Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

I'm new to the thread so I am not sure exactly what y'all have covered. However, in reading the autopsy it says that he had petechiae of the left and right palpebral conjunctiva (the whites of his eyes). I found a medical journal article that states that the petechiae is not usually found in hangings but in strangulation. The article states that is how they usually discern between the two. Thoughts??

Hi Sweetpea. So the petechiae is found mostly in strangulation deaths, I see. Does that mean he could have strangled himself with that exercise band rather than hanging himself with it? I also believe I read his hyoid bone was not broken.

I still don't understand how the bodyguard could kick the locked hotel door in,and this was not a cheap hotel.

I feel like there were a few in his inner circle knew he was not doing well and stood by and let him stand up there and perform anyway.Always about the money.As much as I loved Soundgarden,this was a time when he stayed high.Why put him right back in that situation? He was not clean if he was taking benzo's ,too much abuse of these pills.

There was in Nov of last year.He acts intoxicated to me.[video=youtube;P_y3Z9JnsRs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_y3Z9JnsRs[/video]

I'm new to the thread so I am not sure exactly what y'all have covered. However, in reading the autopsy it says that he had petechiae of the left and right palpebral conjunctiva (the whites of his eyes). I found a medical journal article that states that the petechiae is not usually found in hangings but in strangulation. The article states that is how they usually discern between the two. Thoughts??

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I would like to know why a hanging and strangulation have different outcomes as far as petechiae? Weird, I was assuming they would have the same findings as one another.
Our youngest son gets petechiae around his eyes if he cries hard. One day when I picked him up from daycare he had just got done crying (another kid bit him) and when we got home I noticed the tiny purple/red pinpoint dots all around his eyes. I did a quick google search and figured it out, but it scared me a little. IDK, maybe some people are more prone to it than others.

Everything is just off...the timeline is off, the wife has changed her statements about the phone call, there was noted head trauma in the coroners report but not the autopsy, and there are certain things in the autopsy that are more consistent with strangulation than hanging. Why call the body guard in to fix your computer right before you hang yourself? What happened on that phone call between him and his wife that caused her such alarm? I know he has a history with depression and seemed "off" to some that night, but there are a lot of inconsistencies here.

We're never going to know the full story or how/why it happened.

IMO he was having problems in his marriage and it reminded him of the issues he went through with Susan Silver and this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Once she started painting herself as an angel, they had a perfect marriage, etc. it simply reinforced my original feelings.

All I know is the world lost one of the most talented artists in history and nothing is going to bring him back. I wish she would go away from the spotlight and silently fade into the sunset.

He was depressed most of his life and it comes through in his lyrics. her trying to paint anything in his life as perfect and blissful is an insult to the intelligence of his fans. I'm not following her and haven't read any of this latest info from her/their kids. Its spin/damage control meant to keep her name out there and the cash registers going cha-ching.

This is a mystery too,why he walked off stage "Cornell was visibly agitated at times. He walked off the stage for several minutes before playing “Been Away Too Long,” causing the band to start over and leaving them playing instrumentals to fill the gap. When he came back onstage, he made a “move it along” motion with his hand.http://www.wkyc.com/entertainment/m...l-performance-something-wasnt-right/441087780

We're never going to know the full story or how/why it happened.

IMO he was having problems in his marriage and it reminded him of the issues he went through with Susan Silver and this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Once she started painting herself as an angel, they had a perfect marriage, etc. it simply reinforced my original feelings.

All I know is the world lost one of the most talented artists in history and nothing is going to bring him back. I wish she would go away from the spotlight and silently fade into the sunset.

He was depressed most of his life and it comes through in his lyrics. her trying to paint anything in his life as perfect and blissful is an insult to the intelligence of his fans. I'm not following her and haven't read any of this latest info from her/their kids. Its spin/damage control meant to keep her name out there and the cash registers going cha-ching.

Good post and you are so on target

This is a mystery too,why he walked off stage "Cornell was visibly agitated at times. He walked off the stage for several minutes before playing “Been Away Too Long,” causing the band to start over and leaving them playing instrumentals to fill the gap. When he came back onstage, he made a “move it along” motion with his hand.http://www.wkyc.com/entertainment/m...l-performance-something-wasnt-right/441087780

I've been to Soundgarden concerts and watched/listened to a ton of shows over the years and there are quite a few red flags at the final show. Motioning to hurry up, he screws up on many songs, his odd rantings between songs, etc.

Its amazing that the band doesn't ask him what is wrong. Maybe they did ask and he ignored them but I didn't notice any personal communication between Cornell and Thayil, Shepherd, or Cameron.

Obvivously they couldn't have prevented the tragedy but the show should've been stopped, at least temporarily. They may have just chalked it up to him being too high and there not being any other problems.

This is how I like to remember Chris living in Seattle,doing his own thing,in his skin.Yes people grow and move on,but I feel like Chris never wanted part of that Hollywood scene.He was just trying to please everyone else.[video=youtube;jiCn9UwohvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCn9UwohvI[/video]

I've been to Soundgarden concerts and watched/listened to a ton of shows over the years and there are quite a few red flags at the final show. Motioning to hurry up, he screws up on many songs, his odd rantings between songs, etc.

Its amazing that the band doesn't ask him what is wrong. Maybe they did ask and he ignored them but I didn't notice any personal communication between Cornell and Thayil, Shepherd, or Cameron.

Obvivously they couldn't have prevented the tragedy but the show should've been stopped, at least temporarily. They may have just chalked it up to him being too high and there not being any other problems.

Looks like someone questioned what was going on.. The sound engineer gave an interview and this is what he said...

"Keedick told TMZ that he was positioned in the middle of the audience with his mixing board, and at one point during the concert he was so concerned he phoned someone backstage and asked what was wrong with Chris."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/so...-during-last-concert.html#8Lag7O45wUkXDuqG.99

Anyone know more about the new home that Chris was busy decorating that was mentioned by the MIL in her tweets? Was it some lavish place costing tons of money?

I wonder if there were too many demands and pressures on him to be on tour when he wasn't up to it anymore. Martial troubles perhaps. His MIL seemed so present and vocal, and I imagine he was overpowered by the two.

I could accept and understand if it came out he was kind of depressed or struggling with something, or if the marriage was in trouble, but the so happy-happy story doesn't match. He didn't look that well or happy in the moment. What was really going on? Was he suffering in silence trying to please others?

From what I have read was they were paying $30000 a month to rent a place in Miami and were renovating a New York apartment. There is even a lawsuit against Vicky for stiffing a design company for $15000. I think that Chris was attracted to very strong, assertive women and was okay with letting them have control. However, I think his second wife and her family just broke the poor mans spirit. She had him on a short leash, working him constantly. He did not seem into the Hollywood scene, but she tried to push him there. When looking at video footage and pics from the last six months, you can see the decline in mental health. It was like a flame slowly being extinguished.

I've not read a single good thing about VKC. The change in his appearance was dramatic from 3-4 years ago. No peace for him even after his death. I want someone to come forward and speak on this man's behalf. Something was terribly wrong with him mentally and / or physically. I don't expect anything to be said by anyone who was /is employed by him. I feel that VKC would make life miserable for them if they did speak up. Did he only have superficial friends? He deserves something here. I feel so sad for him . He looked so miserable for so long. Wish someone would talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I've not read a single good thing about VKC. The change in his appearance was dramatic from 3-4 years ago. No peace for him even after his death. I want someone to come forward and speak on this man's behalf. Something was terribly wrong with him mentally and / or physically. I don't expect anything to be said by anyone who was /is employed by him. I feel that VKC would make life miserable for them if they did speak up. Did he only have superficial friends? He deserves something here. I feel so sad for him . He looked so miserable for so long. Wish someone would talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
If that's the case, it's incredibly sad. Feeling like some puppet who is just put on stage to make money and allow for entry in posh celebrity events.

