GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

First thing that came to my mind when I read what the sheriff said.
Asphyxiated, but maybe the answer lies within what was used or still attached etc.
Highly disturbing and I do hope they reach out to Delphi LE.

And Evansdale, IA. LE as well.

I am watching today's press conference. The Sheriff said she was likely killed WITHIN 24 to 36 hours. He then revealed the cause of death and became visibly emotional. He turned red in the face and choked up. God bless our law enforcement and first responders. Their jobs are not for the faint of heart.

I'm thinking since they are reaching out nationwide for similarity, either they are trying to link their POI(s) or their POI(s) didn't pan out and are very worried for other children.
You state "different victim type", I disagree. The only difference is her skin color, still in the same age range as the Delphi girls, and many many other similarities.
All JMO
It is true that race is the one real difference, but I am of the impression that appearance is important to victim type for predators and race has a lot to do with someones appearance IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

The apartment was near an interstate if I remember correctly. Considering they are opening the investigation up to the entire country, I wonder if they suspect someone traveling around on the interstate. A trucker or similar occupation. ???
Anything is possible, but i think they said she wouldn't have gotten into the car with stranger; so if it was a trucker I doubt it was a random attack.

Hmmmm this totally makes me re-think what I had believed had taken place/perp/etc. Scary! I wonder what sorts of indicators made them ask the FBI to do such a search. Is that commonplace with child murders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience here on WS, it is unusual to have LE use such open and honest statements. I think he is warning the community of a very disturbing murder, one he feels may be connected to others across other jurisdictions. Frightening.

For some reason, this LE feel this is not an isolated crime. I'm glad he is being candid with the community.

JMO

In my experience here on WS, it is unusual to have LE use such open and honest statements. I think he is warning the community of a very disturbing murder, one he feels may be connected to others across other jurisdictions. Frightening.

For some reason, this LE feel this is not an isolated crime. I'm glad he is being candid with the community.

JMO
It's interesting because at the very beginning I got the vibe police thought it was sort of a "local" crime; one time type of thing if that makes sense. I think several people here, as well as myself thought it may have been a teen or youmg adult or a group of teens/young adults. But now it deffinantly seems they think it may be something more then that.

I wonder if there may be a way to find a certain type of business that would fit into the triangulation of Delphi, Iowa and Florida.
Some type that would require transport of goods etc between the 3 cities.
We know of the pig slaughter company in Delphi and I believe one possibly related in Iowa ( I would have to re-check my notes) , but what about Florida????
Hmmmmmmm brain is spinning.

Here is a link to the press conference on youtube for those who can't get it through facebook or another source. I couldn't get any of the facebook links that I found to work.

Youtube - WKRG - Wednesday Update Naomi Jones Homicide Investigation

[video=youtu;e6Boa9kIIag]http://youtu.be/e6Boa9kIIag[/video]

I'm thinking since they are reaching out nationwide for similarity, either they are trying to link their POI(s) or their POI(s) didn't pan out and are very worried for other children.
You state "different victim type", I disagree. The only difference is her skin color, still in the same age range as the Delphi girls, and many many other similarities.
All JMO
Exactly what I was thinking. Not every perp has an exact look for their victims. Usually it's more of age group, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

JMO
See , and didn't the LE and FBI and NSA jump in super quick with the Delphi girls case as well as the local Sheriff stating something very eerily similar as this sheriff is in regards to the crime and warning the community?

This articles states Naomi was killed within 24 to 36 hours. I need to listen to the press conference myself.

SBM --

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2017/...kely-died-within-first-24-36-hours/377551001/

Naomi Jones was likely killed within the first 24 to 36 hours she went missing, Sheriff David Morgan said in a press conference Wednesday.

Morgan said as of Wednesday, the Sheriff's Office had not identified a suspect in Naomi’s death, but was partnering with the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to check their databases and see if the means and manner of Naomi’s death were consistent with other homicide cases elsewhere in the state or the nation.

"It wasn't a strange man that pulled up next to her on the street, rolled down the window and said 'Hey, can I give you a ride?'" Morgan said. "The profile that we're getting of Naomi right now is she would not have entered the vehicle under those circumstances."

Both Morgan and State Attorney Bill Eddins asked parents to keep a close eye on their children's' social media usage, as they believe the platform could be how Naomi came into contact with her killer.

