off and decided to go for a nice walk and he would pounce then. The trails would be less crowded on a weekday in his mind.

Perhaps he saw the girls or didn't see them before the attack I don't know. He was being inconspicuous somewhere on that trail. Maybe the larger of the girls went off the trail, near his hiding spot. Maybe she had to pee and went off the trail. He didn't get a good look at her, thus didn't realize her true age, before deciding the time was right. He grabbed her and killed the poor girl. Then he hears her friend calling for her and realizes she wasn't alone. He goes to find the friend He concocts a story fast that the girl's friend was hurt. Poor girl on the bridge senses something isn't right and starts filming. But she has to go to her friend. BG makes her go fast (you hurry someone, they have less chance of thinking things through rationally). He is leading her to her friend, "Down the hill." He has no choice to kill her because he knew that he wasn't getting out of the area without being seen.

That being said, I also can't shake the SK theory and Lyric and her cousin. That is fishy too.

All of this just my opinion. Thank you for listening.

Agree. A 77 year old man supposedly murdered 2 girls in 45 minutes. That's fast! One victim was 200 pounds. Plus he would have to make them walk through the rough terrain.

#TeamRL for me. The logistics don't add up.
Whiskers I also agree the logistics don't add up

We ARE sleuthing the crime! I do NOT suspect RL is BG but as some think it less likely SK and more likely Local, are for that reason trying to glean more from local activities and events of those 2 days. NOT to focus on RL but he happens to be among them, was out and about that day and talked about a few things that are of interest to sleuthers.

Thank you ember. You are right. Thanks for the reminder.

Since I don't feel comfortable picking apart a person who has not been named a suspect and has been repeatedly classified by LE as not a suspect, I will, as our dear mod suggests do this from now on...

:ignore:

:rolling:<----- is the closest I found to scroll and roll

Morning Folks, finally decided to register after following all of the threads. I had figured there would have been an arrest by now. but nope. Since we really aren't getting anywhere, I thought I'd share my own thoughts and theories. There are a few holes in them since we don't have all the information.

I think that BG was NOT aware it was a school holiday. If he is a middle aged man with no kids, he has no reason to be bothered with seeking that information out. I think he was thinking more along the lines of, 'It's a nice Monday, people are in school/at work. There will be fewer people walking the trails". He was looking for a woman to do unspeakable things to. Maybe he was hoping for a female shift worker or someone who had the day off and decided to go for a nice walk and he would pounce then. The trails would be less crowded on a weekday in his mind.

Perhaps he saw the girls or didn't see them before the attack I don't know. He was being inconspicuous somewhere on that trail. Maybe the larger of the girls went off the trail, near his hiding spot. Maybe she had to pee and went off the trail. He didn't get a good look at her, thus didn't realize her true age, before deciding the time was right. He grabbed her and killed the poor girl. Then he hears her friend calling for her and realizes she wasn't alone. He goes to find the friend He concocts a story fast that the girl's friend was hurt. Poor girl on the bridge senses something isn't right and starts filming. But she has to go to her friend. BG makes her go fast (you hurry someone, they have less chance of thinking things through rationally). He is leading her to her friend, "Down the hill." He has no choice to kill her because he knew that he wasn't getting out of the area without being seen.

That being said, I also can't shake the SK theory and Lyric and her cousin. That is fishy too.

All of this just my opinion. Thank you for listening.
Welcome Nimb. Good theory. Just one liitle point - hope you don't mind but Libby was the larger of the two and shot the video so it would have been more likely Abby who was grabbed first IMO.

I posted a couple of threads ago that Feb 13 was a state holiday (Lincolns Birthday) in neighbouring states Iowa and Illinois, so someone working for a company from one of those states (e.g. a trucking company) but living locally would have that day off from work anyway.

Also re number 1, a shift worker may have that day off, (hospital, security guard etc) and school employees.

I think that number 2 is a strong possibility.

Well let's go back to the beginning....
To the drop.off and pick up.
We have been told basically nothing .
Imo it's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics