LA LA - Jacquelyn 'Daisy' Landry, 18, Lafayette, 23 May 2017 *Arrest*

if I recall right on her fb it indicated they were in a relationship sometime early to mid April. But on his profile the in a relationship showed a later date that would be more like 2wks before she was last seen. not sure how/why it would show differently.

Some people don't change their relationship status on social media immediately

Some people don't change their relationship status on social media immediately
true, so i agree the relationship in real life could be longer than what was indicated on fb. but what confused me was that on fb the relationship shows up much earlier on her profile than it does on his. i expected that his and her profile would show "in a relationship with X" on the same day. because i thought fb relationships are kind of like requests that the other person has to confirm.

ADMIN NOTE: If you're sleuthing people on FB, figuring out who's who, and trying to make connections, that is your business. Sleuth away.

But...DO NOT post your findings about non-arrestees here. Relatives, friends, and acquaintances are off limits.

What you find on FB, stays on FB. The same applies to all social media sites.

Police expand search : http://www.katc.com/story/35582000/lpso-expanding-efforts-in-locating-missing-lafayette-teen

The Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office is continuing to follow leads in reference to the investigation surrounding missing teen Jacquelyn “Daisy” Landry. As part of the investigation, the sheriff’s office is working with various law enforcement agencies throughout the REGION in an effort to develop information regarding her whereabouts or the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. The sheriff’s office is continuing to ask for the public’s assistance in this case and are asking anyone who came into contact with Landry on the evening of Tuesday, May 23, or after, to please come forward. The sheriff’s office is also interested in hearing from anyone who came into contact with Malik Davis on the evening of Tuesday, May 23 until the time of his arrest at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31.

Does anyone else find this worrisome? Working with various agencies throughout the region?!

It's really frustrating that this case isn't getting HALF of the attention that the shunick case got.
<modsnip>But it seems as though the public in general, is less interested in the where abouts of Daisy than it was in the whereabouts of Mickey. I'm just speculating out loud: that maybe making an arrest so early on and the seriousness of the charges could be the reason why the general public doesn't hold much hope in finding her alive or dead. It is such a shame that if the media throws the word "drugs" into the info that the public has access to, it seems, in my opinion, that all of a sudden, the he majority of the public starts caring less. And it's such a shame because addiction is a disease and there is scientific evidence to support that. The local news reported the arrest of someone that the reporter referred to as "the boyfriend of Daisy Landry", and he was arrested on drug charges. BUT!
if you look on the Lafayette sheriff's office online inmate roster, HIS CHARGES ARE NOT DRUG CHARGES ANYMORE! He is charged with a completely different charge having more to do with daisy's disappearance. I encourage you all to look it up and see for yourselves! In my opinion, it is a shame and a terrible injustice to Daisy and a hindrance in gaining public support, that the local media station does not do a follow up report on what the person that *the news* labelled as her boyfriend, is charged with now!

<modsnip> In Mickey's case, her iPod's location was tracked to his home if I recall correctly. Being in a panic, and being under the influence I highly doubt that a perp would have the presence of mind to power off or leave behind both the victim's and their own cell phone. And considering an arrest has been made, in my opinion, it wouldn't be that difficult to subpoena info available on the alleged perp's cell phone, nor the perp's place of residence. And considering that Daisy is a missing person it would seem that her cell phone service provider would have to give investigators any and all mobile phone info or records that may help in locating her.
ALL IN MY OPINION, MY OWN SPECULATION ETC

It's really frustrating that this case isn't getting HALF of the attention that the shunick case got.
<modsnip> But it seems as though the public in general, is less interested in the where abouts of Daisy than it was in the whereabouts of Mickey. I'm just speculating out loud: that maybe making an arrest so early on and the seriousness of the charges could be the reason why the general public doesn't hold much hope in finding her alive or dead. It is such a shame that if the media throws the word "drugs" into the info that the public has access to, it seems, in my opinion, that all of a sudden, the he majority of the public starts caring less. And it's such a shame because addiction is a disease and there is scientific evidence to support that. The local news reported the arrest of someone that the reporter referred to as "the boyfriend of Daisy Landry", and he was arrested on drug charges. BUT!
if you look on the Lafayette sheriff's office online inmate roster, HIS CHARGES ARE NOT DRUG CHARGES ANYMORE! He is charged with a completely different charge having more to do with daisy's disappearance. I encourage you all to look it up and see for yourselves! In my opinion, it is a shame and a terrible injustice to Daisy and a hindrance in gaining public support, that the local media station does not do a follow up report on what the person that *the news* labelled as her boyfriend, is charged with now!

<modsnip>In Mickey's case, her iPod's location was tracked to his home if I recall correctly. Being in a panic, and being under the influence I highly doubt that a perp would have the presence of mind to power off or leave behind both the victim's and their own cell phone. And considering an arrest has been made, in my opinion, it wouldn't be that difficult to subpoena info available on the alleged perp's cell phone, nor the perp's place of residence. And considering that Daisy is a missing person it would seem that her cell phone service provider would have to give investigators any and all mobile phone info or records that may help in locating her.

I like you. I so agree - the minute that drugs are mentioned, or prostitution, a mug shot, whatever, the general public shrugs their shoulders and go back to their lives. It's so sad. Consider what brought those poor people to be doing drugs/prostituting/whatever in the first place. Consider the fact that they are human beings just as deserving of justice, being found, put to rest etc as anyone else. Consider the fact that they too have families who deserve closure. It breaks my heart. Poor Daisy.

Was it an OD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard, no. Was not an o.d.

From a VERY reliable source, but none the less, I have to say, RUMOR.

<modsnip>But it seems as though the public in general, is less interested in the where abouts of Daisy than it was in the whereabouts of Mickey. I'm just speculating out loud: that maybe making an arrest so early on and the seriousness of the charges could be the reason why the general public doesn't hold much hope in finding her alive or dead. It is such a shame that if the media throws the word "drugs" into the info that the public has access to, it seems, in my opinion, that all of a sudden, the he majority of the public starts caring less. And it's such a shame because addiction is a disease and there is scientific evidence to support that. The local news reported the arrest of someone that the reporter referred to as "the boyfriend of Daisy Landry", and he was arrested on drug charges. BUT!

<modsnip> In Mickey's case, her iPod's location was tracked to his home if I recall correctly. Being in a panic, and being under the influence I highly doubt that a perp would have the presence of mind to power off or leave behind both the victim's and their own cell phone. And considering an arrest has been made, in my opinion, it wouldn't be that difficult to subpoena info available on the alleged perp's cell phone, nor the perp's place of residence. And considering that Daisy is a missing person it would seem that her cell phone service provider would have to give investigators any and all mobile phone info or records that may help in locating her.

What a great post. I tried looking up what you suggested and got lost. I'll persist though :)

What a great post. I tried looking up what you suggested and got lost. I'll persist though :)

I went to VineLink and selected Louisiana and searched for the bf's name. There were a couple with that name so I found the one whose age made sense. Then look at details and it lists the charge. The description of the charge was cutoff for me on my phone but it lists a number like the specific code violated, ex. 12.345 which you can google for full explanation. If I recall right it looked to be similar to or the same as what someone posted upthread after the first suspect was arrested. JMO.

Here's the link to JJ's arrest and mug shot from the Lafayette Sheriff's office online inmate roster. The charge is 40:966A which is a drug charge.

jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index.php?nav=record&id=792297

Sorry the link isn't working but you can google search Lafayette parish sheriff's office jade system and the name Jermaine Jones.

<modsnip>In Mickey's case, her iPod's location was tracked to his home if I recall correctly. Being in a panic, and being under the influence I highly doubt that a perp would have the presence of mind to power off or leave behind both the victim's and their own cell phone. And considering an arrest has been made, in my opinion, it wouldn't be that difficult to subpoena info available on the alleged perp's cell phone, nor the perp's place of residence. And considering that Daisy is a missing person it would seem that her cell phone service provider would have to give investigators any and all mobile phone info or records that may help in locating her.

Can you link it or let us know what the charges are? I still only see the drug one "§966. Penalty for distribution or possession with intent to distribute narcotic drugs listed in Schedule I; possession of marijuana, possession of synthetic cannabinoids, possession of heroin" (link to statute http://legis.la.gov/Legis/law.aspx?d=98880) I used the Jade system on the Lafayette Sheriff's website to look up his charges.

Jade system: http://jades.lafayettesheriff.com:8888/index.php?nav=list

I went to VineLink and selected Louisiana and searched for the bf's name. There were a couple with that name so I found the one whose age made sense. Then look at details and it lists the charge. The description of the charge was cutoff for me on my phone but it lists a number like the specific code violated, ex. 12.345 which you can google for full explanation. If I recall right it looked to be similar to or the same as what someone posted upthread after the first suspect was arrested. JMO.

Odd. I just went there, pulled him up. There are no charges listed like that. Just his name, dob, pic, where he's being held etc.

Well guys my mistake... I had read somewhere that he was charged with something having to do with knowing what happened to daisy like obstruction of justice or interfering with an investigation because he knew what happened and did not tell police. And then again, maybe that charge was dropped because he told them everything he knew when they arrested him. JUST SPECULATION

the p.i. listed on the flyers has given up the case. And that's a shame. Same thing happened during the search for mickey shunick. It never made sense to me that anyone would rather an overworked and overloaded police dept work on their case alone than have the help of an individual who can give the case their undivided attention.

charge 40:966A in Louisiana http://legis.la.gov/Legis/law.aspx?d=98880 is all that's currently listed. Local newspaper said he was going before judge on Wednesday, but Jades site says "awaiting court date."

FWIW, the other two guys arrested do have court dates, one is in a couple days, one is in August. JJ doesn't have one scheduled yet.

Well guys my mistake... I had read somewhere that he was charged with something having to do with knowing what happened to daisy like obstruction of justice or interfering with an investigation because he knew what happened and did not tell police. And then again, maybe that charge was dropped because he told them everything he knew when they arrested him. JUST SPECULATION

the p.i. listed on the flyers has given up the case. And that's a shame. Same thing happened during the search for mickey shunick. It never made sense to me that anyone would rather an overworked and overloaded police dept work on their case alone than have the help of an individual who can give the case their undivided attention.

The PI most definitely did not "give up." Please don't say that about her. She volunteered so much of her time out of the goodness of her heart.

Investigation continues in Lafayette missing woman case

There have been some changes in the search processes for missing Lafayette woman Jacquelyn “Daisy Lynn” Landry.

Searches from a building at 401 Mecca Drive were suspended as of late Wednesday.

“We thank the search teams, donators, office help and everyone who have been praying for our mission,” Landry’s family said on their Facebook page, Finding Daisy Lynn.

The group Texas Equusearch was primarily working from the Mecca Drive site.

However, both Acadian Search and Rescue and Cajun Coast Search and Rescue are continuing their searches.

Acadian Search and Rescue is asking volunteers to meet at the Academy store on Ambassador Caffery Parkway at 8 a.m. Friday if they are interested in helping.

More:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...inues-lafayette-missing-woman-case/380471001/

9753dff4d37b80e049c39556b02cbf56.jpg

Oh I know. She recused herself. She didn't just throw in the towel. I know she gave of herself out of the kindness of her heart. Sorry for being unclear.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back