GUILTY TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 1, & Brynn Hawkins, 2, die in hot car, Kerr Co., June 2017 *Arrest*

On her FB page, someone commented that her dad bailed her out of jail.

Nice.

:bump: up for these two babies.... :rose:

Found this... article dated June 26, 2017

Amanda Hawkins' husband on felony charges
http://dailytimes.com/news/article_97a048bc-5a89-11e7-877d-5f35be179935.html

Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins, the husband of Amanda Kristene Hawkins, a woman who will soon face a grand jury in the death of her two toddler-aged daughters, was arrested on felony family violence charges Friday.

I guess no date for this grand jury - at least I can't seem to find anything....

Amanda has waived her rights to be in court for her arraignment. Pled "not guilty" on the signed waiver.

Anyone who had knowledge of these babies suffering in a hot vehicle should be charged as well.

The article stated that Amanda did not nothing even after friends alerted her of her kids crying in the car.

These friends need to be charged. If she did nothing to help her suffering kids, then you call the police or you break the window and rescue them.

unacceptable.

Amanda has waived her rights to be in court for her arraignment. Pled "not guilty" on the signed waiver.

Was the arraignment hearing already held? Do you have a link to the above?? TIA! :wave:

:bump: up - maybe someone has seen an update on this case??

17-year-old faces charges in deaths of two toddlers in vehicle
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...d-faces-charges-in-deaths-of-two-12553297.php

The deaths last summer of two Kerr County toddlers left in a vehicle overnight outside a residence where their mother slept has sparked felony charges against a Kerrville teenager.

Kevin W. Franke, now 17, is the second person arrested in connection with the deaths from overheating of Brynn Hawkins, 1, and Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 2.
[.....]
....was initially charged more than a month ago as a juvenile.
[.....]
If indicted, Franke, now 17, faces prosecution as an adult on two charges of manslaughter charges of injury to a child and two charges of child abandonment. He was booked Saturday at the Kerr County Jail, where his combined bonds total $310,000.

Also article says Amanda's trial will be in March.

If anyone finds an actually date in March for trial, please post! TIA! :)

March 26th:
*Trial set to begin
- TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (left in car overnight) - Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment ($70,000 bail) pled not guilty; hot car deaths. Amanda's trial starts today.
Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins (19) (father) indicted (2/8/18) with manslaughter, 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment; pled not guilty.
2/5/18 update: Kevin W. Franke (17) has been charged with 2 charges of manslaughter, injury to a child & 2 charges of child abandonment. $310K bond

all the red is new in this case. I thought I had posted this already.... maybe I accidentally posted it on another thread.... :pcguru: and I think I know which one! :eek:hwow:

Ah - found what I was going to post here. Saved it from last night...

Father of Toddlers Left to Die in Hot Car Overnight Charged With Manslaughter
https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily...n-hot-car-overnight-charged-with-manslaughter

Eight months after two young children died in Kerrville after being left alone in a hot car for 15 hours, their father has been doubly charged with manslaughter, injury to a child, and child abandonment, the San Antonio Express-News first reported.
[.....]
According to Hierholzer, one of the witnesses inside the home with Hawkins had even suggested that she bring the girls inside — meaning at least two people were aware of the situation, and did not step in.
[.....]
Franke was certified by a judge to be prosecuted as an adult if he is indicted, and Kerr County Attorney Heather Stebbins plans to bring up misdemeanor charges against five other adults connected to the deaths, according the the Express-News.

Wondering "why" the mother hasn't been charged with manslaughter??

Monday, March 26th:
*Trial set to begin - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (left in car overnight) - for Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment ($70,000 bail) pled not guilty; hot car deaths. Amanda's trial starts today.
Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins (19) (father) indicted with manslaughter, 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment; pled not guilty.
2/5/18 update: Kevin W. Franke (17) has been charged with 2 charges of manslaughter, injury to a child & 2 charges of child abandonment. $310K bond

Monday, March 26th:
*Trial set to begin - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (left in car overnight) - for Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment ($70,000 bail) pled not guilty; hot car deaths. Amanda's trial starts today.
Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins (19) (father) indicted with manslaughter, 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment; pled not guilty.
Is it me being blind or is Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins not mentioned in those articles as being charged with manslaughter.
I can see Kevin w Franks with charges but not the other one.
The babies fathers are Isaac Roy Louis Hawkins and Austin James overgard, so do you think they are mixing the 2 up and thinking Kevin Franks is the kids dad.

• [*=right]Shutterstock
Eight months after two young children died in Kerrville after being left alone in a hot car for 15 hours, their father has been doubly charged with manslaughter, injury to a child, and child abandonment, the San Antonio Express-News first reported.

The charges against 17-year-old Kevin Franke follow the initial charges against Amanda Hawkins, the children’s 19-year-old mother, who was indicted on two counts of abandoning and endangering a child back in August.

According to the Kerr County Sheriff’s office, Hawkins knowingly left her daughters, 1-year-old Brynn Hawkins and 2-year-old Addyson Overgard-Eddy, in a car parked in front of a Kerrville home late one Tuesday night in June 2017, where the girls remained until noon the following day. Hawkins was inside the house a few yards away the entire time.
https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily...n-hot-car-overnight-charged-with-manslaughter

So why is father being charged? Was the father aware of this as well?

I must have missed this in previous MSM about the case.

JUSTICE for Addyson & Brynn!

That's what I'm wondering. I can clearly see "father of toddler's charged" in the headings but nothing in the actual articles.
Plus each child has a different dad so they shouldn't even be stating dad of the toddlers. Its confusing because as far as I was aware she wasn't with any of the dads for quite a while. They actually used the word estranged in one article.

Yes, it is confusing!! :confused:

Any updates on court yesterday? Is it actually happening? I personally haven't seen anything!

TIA if anyone finds "something"!

Well.... another one that is NOT doing a trial... from court site:

For Amanda:
03/26/2018 CANCELED Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith) Reset
04/18/2018 Motion Hearing (1:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
05/21/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back