GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

This may have been shared already. I am just catching up on the thread. Her immediate family have been cleared.

http://weartv.com/news/local/naomi-jones-tribute-painted-over-graffiti-bridge

SBM -

"We have asked the FBI to conduct a nationwide search on any criminal activity or deaths that share in it the same elements that we now know from the Medical Examiner's report that would lead us to anyone else in the entire United States that a crime has been committed with the same means, modes and methods as Naomi met her demise," said Morgan.

Naomi's immediate family has been cleared of having any part of her homicide, Morgan said.

"If I was a parent and I had a child, I would be extremely terrified," Morgan said.

My goodness, what was done this poor child??? This is not typical of a sheriff to say!

My goodness, what was done this poor child??? This is not typical of a sheriff to say!

Openly saying they seeing if there are other victims with similar elements is not something we see openly stated very often, either. I do not like this one bit.

Isn't asphyxiation difficult to do? Would that rule out someone young? I guess there is strong kids out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how difficult it is but I think it is almost always associated with sexual assault.

Sounds to me they're looking for other cases anywhere in the US where a girl met someone online and she ended up this way. Unless I read that incorrectly.

Naomi Jones likely died by asphyxiation 24 to 36 hours after disappearing, Sheriff David Morgan revealed in a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

The fact that she was alive for 24-36 hours is just terrifying. This poor child.
Also, with them saying they are asking for other cases that share the same elements are they signaling that there is a "signature" the public isn't being told?

jmo

It's just horrible. I think it must be someone very close to her home, but how would they transport her? You would think the area would be under constant surveillance.

I'm not so sure after reading this quote. It's quite unsettling.

"We have asked the FBI to conduct a nationwide search on any criminal activity or deaths that share in it the same elements that we now know from the Medical Examiner's report that would lead us to anyone else in the entire United States that a crime has been committed with the same means, modes and methods as Naomi met her demise," said Morgan.
Naomi's immediate family has been cleared of having any part of her homicide, Morgan said.
"If I was a parent and I had a child, I would be extremely terrified," Morgan said.

JMO

So just wondering I haven't followed the Delphi case in along time. Is there any chance the girls all died similar? Both cases near water? I know distance is a factor. Just thinking.[emoji848]

So just wondering I haven't followed the Delphi case in along time. Is there any chance the girls all died similar? Both cases near water? I know distance is a factor. Just thinking.[emoji848]

I was wondering the same thing

From what I've seen in articles (unless im confusing cases) they have an idea of people who are involved in this case so i doubt they are connected. Also, different victim type

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The apartment was near an interstate if I remember correctly. Considering they are opening the investigation up to the entire country, I wonder if they suspect someone traveling around on the interstate. A trucker or similar occupation. ???

Where she was found is very close to the interstate, too, with an exit maybe a mile away. Hwy 29, in between her home and the creek, runs North into Alabama and I65, and is said to be an area targeted in trafficking.

First thing that came to my mind when I read what the sheriff said.
Asphyxiated, but maybe the answer lies within what was used or still attached etc.
Highly disturbing and I do hope they reach out to Delphi LE.

Where she was found is very close to the interstate, too, with an exit maybe a mile away. Hwy 29, in between her home and the creek, runs North into Alabama and I65, and is said to be an area targeted in trafficking.

Wasn't the Delphi murders very close to freeway/highway as well?
Wasn't it also highway #29?

From what I've seen in articles (unless im confusing cases) they have an idea of people who are involved in this case so i doubt they are connected. Also, different victim type

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
I'm thinking since they are reaching out nationwide for similarity, either they are trying to link their POI(s) or their POI(s) didn't pan out and are very worried for other children.
You state "different victim type", I disagree. The only difference is her skin color, still in the same age range as the Delphi girls, and many many other similarities.
All JMO

This articles states Naomi was killed within 24 to 36 hours. I need to listen to the press conference myself.

SBM --

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2017/...kely-died-within-first-24-36-hours/377551001/

Naomi Jones was likely killed within the first 24 to 36 hours she went missing, Sheriff David Morgan said in a press conference Wednesday.

Morgan said as of Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office had not identified a suspect in Naomi’s death, but was partnering with the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to check their databases and see if the means and manner of Naomi’s death were consistent with other homicide cases elsewhere in the state or the nation.

"It wasn't a strange man that pulled up next to her on the street, rolled down the window and said 'Hey, can I give you a ride?'" Morgan said. "The profile that we're getting of Naomi right now is she would not have entered the vehicle under those circumstances."

Both Morgan and State Attorney Bill Eddins asked parents to keep a close eye on their children's' social media usage, as they believe the platform could be how Naomi came into contact with her killer.

Morgan made reference to the individual who harmed Naomi as possibly being a sexual predator, but noted the investigation remains fluid and prevailing theories could change as new information came to light.

I'm thinking since they are reaching out nationwide for similarity, either they are trying to link their POI(s) or their POI(s) didn't pan out and are very worried for other children.
You state "different victim type", I disagree. The only difference is her skin color, still in the same age range as the Delphi girls, and many many other similarities.
All JMO

I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson