Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's safe to assume who's responsible. There are packs of teenagers that roam the area. One of my kids was attacked a couple of years ago, and I've had rocks thrown at me while biking in the neighborhood. There are regular posts in Nextdoor of kids vandalizing at night, including a post last night of a video of some teenagers defecating on someone's lawn. I could see this being a case where one of the neighborhood kids took things too far on a girl who looked older than she was who was roaming the neighborhood.

Edit to add: I think if one of the sons was responsible, he would have broken the police would have arrested him by now. One of the more notorious cases around here, Jessica Ridgeway, was solved because the unconnected perpetrator broke down to his mother. Imagine the police pressure on the Kiaya's family now.

IMO once forensics is back we will see an arrest. Could be one. Could be more than one involved.

Are we allowed to share theories on here or is that a no no?

Sharing theories (based on the facts of the case thus far) is encouraged, but please don't accuse anyone specific of committing this crime. Hope that helps :)

Your opinion is welcomed, just make sure it's clearly stated as your opinion. Use "IMO" or "MOO" before or after you state your opinion.
(In my opinion or my opinion only)
Don't use names, only initials. Keep in mind we are victim -friendly and the family members are off-limits unless named a person of interest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On Friday, the Adams County Coroner’s Office in Colorado ruled that the death of a missing girl, 10, whose body was discovered in a ravine was a homicide, not accidental. Police in the Denver suburb of Thornton, Colorado, where the body of the missing girl, Kiaya Campbell, was found, collected a large amount of evidence during the search for Campbell on Friday, and have begun the process of sorting through and analyzing it.

According to The Denver Channel, the police collected over “100 pieces of evidence” in their search for Campbell. CBS Denver reported that Campbell’s mother lives in Montbello, Colorado. The 10-year-old girl was staying with her father, his girlfriend, and the girlfriend’s son, 15, in Thornton, when she went missing. She and the 15-year-old son had left her father’s home on Wednesday night and were walking towards a shopping center approximately a dozen blocks away.

https://cdanews.com/2017/06/colorado-coroners-office-rules-death-of-girl-10-a-homicide/

Ok here goes... feel free to cut anything out you feel shouldn't be here.

So, in my opinion I wonder if, based on evidence, the boy was asked to watch his 'sister' as it has been established that the boys were often left to their own devices... and perhaps he wanted to go to his usual hang out up at king soopers on 136 where a lot of kids like to hang and maybe he did not want a young girl hanging with him and so ditched/lost her.

The girl being alone alone starts to try to find her way back to her dad's girlfriends house and gets lost. Kids on the whole have terrible sense of direction and we know for a fact she did not know this area.

As it's been mentioned, there has been a lot of 'petty crime' around this part of Thornton from teens. I wonder that she may have gone through that park and been confronted by teens (or someone older) who wanted to know what was in her bag, where she was going.... and whatever happened next, we just don't know.

please feel free to delete if this overstep any boundaries.

Ok here goes... feel free to cut anything out you feel shouldn't be here.

So, in my opinion I wonder if, based on evidence, the boy was asked to watch his 'sister' as it has been established that the boys were often left to their own devices... and perhaps he wanted to go to his usual hang out up at king soopers on 136 where a lot of kids like to hang and maybe he did not want a young girl hanging with him and so ditched/lost her.

The girl being alone alone starts to try to find her way back to her dad's girlfriends house and gets lost. Kids on the whole have terrible sense of direction and we know for a fact she did not know this area.

As it's been mentioned, there has been a lot of 'petty crime' around this part of Thornton from teens. I wonder that she may have gone through that park and been confronted by teens (or someone older) who wanted to know what was in her bag, where she was going.... and whatever happened next, we just don't know.

please feel free to delete if this overstep any boundaries.

A more detailed version of one of my theories. Many of us who had younger siblings did not want to be hanging around with them, but on occasion we were tasked with looking after them. I'm wondering if she wasn't spotted by someone in the neighborhood that she had met before and accepted a ride.

The rain... Or lack of still doesn't sit right with me imo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The rain could just be an excuse to have ditched her to go and see his friends thinking she would just find her way back home by herself. Teens come up with the most ridiculous reasons sometimes that aren't even true. We had a teen and some of the whoppers that would come out of her mouth to stop herself from getting in trouble was amazing.

This is MOO and I apologize if it seems harsh. This beautiful young lady was beaten and most likely sexually assaulted. And gawd knows what else. Homicide took place in a secluded spot or perhaps behind closed doors. She sadly was taken to where she was found. Transported by car or dragged under cover of dark. With so few facts it's hard to nail down a theory. And not to mention how many cases have we followed where press is not accurate? Initially.

It would require a remarkable set of circumstances for her to have been ditched by him, only to meet up with a random killer. I don't buy that just yet. He has to be completely eliminated before I would entertain other scenarios.

The back pack bothers me. Unless Kiaya was in the habit of taking it shopping it peaks my interest. Did she think she was going to the mall? I really want to know what was in it. Now that I think of it initially LE described the back pack so it would be safe to assume it was missing. I don't recall LE stating the back pack was found with her?

The version of events told by the boy make no sense. He saw her last. Start there.

And when we were teens we may not have wanted to hang out with 10 year olds but I will be NONE of us would have left a 10 year old behind, miles from home, to make her own way back. Rain or no rain.

Rubbish. Squeeze him.

The rain could just be an excuse to have ditched her to go and see his friends thinking she would just find her way back home by herself. Teens come up with the most ridiculous reasons sometimes that aren't even true. We had a teen and some of the whoppers that would come out of her mouth to stop herself from getting in trouble was amazing.

That is no joke! One of my daughters had a flat tire and drove it home, ruining the tire and rim. She was a senior in high school and her excuse was a rabbit must have ate the tire. She knew how to change a flat, she could have called for help- who knows why she came up with that story!

Wonder if she could have been hit by a car, driver panicked because of illegal issues, and moved her body to where she was found? That just came to my mind when I read that body had severe trauma.
Would they be so quick to call that a homicide?

Would they be so quick to call that a homicide?
Replying to my own quote, had forgotten a homicide could be accidental. Maybe just reflects the extreme nature of the injuries.

This is MOO, but is it also possible she was trying to meet someone she had been talking to online and the 15-year-old was trying to cover for her? It's clear she had social media accounts, maybe she met someone and had plans to run away with them. That could account for the backpack and the reason she was found in a place that was not near where the boy said they were. It's sad to think, but it has happened before.

That is no joke! One of my daughters had a flat tire and drove it home, ruining the tire and rim. She was a senior in high school and her excuse was a rabbit must have ate the tire. She knew how to change a flat, she could have called for help- who knows why she came up with that story!

:floorlaugh: Most creative answer ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member