MISTRIAL Bill Cosby -- Charged W/Aggravated Sexual Assault/Other Rape Allegations #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually, I have seen a reason by the Defense in the media whenever a spouse is not attending the trial.

I have not yet seen a reason put out by the Defense.

Does the fact that Camille has not attended at all at this trial speak volumes to you? It does to me!

Edited:

Unless she is scheduled to testify. Even if a spouse is planning to testify, I have seen them show up outside the Courthouse to hug their spouse to show the media of their support, but not go into the Courthouse.

We shall see.

It is interesting...

It is hard for me to even think of my significant other being with their former significant other, hookups, or sexual experiences BUT to hear and create visuals from detailed and gruesome testimonies of rape and drugging other woman against their will would be unbearable in my opinion. It would take one heck of a woman to do that.... not to say Camile isn't one heck of a woman but you would have to be so incredibly strong. How would it look to a jury if she were to break down, cry, or have to leave the court room?

IF she is supporting her husband than maybe it's actual best for him if she stays away?

Not sure. But it is interesting she is not there.

Thanks for posting this. It infuriates me that ABC deigns to categorize this story as "Entertainment."

This does not surprise me. I know Disney owns it but I do not know who operates it. They have notoriously skewed the news many times. I have been banned from commenting on their news site because I have the opposite political view, no bad words even though the other side said them numerously. You would not think a mature adult news network would operate like this.

Teased in CBS (WWJ radio) report yesterday: Cosby might testify.

Tonight (Saturday) at 9:00 (EDT) on CNN:

CNN Special Report "The Case Against Cosby" with correspondent Jean Casarez follows legendary comedian Bill Cosby's road to trial after assault allegations.

Tonight (Saturday) at 9:00 (EDT) on CNN:

CNN Special Report "The Case Against Cosby" with correspondent Jean Casarez follows legendary comedian Bill Cosby's road to trial after assault allegations.

Did you (anybody?) catch the show? Haven't seen much about the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if she owes bill money since her settlement clause may have consisted of never mentioning the incident in public?

I wonder if she owes bill money since her settlement clause may have consisted of never mentioning the incident in public?

I dont think so. Imo, he broke it when he had his lawyer come out and say all of the women were lying.

Plus the Judge allowed BCs deposition in that civil case to become public.

Those reasons seem a little sexist IMO.

It isn't sexist whatsoever. The truth can be brutal sometimes, but it is what it is.

There have been in depth studies done on women jurors concerning rape/assault cases that show they tend to be much harsher on the female victim/s than the accused perpetrator/s

I am glad there are only five women on this case. I just hope none of them hang the case and refuse to vote guilty. It would be a terrible injustice since this man has been a serial predator for decades now though never punished for his evil deeds.

IMO

I dont think so. Imo, he broke it when he had his lawyer come out and say all of the women were lying.

Plus the Judge allowed BCs deposition in that civil case to become public.

I think Cosby will beat the case because he was a rich old guy that settled out of court and is only here due to a zealous D.A that wanted the attention before the statue of limitations was about to run out. Jmo.

I respectfully disagree.

This will be Cosby's swan song and playing the role of the Swan is Andrea Constead.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Oops. I meant to type in playing the role of the Director of the Swan Song is Andrea Constand.

Jun 12 2017, 8:44 am ET

It’s Show Time for Bill Cosby’s Defense Team at Sexual Assault Trial

by Tracy Connor and Hannah Rappleye

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Bill Cosby's wife Camille made her first appearance at his sexual assault trial on Monday as the defense prepared to put on its case.

The trial resumes with a big question mark hanging over it: What do Cosby's lawyers have planned to counter a prosecution case that wrapped up with few missteps?

Cosby's spokesman has suggested that the comedian might testify when the case enters its second week, but legal experts say that's highly doubtful given the risk that he could doom himself with his own words...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...time-bill-cosby-s-defense-team-sexual-n770816

Per CNN: Defense has rested its case. One witness testified. Not Cosby himself, but Judge asked if it was his choice not to testify.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/12/us/bill-cosby-trial/index.html

Bill Cosby's defense rested on Monday after calling just one witness, as the famed comedian declined to testify in his own defense.
Bill Cosby arrived at court arm-in-arm with his wife Camille on Monday, marking her first appearance at the comedian's trial for aggravated indecent assault.
Cosby, who has pleaded not guilty to the charges, has previously arrived at the Montgomery County courthouse with various celebrities from the world of entertainment. The former actor was joined last Monday by Keshia Knight Pulliam, who played Rudy Huxtable on "The Cosby Show."
Other actors have joined on other trial days, including two appearances by Joe Torry.
Camille Cosby is the first member of his family to join him in arriving at court. His daughters have not done so to this point.

Jun 12 2017, 10:48 am ET

Bill Cosby Trial: Comedian Didn’t Testify at Trial, Defense Rests After One Witness

by Hannah Rappleye and Tracy Connor

NORRISTOWN, Pa. — Bill Cosby’s wife, Camille, made her first appearance at her husband’s sexual assault trial on Monday, taking a seat in the courtroom as the defense rested its case after calling a single witness.

Both sides are expected to give closing arguments Monday afternoon, and the jury could begin deliberations later in the day or on Tuesday...
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bi...an-didn-t-testify-trial-defense-rests-n770831

Per CNN: Defense asked for acquittal. Judge denied request. Closing arguments today. Jury instructions. Jury could begin deliberations today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah