Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell dead at 52 (wrongful death charges against Dr. Robert Koblin) 2017

Ok riddle me this...according to interviews with CC himself, he converted to Greek Orthodox because that is what VC and her family practice. According to Greek Orthodox beliefs, "cremation goes contrary to Holy Scripture and is a pagan practice". This is according to goarch.org. Why the cremation when it goes against your faith?

The cremation ( especially so quickly ) has bothered me too. Only thing I can think of is because it was a suicide. I don't know much about religion, but wouldn't that be against church law or a sin or whatever?
Then again, even if he couldn't have a church funeral, it still really doesn't explain the cremation. IDK. Sorry for rambling.

The cremation ( especially so quickly ) has bothered me too. Only thing I can think of is because it was a suicide. I don't know much about religion, but wouldn't that be against church law or a sin or whatever?
Then again, even if he couldn't have a church funeral, it still really doesn't explain the cremation. IDK. Sorry for rambling.

But how could it be a deliberate act of suicide when his family believe it was an unintentional act because CC was under the influence of a drug that was known to cause suicidal thoughts?
If it was unintentional it can't be a sin can it?

Why did his wife immediately start mentioning the extra Ativan? Had Chris showed signs of prescription Ativan drug abuse in the months before and she knew about it? It's very easy to start to rely on the benzos to relax, and they're often prescribed by doctors without enough caution.

So many of you mention he was acting off on stage even before that night. If he was acting different and off before that night -- why haven't any of his band members on tour with him said anything on the matter. (Wish I could've been a fly on the wall listening to what they had to say when they had dinner with his ex wife after the memorial.)

He didn't leave a suicide note. He was such a family man and devoted to his children. They, and we, are left with the haunting questions. Did he plan to do this? Or was he impaired and not know what he was doing?

The Soundgarden singer tested positive for Lorazepam (also known as Ativan), the sedative Butalbital, the decongestant Pseudoephedrine and the anti-overdose medication Naloxone after he was found May 18, the toxicology report obtained by the Daily News said.

While notable, the drugs didn’t change the Wayne County Medical Examiner's preliminary finding that Cornell committed suicide.

“These drugs did not contribute to the cause of death,” the full autopsy report released Friday said.

Warning there's some graphic details here.

The coroner said Cornell, 52, was found “partially suspended” with a “resistance exercise band” tied around his neck.

“The security guard had to kick in the decedent’s locked hotel room door and locked bedroom door,” the report said.

“The security guard released the resistance band exercise band from the top of the door, loosened (it) around the decedent’s neck and began resuscitative efforts,” it said. “Despite resuscitation, the decedent was pronounced dead at the scene.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...gs-system-toxicology-report-article-1.3216312

The only thing I can think of re: the "not in his right mind" or "accident" comment his wife and children have made is because according to Greek Orthodox suicide is a sin and he will not be "resurrected" unless a doctor confirms he was not in his right mind. However, they also deem cremation a sin and the person will not be resurrected. It also states that even if it was the persons wishes to be cremated that the church must try to convince the family to go against their wishes or they will be committing a sin AND the person will not be resurrected. The quick cremation threw up a BIG red flag for me but after reading up on that, I am now convinced that there is some type of cover up somewhere.

I'm a RN and have given high doses of Ativan to many patients and it just causes sedation in larger doses. If he had taken an extremely large dose he would probably not have the coordination to rig up such a device. Plus if you rely on the jacked up timeline, it would have only been about 15 minutes from the time the BG gave him the Ativan to the time he hung himself. It generally takes about 45 min for oral pills to kick in.

All reports claim that as soon as she starts calling people she immediately starts with the Ativan and the police report states that when the officer called her to report the death, she states "he has a history of depression". Not sure that would be my immediate reaction when someone tells me my husband was found dead. My husband thinks I'm a nutcase by the way, because I can't let this go, but this whole story just does not add up.

The only thing I can think of re: the "not in his right mind" or "accident" comment his wife and children have made is because according to Greek Orthodox suicide is a sin and he will not be "resurrected" unless a doctor confirms he was not in his right mind. However, they also deem cremation a sin and the person will not be resurrected. It also states that even if it was the persons wishes to be cremated that the church must try to convince the family to go against their wishes or they will be committing a sin AND the person will not be resurrected. The quick cremation threw up a BIG red flag for me but after reading up on that, I am now convinced that there is some type of cover up somewhere.

It did raise Red Flags, and I do wonder why and who decided cremation, but there may be more acceptance of cremation within the Greek Orthodox religion these days.

New Greek law permits cremation
MARCH 2, 2006
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/02/world/europe/new-greek-law-permits-cremation.html

also here http://helleniccomserve.com/newgreeklaw.html

According to the law, Orthodox Greeks can choose cremation as long as they have stated this in writing before their death or their immediate relatives wish it.

Gee, I sure hope my ashes make it to Heaven.

All reports claim that as soon as she starts calling people she immediately starts with the Ativan and the police report states that when the officer called her to report the death, she states "he has a history of depression". Not sure that would be my immediate reaction when someone tells me my husband was found dead. My husband thinks I'm a nutcase by the way, because I can't let this go, but this whole story just does not add up.
Everyone grieves differently. I think the whole Ativan thing is just her way of trying to deflect and maintain he was a regular guy who just took some extra pills and wasn't in his right mind when he did this.

However, suicide is a complicated affair. Maybe this was a rash decision based on current unhappiness...or maybe he's been feeling this way for years and he finally decided upon it.

Either way the Ativan is a scapegoat. Something was broken in his life whether it was his family, career, sobriety...but we may never know.

Maybe they are going by the laws from Greece. Because on goarch.org the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America still considers it a pagan practice. Seems like it would be the other way around.

I, too, have found it difficult to just "let it go" and accept the stories I've been told. Chris said and did a few things during the show that was odd even before any extra Ativans. But then, even the timing of him being found dead so soon after the concert, and the body guard fixing the computer and dispensing Ativan, to the wife's call of alarm,...something keeps bothering me about it. It seems we don't know something important.

:fish:~~ :fish:~~:fish:

Eight years today since Michael Jackson died and there was definitely a story to that.

:moo: it seems fishy

All reports claim that as soon as she starts calling people she immediately starts with the Ativan and the police report states that when the officer called her to report the death, she states "he has a history of depression". Not sure that would be my immediate reaction when someone tells me my husband was found dead.
While I don't like her, its not like she was lying. He clearly had a history of depression and you don't have to know the guy to realize that. You simply have to listen to his songs.

For years when friends and I would bring up Soundgarden and the convo would eventually start going over their lyrical content, I would say the same thing.....a miracle he didn't off himself in 1994. Superunknown is an incredibly dark album and he would have to be in a very disturbed and lonely place to come up with lyrics such as Fell on Black Days, Mailman, Fresh Tendrils, 4th of July, Superunknown, etc.

Listen to the song Worried Moon from his last solo album and his approaching suicide isn't as much of a surprise.

I'm a RN and have given high doses of Ativan to many patients and it just causes sedation in larger doses. If he had taken an extremely large dose he would probably not have the coordination to rig up such a device. Plus if you rely on the jacked up timeline, it would have only been about 15 minutes from the time the BG gave him the Ativan to the time he hung himself. It generally takes about 45 min for oral pills to kick in.
He didn't have a large dose and it wouldn't take that long for the dose to start kicking in anyways. A typical benzo addict will usually place the ativan, xanax, klonopin, etc. under their tongue to get the drug coarsing through their veins quicker and get what Cornell would call "on and connected". If that's not good enough, they'll mainline it.

4 mg of Ativan is a low dose for an addict. Its verging on a 'maintenance' dose. 4 mg is simply going to make you drowsy.

There is no coverup. There is no conspiracy. As insanely talented as he was, it boils down to a very depressed guy with a history of alcohol and drug problems killing himself. I hate how certain media outlets and even some fans are trying to turn this into Cobain 2.0

Everyone grieves differently. I think the whole Ativan thing is just her way of trying to deflect and maintain he was a regular guy who just took some extra pills and wasn't in his right mind when he did this.

However, suicide is a complicated affair. Maybe this was a rash decision based on current unhappiness...or maybe he's been feeling this way for years and he finally decided upon it.

Either way the Ativan is a scapegoat. Something was broken in his life whether it was his family, career, sobriety...but we may never know.

Well that's the problem no one knows what really happened to Chris except the fact he died. So it's all guesswork really for those left behind if he left no note.

While I don't like her, its not like she was lying. He clearly had a history of depression and you don't have to know the guy to realize that. You simply have to listen to his songs.

For years when friends and I would bring up Soundgarden and the convo would eventually start going over their lyrical content, I would say the same thing.....a miracle he didn't off himself in 1994. Superunknown is an incredibly dark album and he would have to be in a very disturbed and lonely place to come up with lyrics such as Fell on Black Days, Mailman, Fresh Tendrils, 4th of July, Superunknown, etc.

Listen to the song Worried Moon from his last solo album and his approaching suicide isn't as much of a surprise.

He didn't have a large dose and it wouldn't take that long for the dose to start kicking in anyways. A typical benzo addict will usually place the ativan, xanax, klonopin, etc. under their tongue to get the drug coarsing through their veins quicker and get what Cornell would call "on and connected". If that's not good enough, they'll mainline it.

4 mg of Ativan is a low dose for an addict. Its verging on a 'maintenance' dose. 4 mg is simply going to make you drowsy.

There is no coverup. There is no conspiracy. As insanely talented as he was, it boils down to a very depressed guy with a history of alcohol and drug problems killing himself. I hate how certain media outlets and even some fans are trying to turn this into Cobain 2.0

I guess that is why this is called his called websleuths. We all have our own questions and theories...

I've not read a single good thing about VKC. The change in his appearance was dramatic from 3-4 years ago. No peace for him even after his death. I want someone to come forward and speak on this man's behalf. Something was terribly wrong with him mentally and / or physically. I don't expect anything to be said by anyone who was /is employed by him. I feel that VKC would make life miserable for them if they did speak up. Did he only have superficial friends? He deserves something here. I feel so sad for him . He looked so miserable for so long. Wish someone would talk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I agree, the change in his appearance was significant and not, in my opinion, just the normal course of aging.

Wow did anyone see Peter Cornell's FB message last night? Now I know why CC must have ended his life. The K family is unbelievable.

Makes me sad, but does bring a little bit of closure. I have been trying to prove that there was some sort of fowl play involved, but it seems that Chris saw himself as just stuck, with no other way out.

Please take this as My Opinion Only.

I guess the twitter viciousness towards Eddie V. was the tip of the iceberg, and now Peter is being silenced. Watch it, you got to stick with the story that Chris was extremely happy and what happened was Ativan's fault.

It seems the control is pervasive and overpowering. I wonder if Chris even wanted to be on tour and on stage at that time struggling with depression. He supposedly flew home for those few days then back to the tour, and that was the final concert. Tragic.

:cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back