GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG's Arthur (bond) hearing that was set for June 9th was canceled. I hope this has something to do with all the moving around he has been doing (transport orders), but it could really be anything.

From the public record of the Leon, FL courts https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/public/clerk_services/, it appears as if some progresses are made by the defenses of Katherine Magbanua & Sigfredo Garcia despite the seemingly overwhelming case of the State of Florida. However, it appears that these lawyers are far from prepared for a trial despite what they say in they news.
For Sigfredo Garcia, after a flurry of motions including some transportation around, a NOTO notice of cancellation of hearing has been secured on 5/30/2017 leading to a PRE-TRIAL CASE MANAGEMENT 6/5/2017 10:30 AM.
With Pre-Trial after Pre-Trial, the attorneys for Sigfredo Garcia are far from prepared to sustain a trial by the jury, it appears. Let us wait for what the court of judge HANKINSON will bring tomorrow.
For Katherine Magbanua, the statements made by her lawyers in the news media appear to say that they are ready for a trial by a jury and they have enough money to weather the long haul, including depositing 38 persons.
There was a 5/30/2017 ANSWER TO DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY (Amended). “This means the State must Answer the Demand and provide (copies of or access to) any and all evidence in the possession of the State to the attorney for the Defendant.” Given that such procedure is “one of the first steps in the criminal justice process”, I wonder how prepared for a jury trial are the lawyers of Magbanua?
Besides, there is still a MOTION HEARING 7/21/2017 8:30 AM MOTION CONFLICT INTEREST INQUIRY AND CMC (4 HRS). CMC appears to stand for Case Management Conference. Therefore, the source of Magbanua’s vast financial resources is still not clarified to the satisfaction of the State of Florida.

I finally received the Notice of Taking Depositions filed a few weeks ago by Magbanua's attorneys. They set depositions of basically all the law enforcement involved in the case (sheriffs, detectives, investigators, etc.) to take place this past week. I hope all the depositions went forward. There were over 30 of them set throughout the end of May/beginning of June. I'm glad discovery is under way, although we all know that testimony from law enforcement is not the crux of this case.

I finally received the Notice of Taking Depositions filed a few weeks ago by Magbanua's attorneys. They set depositions of basically all the law enforcement involved in the case (sheriffs, detectives, investigators, etc.) to take place this past week. I hope all the depositions went forward. There were over 30 of them set throughout the end of May/beginning of June. I'm glad discovery is under way, although we all know that testimony from law enforcement is not the crux of this case.

I think the Adelson lawyers are truly helping her lawyers with stall tactics procedures that usually helps a defendant have years before the actual trial gets underway.

Now this may be great if one is out on bail. But it could also benefit the non bailed suspect that simply wants to kill time and enjoy the lawyer visits and field trips back and forth to court before finally getting a life sentence and sent to prison where everyone forgets about you and stops visiting.

https://cvweb.clerk.leon.fl.us/publ...p?report=full_view&caseid=0&jiscaseid=1119072

SG's trial has been set for January 22, 2018, with pretrial conferences on January 3 and 18.
At link - video includes brief audio of 2 jailhouse snitches:
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Trial-delayed-for-accused-triggerman-in-Markel-murder-397321961.html
Capitol News Service
June 20, 2017
Trial date set for suspect in Markel murder case
[…] Prosecutor Georgia Cappleman said after the trial date was set that she doesn't "have any plan to make any additional arrests at this time."
Two cell mates of Garcia have told investigators that Garcia confessed to them.
Jason McNair, a cellmate of Garcia's, said Garcia told him the ex-wife's family paid for the hit. […]
The January 2018 trial date is not set in stone. The defense says its likely going to need more time.

So much for them saying that they were trying to get a trial date before the end of the year.

June 20 2017
http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Trial-delayed-for-accused-triggerman-in-Markel-murder-397321961.html

Prosecutors had hoped to try the murder-for-hire case this year and asked the judge for a November trial date.
However, defense attorneys told the judge they needed more time to investigate and depose witnesses, so the judge set a trial date of January 22, 2018.
It's a death penalty case and the trial is likely to last three weeks.

The Tallahassee Democrat article says "In a scheduled four-hour hearing next month, Magbanua will be compelled to prove to prosecutors who is paying for her two Miami attorneys"....but I don't think that's actually the case yet. The state is going to be making argument that Magbanua should be compelled to prove to prosecutors who is paying for her attorneys, and the defense is arguing that they shouldn't have to prove anything. The judge has not yet signed an order granting a Conflict of Interest Inquiry. Hopefully the state comes prepared with the bank records and documents they delayed the hearing the gather, and the judge grants the motion.

The Tallahassee Democrat article says "In a scheduled four-hour hearing next month, Magbanua will be compelled to prove to prosecutors who is paying for her two Miami attorneys"....but I don't think that's actually the case yet. The state is going to be making argument that Magbanua should be compelled to prove to prosecutors who is paying for her attorneys, and the defense is arguing that they shouldn't have to prove anything. The judge has not yet signed an order granting a Conflict of Interest Inquiry. Hopefully the state comes prepared with the bank records and documents they delayed the hearing the gather, and the judge grants the motion.
Please don't laugh at this but.....
what if the attorneys were to say, "we're doing this pro bono. Our law firm has a number of young attorneys who need to "cut their teeth" on a complex but high profile case. Miss M. has fully agreed to this as she cannot afford our attorneys. We've decided that
the experience and education our attorneys will gain from representing Ms. M.
is well worth the firm's money."

Crazy? Impossible?! Far fetched?!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

what if the attorneys were to say, "we're doing this pro bono. Our law firm has a number of young attorneys who need to "cut their teeth" on a complex but high profile case. Miss M. has fully agreed to this as she cannot afford our attorneys. We've decided that

i doubt very much they would/could do that but it doesn't matter because presumably prior payments/retainer has already been paid so they need to answer to that.

for me, one word sums up the alleged masterminds and all of the defense attorneys involved - ARROGANCE.

Makes sense to me, Razz. Many young attorneys would jump at the chance to take on a high profile case, and not be compensated.

IMHO

The two jail house snitches are recorded saying that SG wanted KM to do whatever it took to free herself, including rolling over on the A's. SG is a self admitting horrible person but he is willing to take the rap on this to free the mother of his children. Does KM know that? Why isn't she rolling to save herself?
If she were to roll, that would speed thing's up considerably.
I am hoping.

The two jail house snitches are recorded saying that SG wanted KM to do whatever it took to free herself, including rolling over on the A's. SG is a self admitting horrible person but he is willing to take the rap on this to free the mother of his children. Does KM know that? Why isn't she rolling to save herself?
I am hoping.

She's probably afraid to. Remember CA was ready to off the undercover cop for extorting him too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why did the A's oldest son said his mother was a dangerous woman.

She's probably afraid to. Remember CA was ready to off the undercover cop for extorting him too?

Wendi told KM that the prison tv is better than having to hire a hitman. So enjoy the channels and stay quiet. Lol

I am hoping.

The outlines of the events surrounding the murder of DM are clear. The motive, mechanisms of the crime, payoff and coverup are understood in broad strokes. There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that supports the description of the crime. LR has given first person testimony to confirm many of the events. Hard to imagine that SG is found not guilty and sent on his way. KM's Arthur Hearing was not encouraging for a not guilty verdict. At some point, reality sets in for them.

If SG really wanted to take the blame and protect KM, there is ample opportunity for all of the defense attorneys to meet and discuss with the SA. If KM was fearful of retribution from CA, she probably could receive some sort of protection program in exchange for truthful testimony.

As far as the question of who is paying for KMs defense......... her attorneys never said that it is a pro bono case. They claim that her family is footing the bill . . . The same family who has never visited her in jail. When push comes to shove, it will be interesting to see what her attorneys and her family are willing to state under oath regarding the source of the funds for her defense. I would guess that the prosecution already knows the source.

KM seemingly has the best chance to arrange a deal. It would be interesting to know if she has been offered a deal for her testimony and if so, what kind of deal has she refused? Once the money trail is fully investigated and disclosed, lots of clarity should be provided. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

The outlines of the events surrounding the murder of DM are clear. The motive, mechanisms of the crime, payoff and coverup are understood in broad strokes. There is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that supports the description of the crime. LR has given first person testimony to confirm many of the events. Hard to imagine that SG is found not guilty and sent on his way. KM's Arthur Hearing was not encouraging for a not guilty verdict. At some point, reality sets in for them.

If SG really wanted to take the blame and protect KM, there is ample opportunity for all of the defense attorneys to meet and discuss with the SA. If KM was fearful of retribution from CA, she probably could receive some sort of protection program in exchange for truthful testimony.

As far as the question of who is paying for KMs defense......... her attorneys never said that it is a pro bono case. They claim that her family is footing the bill . . . The same family who has never visited her in jail. When push comes to shove, it will be interesting to see what her attorneys and her family are willing to state under oath regarding the source of the funds for her defense. I would guess that the prosecution already knows the source.

KM seemingly has the best chance to arrange a deal. It would be interesting to know if she has been offered a deal for her testimony and if so, what kind of deal has she refused? Once the money trail is fully investigated and disclosed, lots of clarity should be provided. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I am afraid KM may think that CA is somehow going to save her and then set her and the kids up for life.
I doubt she cares much for her 1st hubby and or what he says.

I suspect she is delusional and if her attorneys are doing what is best for HER, they will need to make a deal
sooner rather than later.

Just my opinion but ALL these miscreants in this murder for hire are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member