GUILTY CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest* #2

'Ravaged' is such a horrific way to describe what he did to KC.When I think of something being ravaged I think about it being torn apart or almost destroyed.

For the record, I want to point out that we do not know in what way the o was "ravaged" or as LE put it, "severely injured." We don't even know for sure how long she was missing. We don't know when she actually died. There are other possibilities to consider when trying to describe the state of the body. Perhaps animals had the opportunity to harm the corpse.

My point is, we know practically nothing about this case, which is one reason I think it has drawn the attention of so many of us. I think we all have to trust that LE has reasons for not releasing much info and we have to be patient and be very careful to not allow speculation to become de facto "truths" simply because our curiosity gets the better of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was wondering if you had other children and how you maintained all that.

No, I never had any other children. I made the conscious decision to not have any more children when he was pretty young for two reasons:

1. I didn't want to risk bringing another person into the world who could cause so much pain to the people around him; and,

2. I did not think it would be fair to another child to provide my son access to an innocent to abuse. I was an adult and could take it and understood that when I chose to bring him into the world I signed up for a lifetime commitment of caring for him. A new child would not have that choice.

No, I never had any other children. I made the conscious decision to not have any more children when he was pretty young for two reasons:

1. I didn't want to risk bringing another person into the world who could cause so much pain to the people around him; and,

2. I did not think it would be fair to another child to provide my son access to an innocent to abuse. I was an adult and could take it and understood that when I chose to bring him into the world I signed up for a lifetime commitment of caring for him. A new child would not have that choice.

Thank you for your timely answer!
I have a facebook friend whose child seems highly autistic and i sometimes wonder how others do it with children who have worse diagnoses than my own son. (He is 36 now).
Take care !

Let's please keep this thread about Kiaya.

Thanks, all.
:heartbeat:

Sorry, got off base a litte bit.
I got on youtube last night, and was looking at Kiaya's youtube posts. I was surprised how many there was. She seemed interested in a lot of things, and a very thoughtful 'thinking' young girl. I thought it was adorable. I did have a little trouble hearing what she said as the volume was a little low. There was a humorous one with a relative. She must be missed!

Thanks so much for sharing, serenitysprings. I expected that I would be the only one here on WS with drama deluxe raising my son. I lived many years in terror...sometimes in fear of my bi-polar son but more often afraid FOR him. I've heard stories about people wanting to START ALL OVER AGAIN and do it differently (re raising their kids). No thanx. I'll pass!
I was wondering if you had other children and how you maintained all that. (Side note: My ex/his dad probably had undiagnosed bi-polar as well). My ex, fortunately, did provide enough income so I could stay home. In all those years I never left my kids alone even for 15 minutes. How'd I do it? No idea. (Ok, Prayer). And I had a natural homebody gene :) anyways. Another side note: It appears at this point that none of my grandkids will have bipolar. Hopeful.
But anyways I have sincere sympathy for parents of troubled kids. But some way, some how, an adult needs to be there with aggressive kids. But, then again, maybe it's not always possible.
I'm absolutely sure the parents of this suspect/victim never even imagined it coming to this. Often guidelines are you can leave kids alone at age 10...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM
Aydrianna (and Serenity Springs) , re your bold .... you are far from the only one with major "drama" raising your children. I, for one, could add a few horror stories ... thankfully , my children are fully grown and independent now, but it has not always been an easy road and I still have worries about them. And family members such as cousins, uncles, etc ..... oh the stories I could share. Too bad there was no WS she I needed to vent or cry or just ask for a hug.
:grouphug:

I wonder who was actually watching over Kiaya before she left with the "brother". Were parents at home or out somewhere (perhaps working), was the brother supposed to be watching her, etc. how did she feel about him? So many questions that may never be answered. I so hope the two families did all they could to ensure her safety and are not blaming themselves. And Mom, who did not live there .... I would be asking myself why did I let her go.... which is exactly what she should not have to feel. What a horrendous nightmare for all involved.

CBS Denver

She disappeared 10 days ago.
A boy accused of her murder was arrested five days ago: http://bit.ly/2rIodg1.
Today, we received this statement:

On behalf of the family of Kiaya Campbell, we would like to give a very heart felt thank you to the Thornton Police department, FBI, Rampart search and Rescue and all other responders. Their immediate action and dedication to the devastating loss of our baby girl was commendable. We would like to express our appreciation to the victim advocates and detectives that are working long and hard on our case. We would like to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, all those who have expressed their love and concern for the loss we are suffering. The outpouring of local community, statewide, and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity. We feel the love and support from all of those whom have given their time, prayers, and donations to provide assistance during our time of grieving. We would like to share with everyone Kiaya's 5th grade graduation speech to give all a understanding of what an amazing intelligent young lady she was.

