Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #3

I can't say I'm surprised. As I posted earlier, there are many things here I don't know. I've never been to that area so I am not familiar with it. Therefore, I didn't know the water temperature.(a local has since posted that it is cold due to snow melt from nearby mountain range). I don't what the bank of the river is like - steep or shallow grade. I don't know what the river bottom is like - muddy or rocky or deep on that side of the river. I don't know if Alycia could swim. I know of at least one situation at a graduation party on a river where a person who could swim was believed to have stepped in a hole, panicked and drowned - in daylight and in front of others. Slipping into cold water can cause a brief sense of shock and panic. If the river bottom is muddy and/or deep that adds to the panic mode and then on top of that it is dark - all adding to the fear. A person who cannot swim is more likely to panic than someone who can swim. I don't know how close the river was. (Or even why she would be there to start with.) Did she cross over the levee and get too close to the water and slip in? Knowing she had been drinking did she hear a car and run to hide? It's happened before as that is one of theories why LE did not find Maura Murray when they got to her car.

I'm hoping they analyze the water in her lungs, if that is possible. Of course, if she was intentionally drowned at that spot that analysis won't tell us whether it was intentional or accidental.

So many questions and I don't have the answers.

Still not a plain and simple accident in my book.

Although, previously I always working under the assumption this was not premeditated. I thought either crime of passion, crime of opportunity, or some sort of accident (not drowning) which led to a cover up.

Now with COD released....IF IF IF foul play is involved then I would say this has to be premeditated, or else it was a pretty clever quick thinking.

Regardless this was unexpected twist in my book.

What if she was drugged then put in the river.. then she drowned??? So my questions .. justice for Aly

So how the heck would her phone even get to the road where it was found by the truck if she walked the opposite way to the river? It doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So how the heck would her phone even get to the road where it was found by the truck if she walked the opposite way to the river? It doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking that same thing also they had search dogs all over that area yet never picked up a scent that would lead them to believe she was in the river.

I would like to know:
1. the temperature of the Feather River in Live Oak that night
2. The speed of the water/current

I live in Sacramento, relatively nearby.
the temp that night was between:
"THU 3/30
High 67° /Low 53° " (From Accu-weather website for Gridley, 3/30)

Our rivers run cold for a long time as they are fed by snowmelt from the Sierra.
Our snowpack in the Sierra is record-breaking, immense and deep this year, people are still skiing in some areas.
Even today, in June, as we near 90 degrees, these rivers can be too cold for swimming.

I say the water was too, too frigid to swim in, or even get near. It wasn't summer. It was barely spring.
It was a very cool (by California standards) evening.
Locals: correct me if I'm wrong, but would kids have been swimming there that time of year?

The water in March is way too cold to swim in...and we were still having rain - on and off.

LE never stated which direction the footprints went.... but my guess is IF the went to the river then we would have found her much much sooner.

My gut is that the footprints are walking towards the road AWAY from the river.

So sad. I too was surprised by the COD. My gut says it is unlikely we will find out any more about what may have caused or contributed to this terrible tragedy. Rest In Peace, Aly.

so this is testimony Trooper Crause of Mass State Police, who specializes in cell phone and data analysis, from the Bella Bond case but I thought it interesting given the extensive talk of the phone ping.

Alysha Palumbo
✔ ‎@AlyshaNBCBoston

Crouse says cell phones constantly look for the best signal, not necessarily the closest tower geographically @nbcboston @NECN #BellaBond

9:18 AM - 14 Jun 2017

They reedited the post to say it's at a standstill instead of closed. I wonder what caused them to change their wording, perhaps one pissed off community!?

They reedited the post to say it's at a standstill instead of closed. I wonder what caused them to change their wording, perhaps one pissed off community!?

Or the media misquoted LE. They say her phone was found on the levee. Was her truck found on the river side of the levee or the other? I thought the orchard was on the opposite side of the levee from the river and if that is the case she left her truck and walked toward the levee and subsequently the river.

If LE brought out dogs you would have thought the dogs would have tracked her to the river. But I don't know what the weather conditions were like between when the truck was stuck in the orchard and when they found the truck. We have verified SAR members on here and they would know more about why a dog would not be able to pick up a scent. I know from when I hunted we would bring out dogs to track a wounded deer and I have seen them just suddenly lose the scent and be unable to track the deer. And those were fresh tracks.

OR did the dog(s) track to the river but after 4 days her body floated downstream? But then wouldn't LE have started searching the river?

Interesting they changed it. I feel the only hope now is if down the road someone who knows something gets a case of loose lips.

Can someone explain in Depth to me the difference in manner of death vs cause of death..

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Can someone explain in Depth to me the difference in manner of death vs cause of death..

Manner of death is whether it is homicide, suicide, accidental, etc. Cause of death is gunshot wound, stabbing, heart attack, drowning, etc. HTH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Cause of death is what kills someone, manner of death is how the death occurred. For example if a person is strangled the cause of death would likely be asphyxiation but the manner of death would be strangulation.

Cause of death is what kills someone, manner of death is how the death occurred. For example if a person is strangled the cause of death would likely be asphyxiation but the manner of death would be strangulation.

I apologize if I'm incorrect but that's what I was always told.

Hi WorriedinYC! Actually, in your example the manner of death would be homicide.

Manners of death include natural causes, accidental, suicide, and homicide.

Hope this clarifies :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back