NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spooky! I'm a Wilmingtonian. And I can say that he definitely does sound from here. Wilmington is south-eastern NC and accents for the majority aren't too distinct, except for a southern twang with some words, while others how strong southern accents but then again they could have been born someone else. I've lived here my whole life and don't have an accent except randomly I'll have a southern drawl with some words. Other times I can asked often if I'm from Minnesota, New York, or Ohio. It's strange.

About him being rural, I don't directly hear a distinct NC rural accent. My guess is if he is from NC, he was born in the city or a larger rural suburb of a city. My mom is married to someone born in very rural NC and it's the stereotypical kind of obnoxious hick accent. There are larger rural towns though, that are on the outskirts of larger cities that I've known people that came from with little to no accent.

I love that someone mentioned John Goodman! I see it too. He was raised in Missouri. He really sounds like my dad except his voice is deeper. My dad was born in the heart of NC (Asheboro) and lived in Missouri, and South Carolina as well. If he was from Missouri that seems probable to me since he was said to be in Texas in the 70s.

So my guess is he grow up in several southern states like my dad. I'm betting on mid-east NC, SC, or Missouri. God I hope he is not from Wilmington!

I mean BE sounds like my dad. Not that my dad sounds like John Goodman just to clarify. But I do see the Missouri in John and my dad.

Oh my gosh! I just realized this. My grandfather was born and raised in downtown Wilmington. He was born in the 20's and we're guessing BE was born in 30's/40's. I'm seeing a lot of similarities. Alarm bells are going off! I really wish I could hear BE say ville (Like Louisville, Fayetteville; a town). That would be the easiest way to say he's from NC. If you're from here, you'll likely pronounce ville like "vull" (Sounds like wool with a V).

Oh my gosh! I just realized this. My grandfather was born and raised in downtown Wilmington. He was born in the 20's and we're guessing BE was born in 30's/40's. I'm seeing a lot of similarities. Alarm bells are going off! I really wish I could hear BE say ville (Like Louisville, Fayetteville; a town). That would be the easiest way to say he's from NC. If you're from here, you'll likely pronounce ville like "vull" (Sounds like wool with a V).
Many of RE's mannerisms and vocal habits remind me of my father, who was born in 1928. I think he might be a bit older that we think he is.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Many of RE's mannerisms and vocal habits remind me of my father, who was born in 1928. I think he might be a bit older that we think he is.
I think you're right because he wore shoes and trousers, not jeans and sneakers.
The shoes looked liked shiny dress shoes to me. Anyone else notice his footwear?

I think you're right because he wore shoes and trousers, not jeans and sneakers.
The shoes looked liked shiny dress shoes to me. Anyone else notice his footwear?
Yeah, dressing up a bit to go in for an interview with the police is an old-school thing, definitely.

I wonder what he meant by "She's not as aggressive as she used to be" ? Was he trying to hint at her being dead? Is this some sort of figure of speech?
I interpreted the comment as Evans starting to line up a defense. I was guessing he had presented Eunsoon to the detectives as a disturbed woman who had acted aggressively toward him on past occasions. Then if he was eventually charged with her murder, he could use that as some kind of defense.

I agree. In the pictures from the backyard party with Denise he looks much older than 30's IMO, unless he is more weathered due to his lifestyle. When they say he died of natural causes, did they ever release his actual cause of death? I'm curious, he is believed to have been in the same place from 1990 to meeting Eusoon in 2000's. This may seem crass but if he is older than expected, and he stayed in the same location without fleeing (assuming he'd flee after his murders) could it be due to a decrease in sex drive from his age? I'm seeing Eusoon could have been a meal ticket for BE as awful as that sounds. She had no children like his other victims (molestation is suspected), and she wanted to start a family but he refused. She had a good job and money and who knows how old he was, maybe he saw it as his "retirement". In his handyman job I wonder how much physical activity he had to do concerning his age. I wonder what professionals would guess as to his age, like the medical examiner who did his autopsy. Did he have dental work done? Any identifable birth marks or scars? Any surgical procedures?

OMG Yes Alleykins!! I totally noticed his Shoes and Black socks.. which is something men from the older generation wore. Iam are seeing that less and less with old men now a days, but still see the older older ones wearing the shoes and black socks.. My father born 1921 wore that and the trousers and belt along with the button down shirt with the white undershirt ALWAYS!..

OMG Yes Alleykins!! I totally noticed his Shoes and Black socks.. which is something men from the older generation wore. Iam are seeing that less and less with old men now a days, but still see the older older ones wearing the shoes and black socks.. My father born 1921 wore that and the trousers and belt along with the button down shirt with the white undershirt ALWAYS!..

I had an older family friend who refused to wear "dungarees" aka, jeans, because they were considered work clothes when he was growing up and the only folks who wore them as everyday clothes were poor people. Not saying this is a truth of someone raised in the 30s & 40s, but that was his take on what he considered appropriate attire.

I agree. In the pictures from the backyard party with Denise he looks much older than 30's IMO, unless he is more weathered due to his lifestyle. When they say he died of natural causes, did they ever release his actual cause of death? I'm curious, he is believed to have been in the same place from 1990 to meeting Eusoon in 2000's. This may seem crass but if he is older than expected, and he stayed in the same location without fleeing (assuming he'd flee after his murders) could it be due to a decrease in sex drive from his age? I'm seeing Eusoon could have been a meal ticket for BE as awful as that sounds. She had no children like his other victims (molestation is suspected), and she wanted to start a family but he refused. She had a good job and money and who knows how old he was, maybe he saw it as his "retirement". In his handyman job I wonder how much physical activity he had to do concerning his age. I wonder what professionals would guess as to his age, like the medical examiner who did his autopsy. Did he have dental work done? Any identifable birth marks or scars? Any surgical procedures?
He was only with her for a couple of years though--and there may have been other victims who haven't been identified yet.

I suspect he may have been one of those people who was only violent when drinking. He may have gone long periods on the wagon, and might have been a great worker, father, and companion until the next binge. The way he confesses to Jun's murder makes me think maybe he wanted to be locked up so he couldn't kill anybody else.

From what I understand, he was on Hayward St in Manchester from 1977 until the three of them left in Dec. 1981.
Whether or not he traveled during that time for any length of time is unknown. My theory is he was at another mill shut down before he came to NH in 1977, and that was in the more northern climate where the middle child was. I think the four followed him to NH and he killed them shortly after, and he stored their bodies in the basement of Hayward, like he did Jun. Then he dumped them in the barrels in Bear Brook before he left NH.

We don't know what led to his job at Waumbec. As I theorized earlier, folks who do/did mill shut downs pretty much followed the circuit, like someone would follow other transitory jobs like a fair or circus. It's possible RE was just going from shut down to shut down at that point.
Investigators believe the name Robert Evans was an alias. I don't think employment records for the mill are still in existence, but if they are, I'm sure investigators are pouring over them, or have already done that. They have been in touch with his former boss (who was also the owner of the Bear Brook store and owns the land upon which the barrels were found).
Either Robert Evans was a real electrician whose identity this guy stole, or he made up the name & the mill didn't check his references or background. It's also possible that he worked for a company that was contracted out by the mill and didn't work for them directly. He may have worked for a third party company that specialized in shut downs, and they would have been the ones to check his background, or not. My old landlord was a welder who did shut downs back in the 90s and she worked for a contractor that mills hired to do it, she didn't work for the actual mill. When they were done, they went on to the next job.
I put the feelers out to my union brothers and sisters in the Manchester area to see if they worked at the mill and maybe recalled this guy (I belong to an electrical workers union). Some of them are old timers and have been around a bit. Haven't heard back.
From what I recall, RE was a drunk, so most likely he drank his money away come payday.
I don't think we've gotten a timeline yet of RE & Denise's relationship. All we know is that Dawn isn't his daughter.

Thanks for the info on mills Alleykins. I think that is an interesting theory. Has anyone compiled a list or found a mapping of the mills in the Northeast? How may are there? It might be interesting to see if mill locations coincide with the locations of other older missing persons cases (pre-1977) or older unsolved murders that fit RE's MO.

If Evans had been in the military, wouldn't his dabs be on file in their records - at least under the name he was using when he enrolled?
They could have been destroyed in the big archives fire (reference upthread) or among the many that haven't been digitized yet.

Languages:
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Chinese
  • Arabic

If Evans was, as some have suggested, originally from the West Coast that might explain his speaking Spanish, especially as he went on to spend so much time in California.

However Chinese and Arabic are both regarded as "hard" languages to learn, requiring thousands of hours of learning to acquire a usable level of fluency. I seem to recall that in the British diplomatic service most diplomats tend to learn one of the "hard" languages and then spend a significant chunk of their career in that field, though they might go on to learn another "hard" language later on.

For someone like Evans to have learned two of them in a relatively short period of time (the 1970s) would have been quite an achievement, especially if he had deserted the military (as suggested by other posters) and then had limited opportunities to use and practise them.

Was he ever heard speaking them, or did he just say he could and was believed?

My generation is going to be wearing hoodies in the retirement home. I think about that sometimes. Sorry, OT.

RE mentions having to eat "4-5 small meals a day" and I asked a friend what medical conditions this might indicate (in the hopes it could help narrow down his age). My friend named three things: diabetes, gastroparesis and hypoglycemia, the last two could be caused by alcoholism.

He was only with her for a couple of years though--and there may have been other victims who haven't been identified yet.

I suspect he may have been one of those people who was only violent when drinking. He may have gone long periods on the wagon, and might have been a great worker, father, and companion until the next binge. The way he confesses to Jun's murder makes me think maybe he wanted to be locked up so he couldn't kill anybody else.

To be honest, I'm just having hopeful thinking. I'm hoping 1990-2001 was a stand still for him killing. I was also looking at his past patterns: drifting, using alias's, fleeing locations supposedly after murders. He had been in that location and used that same alias the longest that we know of. The green river killer quit killing iifor a while after he married his 3rd wife. I agree with the violent when drinking. Could he have managed to remain sober in this timeframe? When you think of it alcohol had gotten him arrested before and he couldn't afford to be detected as a fugitive. I agree 100% that he confessed to get himself locked up to never harm anyone else. I kind of feel like he didn't flee after Eunsoon's murder was because he knew it was the end.

I'm not the greatest judge of age, and drinking and smoking are known to make people look older, but if had to guess, I'm thinking RE is about mid-to-late 60s, possible very early 70s in this video. I'm definitely thinking he was born before 1950.

I can also somewhat hear the sing-song intonations in his voice that the other detective described.

I've watched this video several times. Not once did I see him put on his glasses. He wears them on his head and holds them in his hands, but I don't see them on his face, not even when the files are in front of him (in case he needed them for reading). Of course, it may be just the way it was edited, so he may have worn them in the footage we don't see, but that jumped out at me. I wonder why he needed them & whether or not he's had them most of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member