"Greetings 5th graders, family members, Board Directors, and amazing teachers. I wanted to thank all of you for making my stay here at Monarch great. The 4 years I have been here I have felt loved and respected. Although I may seem like I'm speaking for myself, I am speaking for all the fifth graders. Here at Monarch everyone is family, we may have our fights and arguments but at the end of the day we all bleed red. We are all human. I especially want to thank Mrs. J, Mrs. L and Ms. N for teaching me many helpful things. Mrs. J I want to thank you for teaching me factors, multiplying, subtracting, and adding factors. Mrs N thank you for teaching me grammar, writing, and division. Lastly, Mrs. L I want to thank you for being like a friend to me. I want to say to all of the families if you have younger kids, let them know that anything is possible and they can accomplish anything as long as they try. Trying is the best thing anyone can do." - Kiaya Campbell, May 2017

Again, thank you and we greatly appreciate everyone respecting our privacy.

https://www.facebook.com/CBSDenver/posts/10155022512473300:0

CBS Denver

She disappeared 10 days ago.
A boy accused of her murder was arrested five days ago: http://bit.ly/2rIodg1.
Today, we received this statement:

On behalf of the family of Kiaya Campbell, we would like to give a very heart felt thank you to the Thornton Police department, FBI, Rampart search and Rescue and all other responders. Their immediate action and dedication to the devastating loss of our baby girl was commendable. We would like to express our appreciation to the victim advocates and detectives that are working long and hard on our case. We would like to thank, from the bottom of our hearts, all those who have expressed their love and concern for the loss we are suffering. The outpouring of local community, statewide, and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity. We feel the love and support from all of those whom have given their time, prayers, and donations to provide assistance during our time of grieving. We would like to share with everyone Kiaya's 5th grade graduation speech to give all a understanding of what an amazing intelligent young lady she was.

"Greetings 5th graders, family members, Board Directors, and amazing teachers. I wanted to thank all of you for making my stay here at Monarch great. The 4 years I have been here I have felt loved and respected. Although I may seem like I'm speaking for myself, I am speaking for all the fifth graders. Here at Monarch everyone is family, we may have our fights and arguments but at the end of the day we all bleed red. We are all human. I especially want to thank Mrs. J, Mrs. L and Ms. N for teaching me many helpful things. Mrs. J I want to thank you for teaching me factors, multiplying, subtracting, and adding factors. Mrs N thank you for teaching me grammar, writing, and division. Lastly, Mrs. L I want to thank you for being like a friend to me. I want to say to all of the families if you have younger kids, let them know that anything is possible and they can accomplish anything as long as they try. Trying is the best thing anyone can do." - Kiaya Campbell, May 2017

Again, thank you and we greatly appreciate everyone respecting our privacy.

https://www.facebook.com/CBSDenver/posts/10155022512473300:0

Thanks osu - so beautiful. RIP Kiaya.

Thank you osu .... but it brings tears again. :tears:

I can't believe their is not a funeral set for her yet. Unless they kept it private.

:rose: RIP Kiaya, you deserve so much better than what you were dealt with. how can someone, let alone a 15 yr old, be so angry to overkill? :tears:

The family shared a statement this weekend that says in part “We would like to give a very heartfelt thank you to the Thornton Police Department, FBI, Rampart Search and Rescue and all other responders.”

“The outpouring of local, community, statewide and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity.

The statement also shared Campbell’s recent fifth grade graduation speech. The last part read “I want to say to all of the families if you have younger kids, let them know that anything is possible and they can accomplish anything as long as they try. Trying it the best thing anyone can do.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/18/kiaya-campbell-family-thanks/

thornton-child-body-10pkg-transfer_frame_1516.png

The family shared a statement this weekend that says in part “We would like to give a very heartfelt thank you to the Thornton Police Department, FBI, Rampart Search and Rescue and all other responders.”

“The outpouring of local, community, statewide and nationwide support has given us comfort and a greater belief in humanity.

The statement also shared Campbell’s recent fifth grade graduation speech. The last part read “I want to say to all of the families if you have younger kids, let them know that anything is possible and they can accomplish anything as long as they try. Trying it the best thing anyone can do.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/18/kiaya-campbell-family-thanks/

thornton-child-body-10pkg-transfer_frame_1516.png
What a beautiful picture of Kiaya. I would love to hear an audio or see a video of her speech if one exists.

What a beautiful picture of Kiaya. I would love to hear an audio or see a video of her speech if one exists.
I dont know if you will find a copy of that, but she has lots of youtube videos.

I can't stop thinking of the parents in this case.

No I don't know anything about the law either. Is it your opinion he should never get out of prison? I know many people feel that way. I just keep wondering if there's some way to salvage this kid.
Todd Kolhepp comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Did anyone else read that there was a private memorial last Sunday?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back