It's certainly a possibility and definitely a bit Kurt Cobain-esque in that regard. In the end I think they both struggled with drugs and the pressures of fame, both from the industry and perhaps even from those close to them.

It is strange that everyone is being so quiet. Nothing from the band. I think his brother would say something but he is scared he would lose contact with the kids. The MIL was singing his praises on twitter one day, then bashing him and his wife the next. I have not read one good thing about the K family. I can't imagine him not leaving a note, even if it was just for the kids. Anyone know why he was buried next to Ramone? I know his wife was friends of VC, but I really haven't come across anything that shows a relationship between the 2. I'm sure the man is mortified he was buried in that cemetery.

I guess Chris was close friends with Linda Ramone, and Johnny before he passed. She posted as much on June 14th. I don't know if she was included in the C & V's foundation, there's rumor of that, but it's not confirmed info. (In my opinion, Linda sure looked silly at the memorial in that outfit with the tiara.)

Oh, check out the sweet bird.

Chris Cornell's fb
https://www.facebook.com/pg/chriscornell/posts/?ref=page_internal

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I would like to know why a hanging and strangulation have different outcomes as far as petechiae? Weird, I was assuming they would have the same findings as one another.
Our youngest son gets petechiae around his eyes if he cries hard. One day when I picked him up from daycare he had just got done crying (another kid bit him) and when we got home I noticed the tiny purple/red pinpoint dots all around his eyes. I did a quick google search and figured it out, but it scared me a little. IDK, maybe some people are more prone to it than others.

In some hangings, the cause of death is the snapping of the neck when the chair or other source of support is knocked out from under them, therefore the death is nearly instantaneous.

In Chris' case, he had the exercise band wrapped around his neck and attached to the top of the door, so it seems to be a combination of hanging and strangulation. The exercise band was strangling him, but technically was hanging him from the door.

I'm no expert but that's how I interpret the results.

I wonder if there were too many demands and pressures on him to be on tour when he wasn't up to it anymore.
His interest in Soundgarden was clearly in decline.....and he kills himself on the opening leg of their 2017 tour.

other SG members would put a positive spin on recording the next album yet in the weeks before his death, Cornell claimed they had barely started and nowhere close to actual recording. Cornell is prolific and in Soundgarden's past they would whip up albums in the span of weeks/a couple months.

He was dragging his feet.

Cornell had too much on his plate. Solo tours, Temple of the Dog tours, solo albums, songs for soundtracks, the Audioslave reunion show in January, and of course....the Soundgarden tour which would've needed a new album later this year.

An insane schedule the last year of his life.

He needed a rest. Unfortunately, he got one. The wrong kind of rest.

On his last solo tour through my area he had his daughter with him. I found it odd. She is not a very good singer(no offense to her) yet as a fan I am being forced to watch them sing Marley's Redemption Song.

Maybe he wanted her there for other reasons and to humor her and help give her a career boost, let her be onstage with him as an incentive to travel with him.

I've not read a single good thing about VKC. The change in his appearance was dramatic from 3-4 years ago.
Indeed.

Do you like the Soundgarden album King Animal? The song By Crooked Steps sounds like its about her.

[video=youtube;vpJPIpM_Ot4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpJPIpM_Ot4[/video]

This song comes across even worse after his suicide....

[video=youtube;9dFAYdbe6KM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dFAYdbe6KM[/video]

Did he only have superficial friends?
THis is the case with many depressed people. You only allow those within your circle to get so close.

Ok riddle me this...according to interviews with CC himself, he converted to Greek Orthodox because that is what VC and her family practice. According to Greek Orthodox beliefs, "cremation goes contrary to Holy Scripture and is a pagan practice". This is according to goarch.org. Why the cremation when it goes against your faith?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back