Morgan made reference to the individual who harmed Naomi as possibly being a sexual predator, but noted the investigation remains fluid and prevailing theories could change as new information came to light.
This is interesting. Marco Polo requires the user's phone number in order to find them. I use it regularly with a group of friends who live in different states. But perhaps the way you find people has changed since I signed up.

ETA - I suppose they could have found her on another platform and then gotten her number.

It is true that race is the one real difference, but I am of the impression that appearance is important to victim type for predators and race has a lot to do with someones appearance IMO

I don't think it's always that specific. I'm sure sometimes it is.

Forgive me, it's a long one:
We are getting so many mixed messages right now. She wouldn't have gone with someone she didn't know, but they're looking at crimes nationwide...and that to me is confusing. Does it count as "knowing" someone if she met this person via social media and never came into physical contact with them before that day? Would she get in a car with someone she knew online but not in person? I have always felt it was someone who lived in the complex or she knew well, but not anymore.
There has to be some sort of signature, calling card, something for lack of another word "special" about the way that she was killed, what was used, something, for them to be looking for specific similarities. Simply looking for other asphyxiations would return a whole lot of hits, I would imagine. This is a pretty scary one...and the sheriff saying he would be terrified as a parent, my goodness.
Can I also just point out how interesting and what a difference there is in terms of information being released to the public in this murder vs the Delphi murders? We still don't know cause of death (not saying we should either, just stating fact) and it's been months (ugh I hate that they haven't caught this person/persons). It's just interesting to me why some LE play it close to the vest and others not so much. Interestingly, the FBI were called in for both cases, right? I know they were for sure with L&A's murder.
Moo

Exactly what I was thinking. Not every perp has an exact look for their victims. Usually it's more of age group, IMO.

Yes, absolutely agree, only thing I would add in is that statistics show they usually stick with the same gender as well. So in other words they don't flip-flop between boys and girls etc.

Yes, absolutely agree, only thing I would add in is that statistics show they usually stick with the same gender as well. So in other words they don't flip-flop between boys and girls etc.
Right, great point!

ETA - I think it's usually a combination of gender, age and opportunity.

There is some misreporting going on for sure. The reporters at WKRG said that they have a suspect that they are serving a warrant on but that is not what the Sheriff said. He said they did not but he wished he could say that they do.

Ugh.

Here is a link to the press conference on youtube for those who can't get it through facebook or another source. I couldn't get any of the facebook links that I found to work.

Youtube - WKRG - Wednesday Update Naomi Jones Homicide Investigation

[video=youtu;e6Boa9kIIag]http://youtu.be/e6Boa9kIIag[/video]

Interesting comment by the LE to reporter at 18:00 mins.
He alludes during the questioning that there was a similar homicide in Louisiana 2013.
I'm going to listen to this long press conference again tomorrow.

jmo

Forgive me, it's a long one:
We are getting so many mixed messages right now. She wouldn't have gone with someone she didn't know, but they're looking at crimes nationwide...and that to me is confusing. Does it count as "knowing" someone if she met this person via social media and never came into physical contact with them before that day? Would she get in a car with someone she knew online but not in person? I have always felt it was someone who lived in the complex or she knew well, but not anymore.
There has to be some sort of signature, calling card, something for lack of another word "special" about the way that she was killed, what was used, something, for them to be looking for specific similarities. Simply looking for other asphyxiations would return a whole lot of hits, I would imagine. This is a pretty scary one...and the sheriff saying he would be terrified as a parent, my goodness.
Can I also just point out how interesting and what a difference there is in terms of information being released to the public in this murder vs the Delphi murders? We still don't know cause of death (not saying we should either, just stating fact) and it's been months (ugh I hate that they haven't caught this person/persons). It's just interesting to me why some LE play it close to the vest and others not so much. Interestingly, the FBI were called in for both cases, right? I know they were for sure with L&A's murder.
Moo

Unfortunately yes, many young people consider their online friendships with people they've never actually met in person, as someone they "know". No matter how many warnings about "they may not really be who they represent themselves to be" there are still some who ignore that. So if she met someone online and had been getting to know them for a bit, she may have fallen into that category of just assuming she knew the person.

what was Naomi timeline for the morning of the day she disappeared?<modsnip> ...... i saw a video of him now can't find it.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back