GUILTY AZ - Jayden Glomb, 13, found dead in desert, Vail, 10 May 2017

It's odd to me that "exsanguination" was the object of a search since exsanguination is the draining of blood. For method of suicide?? Uggghh. That, IMO, would be a most horrible way to die -- to just watch your blood drain from your own body? And where does one cut -- across or down? -- how deep? Ghastly. Certainly the main arteries of the body, since there are a couple of them, but you'd have to get it in the right place <shiver> I can't continue this...

It just seems odd to me.
I'm guessing he was thinking about slitting her wrists at some point. What a sick sack of crap!

Did I miss if he had ever shown signs of violence or mental illness?

This is a really strange case. Even if there was no evidence of sexual assault, that does not mean that he did not force her into other sexual acts in the past, that did not involve vaginal sex. The fork stabbing in her leg seems to me, to indicate that he was forcing something on her.

Yes. Although hard to think about.. There is definitely some significance to the fork. Still looking

Did I miss if he had ever shown signs of violence or mental illness?

This is a really strange case. Even if there was no evidence of sexual assault, that does not mean that he did not force her into other sexual acts in the past, that did not involve vaginal sex. The fork stabbing in her leg seems to me, to indicate that he was forcing something on her.

OMG .... I just never expected this, though by now I should be prepared.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect it. Statistically the biggest threat to young girls comes from stepfathers and their mother's boyfriends.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect it. Statistically the biggest threat to young girls comes from stepfathers and their mother's boyfriends.

Sadly, you're correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it takes minutes to asphyxiate someone.)

Apparently it doesn't. According to the late Professor Keith Simpson (in his autobiography Forty Years of Murder) someone can be asphyxiated in less than 30 seconds, based on autopsies he had carried out on the victims of the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster in which almost all the victims were women, children and young people. He points out that asphyxia actually means "pulseless" rather than "prevented from breathing".

"Many different factors may be involved in asphyxia, and some - a vagal reflex from neck compression, for example - are capable of precipitating death within a few seconds. Such a case could be due to momentary restraint without malice or intent while several minutes of tight constriction of the neck could only reflect a deliberate intent to cause grievous harm. In [English] law, this is the dfference between manslaughter and murder."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-civilian-disaster-But-censored-history.html
http://www.express.co.uk/news/history/539490/Victims-crushed-bethnal-green-tube-WW2-memorial

Blood was found in Jayden's mouth, nose and eyes. She also had bruising under her right eye.

According to the TPD Interim Complaint released Thursday, June 1, Jayden's body showed signs she had been asphyxiated and there was a ligature mark on her throat.

The TPD said there was blood around Jayden's nose and mouth and while she was not wearing any shoes or socks, her feet were clean."

According to this source:

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/e-book/asphyxia/ligature-strangulation

bleeding from the mouth, nose and eyes is associated with ligature strangulation.

Children are becoming the hunted and preyed upon far too often.

There's no "becoming" about it. Unfortunately they always have been but today we are more aware of it. Also I'd suggest that the idea of "childhood" that we have today is a relatively recent development, even in the west. It was the Victorians who gradually developed the idea of children being in need of education and protection rather than treating them as miniature adults.

This is a really strange case. Even if there was no evidence of sexual assault, that does not mean that he did not force her into other sexual acts in the past, that did not involve vaginal sex.

It seems likely he was trying to set up the impression of a stranger [abduction and] rape and murder. Maybe that's why the "suicide note" was deleted from her computer.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost.
There's no "becoming" about it. Unfortunately they always have been but today we are more aware of it. Also I'd suggest that the idea of "childhood" that we have today is a relatively recent development, even in the west. It was the Victorians who gradually developed the idea of children being in need of education and protection rather than treating them as miniature adults.

Nearly every word in your post about Victorian life made me think and see in my mind, Virginia Woolf. (I'm a big fan.) That is exactly the way it was in her household -- learning the art of letter-writing, dressing for dinner, young girls learning to pour tea, etc., etc., while the boys were at Eton...
And, now as we all know, children are not small adults.

It seems likely he was trying to set up the impression of a stranger [abduction and] rape and murder. Maybe that's why the "suicide note" was deleted from her computer.

Excellent point. He must have panicked in the midst of all that he did. Suicide note/no suicide note. Slashed wrists or jugulars/No slashing. Not well-planned in spite of his earlier efforts.

IMO, he's in quite a jam. Serves him right.

Nearly every word in your post about Victorian life made me think and see in my mind, Virginia Woolf. (I'm a big fan.) That is exactly the way it was in her household -- learning the art of letter-writing, dressing for dinner, young girls learning to pour tea, etc., etc., while the boys were at Eton...
And, now as we all know, children are not small adults.

Excellent point. He must have panicked in the midst of all that he did. Suicide note/no suicide note. Slashed wrists or jugulars/No slashing. Not well-planned in spite of his earlier efforts.

IMO, he's in quite a jam. Serves him right.
Yes, sounds like he premeditated Jayden's death in advance with the suicide note on her computer (hence, the murder in the 1st degree charge), but had to change MO -- probably because Jayden fought back. Curious about the "fork" mark on her leg. Did JL attempt to slash her wrist, maybe, while she was asleep, to stage the suicide --- but she wasn't asleep, or heard him enter her room and woke up in time to initially kick him away and he responded by stabbing and cutting her leg with the fork? That's the only explanation I can think of. JMO

JL obviously wanted Jayden gone, but why? Did he not want to deal with a teenager? Were they being investigated by CPS and he was afraid what Jayden would say? JMO

It's odd to me that "exsanguination" was the object of a search since exsanguination is the draining of blood. For method of suicide?? Uggghh. That, IMO, would be a most horrible way to die -- to just watch your blood drain from your own body? And where does one cut -- across or down? -- how deep? Ghastly. Certainly the main arteries of the body, since there are a couple of them, but you'd have to get it in the right place <shiver> I can't continue this...

It just seems odd to me.

And wouldn't t be messy for his intent and purpose? Ugh this skell

I've heard this is called the "chicken suit" and other prisoners will often jeer & criticize those that must wear it. No link but it's what I've heard.

In my experience, other inmates don't usually even see it unless they are in the observation cell for an extended period where they are brought out to shower.

Yes, sounds like he premeditated Jayden's death in advance with the suicide note on her computer (hence, the murder in the 1st degree charge), but had to change MO -- probably because Jayden fought back. Curious about the "fork" mark on her leg. Did JL attempt to slash her wrist, maybe, while she was asleep, to stage the suicide --- but she wasn't asleep, or heard him enter her room and woke up in time to initially kick him away and he responded by stabbing and cutting her leg with the fork? That's the only explanation I can think of. JMO

JL obviously wanted Jayden gone, but why? Did he not want to deal with a teenager? Were they being investigated by CPS and he was afraid what Jayden would say? JMO

I would imagine that it either started in the kitchen or tumbled into there, and perhaps she was attempting to defend herself with the only thing she could grasp, a fork. Perhaps he took it from her and stabbed her with it? No matter how much he attempted to plan it, clearly things went sideways and they were both grasping at whatever they could, her to save her life and him to end it. What a monster she must have been so scared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back