GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can oly hope we have a verdict soon. I was reading upthread post about McClean Hospital.
There are two campuses, one in Belmont and the other in Middleboro. They might not mirror each other in what they offer for treatments and I am confused. Do we know WHY she was there? Actually why such as what was she being treated for?

Why would a judge take this long? Its not like its 12 jurors that dont understand the law?

So the judge should know if she fits the criteria of the charges.

Because her texts says it all about her guilt.

<modsnip>

I had assumed the judge would want to be thorough and sleep on it a few nights.

I agree. Also going over all possible sentences she could recieve, mental help issues she could get help for, what happens if she becomes mentally stable, does she get released or sent to prison, or possible she is totally set free. A lot to go through more then we can imagine. I believe this Judge is going to give some sort of sentence, she is not totally innocent...MOO.

IMO (and I'm not sure of how a not guilty by reason of insanity defense works) mental health treatment shouldn't be considered as her punishment since she didn't use an insanity type of defense as her excuse. It doesn't sound like she had any sort of psychiatric evaluation ordered by the court (either side), so as far as we know she HAS no diagnosis of anything and isn't unstable. If mental health issues were her excuse, this should have been established a year or more ago...y It would seem unreasonable to now go back and evaluate her in the (possible, assuming she is convicted) punitive stage of her case because this girl is so manipulative I think she would try to look more mentally ill than she is in order to be in control of her punishment.

I'm not sure if that makes sense or not. I feel like if she had actual mental health issues evaluations would have been done already and she would have a firm diagnosis, or the issues would be determined to not exist and therefore not factor in at all.

I'm thinking that we will get the decision in Friday. Unlike a jury decision where they give the verdict the same day normally, the judge said he would alert all parties that he had a decision and court would reconvene the next day. I don't believe this would go until next week, but obviously he didn't contact anyone today...

I'm thinking that we will get the decision in Friday. Unlike a jury decision where they give the verdict the same day normally, the judge said he would alert all parties that he had a decision and court would reconvene the next day. I don't believe this would go until next week, but obviously he didn't contact anyone today...

I know it is good that the Judge is being being thorough but I kind of hoped that at the end of the closing statements he would lean back, crack his knuckles and be like, "alright now that that's out of the way..." and declare her guilty. &#128514;

I know it is good that the Judge is being being thorough but I kind of hoped that at the end of the closing statements he would lean back, crack his knuckles and be like, "alright now that that's out of the way..." and declare her guilty. [emoji23]

Me too!!! Ha ha

I just found this. It looks like this could take some time.

How long does it take a judge to make a decision on a bench trial?

It really varies. It can be that day (not normally) a couple of days, weeks or months.

It can vary quite widely, but a few months is not out of the ordinary. A lot depends on the complexity of the case.

In a bench trial, the judge has to prepare written reasons (unlike a jury trial, where the jury just makes up its mind). In an easy case, this can run a few pages and might only take a couple of weeks. In a very complex case, it's not unheard of for a decision to run over 100 pages and take months to prepare.

I just read an article that said Michelle texted Conrad 80 times after his death saying that she was sorry, and apologizing to him. I can't make sense of that. I thought she was a psychopath until I saw that article, why would she do that if she didnt feel some remorse? Im not quite sure how to feel about her

"sorry" can mean many things, only one of which is actual remorse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I just read an article that said Michelle texted Conrad 80 times after his death saying that she was sorry, and apologizing to him. I can't make sense of that. I thought she was a psychopath until I saw that article, why would she do that if she didnt feel some remorse? Im not quite sure how to feel about her

Covering her tracks?

I firmly believe every text sent after she hung up the phone after listening to him gasp and die were for show. She was very well aware of what she did was morally bankrupt. Also, she thought that he deleted all her texts and she was looking like an innocent grieving little girl...

I am so busy watching trials I hardly get on here anymore so I am way behind. I have been watching this trial and wonder if anyone know anything about "Alice". I read somewhere that she file a restraining order against Michelle. Anyone know?

Why would a judge take this long? Its not like its 12 jurors that dont understand the law?

So the judge should know if she fits the criteria of the charges.

Because her texts says it all about her guilt.

<modsnip>

There were many references throughout that the the judge himself was going to go through all of the texts/Facebook messages and medical records himself. If so, that is hours upon hours of reading. This could take awhile!

I am so busy watching trials I hardly get on here anymore so I am way behind. I have been watching this trial and wonder if anyone know anything about "Alice". I read somewhere that she file a restraining order against Michelle. Anyone know?

From one series of Facebook messages I read between Conrad and Michelle from 2012, Alice and Alice's Mom had accused Michelle of lying about something (it didn't say what) and Alice's mom wouldn't let Alice see Michelle anymore. Michelle seemed very upset and stated something about having apologized "thousands of times" to both Alice and her mom, but they wouldn't forgive her.

Edit to add the link: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3862935-Michelle-Carter-Conrad-Roy-Facebook-Messages.html

From one series of Facebook messages I read between Conrad and Michelle from 2012, Alice and Alice's Mom had accused Michelle of lying about something (it didn't say what) and Alice's mom wouldn't let Alice see Michelle anymore. Michelle seemed very upset and stated something about having apologized "thousands of times" to both Alice and her mom, but they wouldn't forgive her.

Thank you - it took me forever, but I did find some info along these lines and even more indepth in the comments under Lady Justice videos Day5 Part5.

I just found this. It looks like this could take some time.

I think this source is pretty accurate. I have only seen one bench trial that I can remember. In that trial the defendant a 17 yrs old male plead guilty for killing his parents. They still had to have a sentencing hearing before the judge with witness and some were physc witness. Anyway I believe it took a few weeks before a judgement and them the Judge had written a lengthy report that he read.

So with all of the evidence the Judge has to go through I think it could be a few weeks. I hope he has been going through some of during the trial. Then depending how long it takes to write his report it could be a few weeks. imo

Thank you - it took me forever, but I did find some info along these lines and even more indepth in the comments under Lady Justice videos Day5 Part5.

Those comments also lead to a FB page that has links to a ton of transcripts (if you scroll to around June 12/13), very enlightening.

Edit to add the link: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3862935-Michelle-Carter-Conrad-Roy-Facebook-Messages.html

This is interesting. I take it that Alice's mom saw the writing on the wall??
I do not have facebook so can not look up these Facebook post. In an above post are you saying that LadyJustice has them on youtube?
Also to me not only of course does MC have an evil look to her lately but to me she also looks slightly sedated. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson