GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes for tomorrow.

I am praying for a verdict today. I will have my phone until about 11:30 tomorrow, but I will probably be looped out of my mind so please ignore any future ramblings I may post!

I'm honestly hoping they jury is just going over everything to be thorough and not wanting to look like they didn't think on it long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
Sorry to jump in the conversation midstream, just wondering if anyone has found a reliable up to date twitter, or other source for the verdict watch.
I have been struggling to find one since yesterday.
TIA
[video=twitter;877541196658229248]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/877541196658229248[/video]

Follow @LawNewzVerdict. You will receive a notification ONLY when a #verdict is reached in a case. https://t.co/arWbtKkTTA

If it's a hung jury, does MM remain incarcerated?

If it's a hung jury, does MM remain incarcerated?

If it's a hung jury, the Commonwealth will have to first decide if they intend to retry the case.

If they decide yes, then there will be another hearing and I'm sure that bond will be brought up again.

In the very same courtroom not long ago, it took the jury over 37 hours to deliver a not guilty verdict in the AH double murder trial...another he said/she said trial with a questionable star witness.

Sorry... it was he said/he said!

I believe usually in a mistrial there would be a retrial, and the defendant, if they were locked up before the first trial, would generally stay locked up until the retrial. I don't know if they get another chance at a bail hearing?

RB's plea deal, going from what was said in testimony, is that as long as the DA doesn't want to tear up the agreement (for lying/perjury) that it goes to the judge to approve her sentence, and on approval RB is freed with 2-years probation for the larceny charge.

It was specified that RB's release does not rely on a guilty verdict for MM.

I want them to throw out her 'accessory after the fact' charge and upgrade her to murder/manslaughter. But when Shapiro was cross-examining RB he tried to tell her that she could end up in jail for a much longer period for perjury and there were some objections from the DA and some discussion with the judge, and the judge seemed to say she didn't really know how they dealt with RB's charge and that she'd worry about that after the trial ended, and the DA seemed to imply there's zero chance of him putting a perjury charge on her.

If the judge has already accepted RB's guilty plea, I don't really see how they can take back that charge? And with that charge finalized, I don't see how they can give her a murder/manslaughter charge on top because in the wording 'after the fact' it's implicit that the person didn't perform any actions until after the murder was complete.

I agree with Shapiro, there can be no justice for Bella without RB being tried for her murder.

But what has happened here? A few weeks ago I remember doing a poll with three options -- solely MM, MM+RB, RB only. I think the results were something like solely MM 1 vote, MM+RB 12 votes, RB only 0 votes.

Should we do that poll again now?

Thanks SueG!
I wonder if the ex-gf in this article is the one that testified? hmmm...

His childhood girlfriend? I think she said she had hardly seen him in the last 4 years and had never met RB. I wonder if it's "Kathleen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow